46 replies to this topic

#1 Shadow Magnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 429 posts
  • LocationLake Constance, Germany

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:57 AM

Dragon 5N: AC2 -> UAC5, removed 25% energy heat gen quirks. How does PGI think we should run this mech? 1x UAC5, 2MPL or what? Seriously? A single UAC5 is utterly useless!

Dragon 1C: All energy heat gen quirks removed aswell - completely useless now, or do they really think you can get close up and brawl with it? It was just ok with 4x ER LL before...

Blindly aligning quirks to stock layout without putting any sense or logic into it...

This is just a sick joke, right? Can someone please wake me up from this bad dream? :(

#2 speleomaniac

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:25 AM

I bought the Dragon-5N Champion to experience the Dakka-Lord, never again I will buy anything from PGI with my hard earned money, if I see the slightest chance they will change something in such a short notice for premium material.

Other games are really sensitive to make any change to premium material, it seems they don't have this sensitivity and they should pay the price for it.

#3 Shadow Magnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 429 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:30 AM

Yeah, I also made the mistake to buy the Mastery pack. Funny though, I didn't buy the 1N yet and this one is still ok after the nerf.

#4 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:31 AM

This is the exact reason I bought my one hero, PB, and probably won't buy another, because if it happened to me, I'd be pretty irritated.

Buying something based on the quirks however, which they made clear could and would see some changes and balancing, wasn't a smart move on anyone's part, but this is a general issue with the game.

Why spend money on something when there's absolutely zero guarantee it won't be completely altered the next day? I know people still do it, but it does seem quite silly to buy heroes in this game at this point.

#5 Bromineberry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:44 AM

View PostShadow Magnet, on 09 December 2014 - 02:57 AM, said:

Dragon 1C: All energy heat gen quirks removed aswell - completely useless now, or do they really think you can get close up and brawl with it? It was just ok with 4x ER LL before...

This is really anoying. My beloved PPC/ERPPC build (that I never encountered on the battlefield) is now as weak as it was before. It never was a strong build, especially not with the hard nerfing PPCs took over the last month and with the bad hit detection. I don't really understand, why they removed the "-Energy heat" quirk.

#6 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:34 AM

View PostKodyn, on 09 December 2014 - 03:31 AM, said:

This is the exact reason I bought my one hero, PB, and probably won't buy another, because if it happened to me, I'd be pretty irritated.

Buying something based on the quirks however, which they made clear could and would see some changes and balancing, wasn't a smart move on anyone's part, but this is a general issue with the game.

Why spend money on something when there's absolutely zero guarantee it won't be completely altered the next day? I know people still do it, but it does seem quite silly to buy heroes in this game at this point.

This. Instead of using normal buffs like armour and speed, they rely on highly situation based quirks that are only useful for certain builds given a certain meta. The whole idea that you're free to choose any build you want and that you shouldn't feel pressured to stick to the weapons buffed by quirks is silly, because the powerful weapon buffs are the only things making certain variants viable in the current meta. If you put anything but SRM4's on a Huginn, it's a terrible mech. If you put SRM4's on it, it's devastating.

#7 Darzok

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 255 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:38 AM

To be fair weapon Quirks have been done badly(rushed?) so i would expect them to change a lot more in the up coming months.

#8 speleomaniac

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:40 AM

I was expecting that they play with parameters like not %25 AC2 CD but %20 AC2 CD but that they will throw away the whole AC2 quirks, yeah I was flat footed there.

But as said I was flat footed, never again.

But remember the Quirkening Sale, they planned to cash in with quirks change, you like to change buy the thing with MC, next day change it to something complete else. You can even consider this as felony.

Edited by speleomaniac, 09 December 2014 - 04:58 AM.

#9 Daelen Rottiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:41 AM

posted this somewhere else:

Whos idea were the Dragon 5N quirks??!?
What are you thinking about when you assign quirks to a mech? whitle lil ponies?! UAC5 quirks for a mech that is only able to carry a single UAC5 having the opportunity to carry 3 ballistics? why not sticking to AC2s?!

whaaat...

#10 Shadow Magnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 429 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:43 AM

To the point, indeed. I never expected they would change the Dragons (or CN9-AL) in an extreme way like this. Small fixes if something is too powerfull, ok. But basically they made a couple of mech variants useless garage keepers again that would be a liability to your team if you field them. I thought the goal of the quirks was the exact opposite?

#11 The Boz

• 1,317 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:46 AM

View Postspeleomaniac, on 09 December 2014 - 03:25 AM, said:

I bought the Dragon-5N Champion to experience the Dakka-Lord, never again I will buy anything from PGI with my hard earned money, if I see the slightest chance they will change something in such a short notice for premium material.

Other games are really sensitive to make any change to premium material, it seems they don't have this sensitivity and they should pay the price for it.

If "premium" material is deemed nerf-worthy, "premium" material should be nerfed. Get used to it.

#12 speleomaniac

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:02 AM

View PostThe Boz, on 09 December 2014 - 04:46 AM, said:

If "premium" material is deemed nerf-worthy, "premium" material should be nerfed. Get used to it.

So let see WoT nerfs Super Pershing, you get a full refund, they nerf TDs, they didn't dare to touch E-25.

So there are some lessons to take here, I have a better idea, I don't buy any premium material, this is definitely better for PGI isn't it.

Edited by speleomaniac, 09 December 2014 - 05:02 AM.

#13 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:06 AM

View PostDaelen Rottiger, on 09 December 2014 - 04:41 AM, said:

posted this somewhere else:

Whos idea were the Dragon 5N quirks??!?
What are you thinking about when you assign quirks to a mech? whitle lil ponies?! UAC5 quirks for a mech that is only able to carry a single UAC5 having the opportunity to carry 3 ballistics? why not sticking to AC2s?!

whaaat...

It's almost like they aren't in line with the meta? OMG! Impossibru!!!

I have more faith now that PGI is on track and knows what they are doing than I have in the past. Thanks PGI for trying to balance this great game!

#14 Shadow Magnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 429 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:06 AM

View PostThe Boz, on 09 December 2014 - 04:46 AM, said:

Can you please explain the logic behind the changes to 1C and 5N? The "OP" variant 1N was not nerfed, the other variants were OP and needed nerfs? Really???

#15 The Boz

• 1,317 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:08 AM

View Postspeleomaniac, on 09 December 2014 - 05:02 AM, said:

So let see WoT nerfs Super Pershing, you get a full refund, they nerf TDs, they didn't dare to touch E-25.

So there are some lessons to take here, I have a better idea, I don't buy any premium material, this is definitely better for PGI isn't it.

It is better for the game to minimize pay to win scenarios, yes.

View PostShadow Magnet, on 09 December 2014 - 05:06 AM, said:

Can you please explain the logic behind the changes to 1C and 5N? The "OP" variant 1N was not nerfed, the other variants were OP and needed nerfs? Really???

Now, see, that is the topic to discuss here.

#16 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,960 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:08 AM

Energy weapon bonuses were the least of the problems when it came to the Dragon quirks..

Very sad to see them lost.

#17 Shadow Magnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 429 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:09 AM

View Postcdlord, on 09 December 2014 - 05:06 AM, said:

It's almost like they aren't in line with the meta? OMG! Impossibru!!!

I have more faith now that PGI is on track and knows what they are doing than I have in the past. Thanks PGI for trying to balance this great game!

You are seriously saying that a single UAC5 is useful? That 2 or 3 AC2 were too powerful? :blink:

#18 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:11 AM

View PostShadow Magnet, on 09 December 2014 - 05:09 AM, said:

You are seriously saying that a single UAC5 is useful? That 2 or 3 AC2 were too powerful? :blink:

I'm saying it would be if people weren't always going for meta, shoe-horning in as many weapons as possible and one-buttoning it across the battlefield. The tears that result from some meta or another being nerfed are delicious.

#19 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:12 AM

so dragons will be put back to what they were before? I used them all pre-quirk but I like them where they are now....

sigh....it was what a tier 4 mech and now its too op? Not like tons of them are running around or anything. Still barely see them.

and no 2x or 3x AC2 was/is not OP or anything. Its a ton o fun but you don't win with them.

4x ERLL dragon wasn't even that great with the quirks.

Almost sounds like I'll be back to to AC/10 + LL or PPC or LPL again.

Edited by Bigbacon, 09 December 2014 - 05:14 AM.

#20 Shadow Magnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 429 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:12 AM

View Postcdlord, on 09 December 2014 - 05:11 AM, said:

I'm saying it would be if people weren't always going for meta, shoe-horning in as many weapons as possible and one-buttoning it across the battlefield. The tears that result from some meta or another being nerfed are delicious.

That doesn't answer my question. So please, what build you suggest for the 5N with the new quirks?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users