181 replies to this topic

#41 VenturePilot

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 45 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:54 AM

<a href="http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=237&l=bc198a1a9d0ebf461ccdc8a2f9a5b2134ddecba5">KING CRAB KGC-000(L) Gauss build</a>

Might switch SRM6 with a laser in the other torso, not solid on it yet. First game in it went well, clipped a lights wings at ~600m

#42 Punk Oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 352 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:15 AM

As a ballistics lover, I spent the night trying out a bunch of different ballistics only configs, and these were the ones that worked well for me.

Also, out of the couple dozen matches I played, almost all with an XL. I never died once to a ST loss. This thing is a CT magnet...

KING CRAB KGC-000(L)
4-AC5, 2-AC2. It works decently well. Seems like an average build all around.

KING CRAB KGC-000(L)
Probably my favorite of the whole night. LBX10, 2-AC5, 3-AC2. The random cadence of the dakka rhythm and size really seems to mess with people. The only problem is it runs hotter than I like. Not sure if it is the actual build or some weird AC2 things going on with it.

KING CRAB KGC-000(L)

This one puts in a standard 300 and CASE. I like this build and had some really good matches. BUT It feels a bit under-powered when brawling it out with other assaults/heavies. This was my last build so I may play with it tomorrow and break the "nothing but ballistics" rule I set. You could run a much larger XL if you wanted. This one also has a LOT of ammo. Some could be replaced with some lasers easily.

#43 Bows3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 229 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • Location3 time World Champion

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:37 AM

I'm afraid the Dire Wolf beats the Krab by a fair margin, all of the builds here a Dire Wolf could run and beat the Krab at its own game. At least the atlas can beat a Dire Wolf at close range.

BUT, that's not to say the Krab is bad, because it's a very powerful 'mech, primarily so because of its ability to change engine while still having vastly more ballistics firepower then the Atlas.

#44 MechWarrior679696

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 85 posts
  • LocationWhere you don't want to be

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:56 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 09 December 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

Yeah, if this thing can effectively run an XL...

I still say you don't run one just so you can tank as much as possible (especially given the close-in nature of this mech), but...with an XL? Thing can definitely kick some doors open.

It can. Every single damn fight I've been running in this thing it's been all CT damage to kill me dead, and the thing that keeps me from being effective is the utter lack of speed with the 300 STD engine. It needs the 360XL and pilot skills. The extra torso yaw speed should actually let you twist and spread damage better so you don't get so much horrible focus on one component, and you can return fire effectively. The next hindrance is the massive size of the AC20s, which prevents you from cramming in more guns into those arms, but... At least the 360XL is something of a "sweet spot" engine when it comes to the amount of heat sinks and tonnage progression...

#45 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 04:44 AM

View PostExplodedZombie, on 09 December 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

Anyone doing Dual Gauss, yet?

Been there, done that, it was ok-ish.

View PostMr Huge, on 10 December 2014 - 02:56 AM, said:

It can. Every single damn fight I've been running in this thing it's been all CT damage to kill me dead, and the thing that keeps me from being effective is the utter lack of speed with the 300 STD engine. It needs the 360XL and pilot skills. The extra torso yaw speed should actually let you twist and spread damage better so you don't get so much horrible focus on one component, and you can return fire effectively. The next hindrance is the massive size of the AC20s, which prevents you from cramming in more guns into those arms, but... At least the 360XL is something of a "sweet spot" engine when it comes to the amount of heat sinks and tonnage progression...

You're right about it being XL safe. I've run a bunch of matches in it with XL now and only died to ST loss once so far. CT is taking most of the hits, and what the CT doesn't take, the huge arms do. I actually dropped the AC20s for LB10s and put MGs in for a surprisingly dangerous crit-seeking fighting method. Chews pretty near anything I've pitted it against up 1v1, though I haven't shot at too many lights with it aside from one unfortunate Raven. It's the first time in forever that MGs have felt worth anything at all to me.

#46 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:55 AM

I tried the 4 Ultra5 with std325 build and it is fun.

Currently trying 4 ac5, 2 ac2, endo, dhs, std300... with a little armor shaved. High DPS but runs a little hot if you have to bang away non stop.

I will be trying 2 gauss with 2 pulse and std320 I think next. Should be able to get 5 tons of gauss ammo on and still almost max armor.

Edited by DarthPeanut, 10 December 2014 - 10:02 AM.

#47 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:24 AM

I have mostly been running with 4 AC5s with 8 tons of ammo, 2 medium lasers and an SRM4. STD 300 engine, and AMS. I've been doing consistent 500-800 dmg matches for the last 20 or so matches.

This is on the 000(L) btw.

I've tried the dual gauss build with either 2 PPCs, 2 ERLL, or 2 LPLs, and I find it a little lacking. Sure you can hill hump just fine, but when you want to use your gauss rifles, you have to fully expose yourself to not hit the ground. I guess I'm just spoiled with the dual gauss jagermech.

I'll give the XL engine a try though. I have lost side torsos a couple of times, but not often. Probably pad the CT a little more in the front and keep facing the enemy.

Other than that, I love this mech.

Edit: Another build that I'm enjoying with the same STD 300 engine is 2 AC10s, LRM 20 and 2 MPLs.

Edited by Caine2112, 10 December 2014 - 11:25 AM.

#48 Smokeyjedi

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:35 AM

indeed
2ERLL range lvl5mod.
2AC20 range lvl5mod.
butt tonnes of ammo. 5X AC20 AMMO min.
as large an engine that will fit......
ride around with DDC and make grown men weep when limbs fly off from 1200M to the ever so sweet AC20 range hotzone.....

#49 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:49 AM

View PostExplodedZombie, on 09 December 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

Anyone doing Dual Gauss, yet?

I'm thinking that might be my 000B, although I was also thinking of making that one a LPL boat. The 000(L)'s quirks are AC20-specific, so I'm keeping that as the focus of that one.

View PostSmokeyjedi, on 10 December 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

indeed
2ERLL range lvl5mod.
2AC20 range lvl5mod.
butt tonnes of ammo. 5X AC20 AMMO min.
as large an engine that will fit......
ride around with DDC and make grown men weep when limbs fly off from 1200M to the ever so sweet AC20 range hotzone.....

That's my build, actually. Really effective, especially now that it's through the Basics.

#50 The Red Priest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 137 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:51 AM

I have 4 uac/5s and two medium lasers. I tear through almost any mech I encounter. This is the first assault that I absolutely love.

#51 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:04 PM

View Posttheta123, on 09 December 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

Let us show the daishi ******** who is boss! Unleash the builds!

KING CRAB KGC-000(L)
My canon build! Same weapons and speed, just some lovely DHS and such

KING CRAB KGC-0000
My "Full broadside" version of the kingcrab. When you absolutely have to unleash everything at once

KING CRAB KGC-000B

"Knock knock
-Whos there?
"Dakka
-Dakka who?
"ZOIDBERGS DAKKA! BLLUUURRRRRRRRR

i like your dakka build but the 3kph more that 325 is gettig isnt worth the extra ammo for those 5's :)

#52 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:30 PM

Dual PPC Gauss IS flavor.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d18c185f96c85a3

#53 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:41 PM

Behold, The "Cockpit Rattler".

#54 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:10 PM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 10 December 2014 - 01:41 PM, said:

A bit low on ammo I think... I'll get to 600 rounds with a 3xAC2 Shadow Hawk, and only 450 for 6?

Have you actually run this? how bad is ghost heat?

This is what I had in mind: KING CRAB KGC-000(L) Dakka Lord

Edited by 627, 10 December 2014 - 02:18 PM.

#55 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:31 PM

View Post627, on 10 December 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

A bit low on ammo I think... I'll get to 600 rounds with a 3xAC2 Shadow Hawk, and only 450 for 6?

Have you actually run this? how bad is ghost heat?

This is what I had in mind: KING CRAB KGC-000(L) Dakka Lord

I never have the...claws?...to run a build like this. I always have to have at least one energy weapon on my builds. Just something to do after your ammo's gone. Not that I think you'd actually plow through that much, but if you DID? You'd really be sad you didn't at least have a ML to continue to contribute.

#56 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:01 PM

Well I chatted it up with some friends, played some matches, and swapped some things out. What I found was that the high energy points and high missile launch points make this mech great and deadly along side with a heavy ballistic build.

I am sure everyone has seen the Dual AC20 and Dual PPC builds in the field but they will not last long due to the heat that they suffer. Its almost like the one and done 6 PPC Stalker. So instead of doing something like that I looked at other Ballistic builds first that utilize more range offensive then an AC20. So first I tried Dual Gauss Rifles, and sadly this doesn't pay off due to lack of ammunition and a back up (you either have a back up or sufficeint ammunition). I then looked at the UAC5 or AC5 build (that is QUAD 5s just so you know). This build works well when combined with weapon modules that boost their abilities. Able to do 20 damage faster, less of a heat issue then just one AC20, and better ranges. So the AC5 became a great build with a back up of two medium lasers (basically a bigger and better ilya AC5 mech).

After that I figure why not try some crazy ness, and that is when it happened. The missile points are high on the left back allowing the missiles to start in an upward angel from the word go. Thus allowing me to be closer to cover and launch over. An example is you know how you can have that Battle master 1S and you launch missiles and they go straight forawrd into the hill? Well not with this mech, instead it is set in a launch angel already and just launches out of it like such. The other part was the high energy you could just peek over the edge with 2 large pulses and help mark your targets narrowing your progile and at the same time shoot the with the energy.

In other words a crazy build I found that worked was 2 lrm 10s, 2 large pulse lasers, and 6 machine guns (you have the hard point might as well put something in there right?). It turned into a dapper king instead of a dapper jager with the ability to launch lrms, whats not to love?

I hope you enjoy my builds.

#57 Shiven

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:02 PM

This is what I threw together for my KC - KING CRAB KGC-0000

KGC-0000
STD 310 (55KPH)
2xLL
2xAC20 w/ 5 tons ammo
BAP

Soften up targets with the lasers and punch anyone unfortunate enough to cross your firing arc with AC20s.

For a more brawling friendly build. KING CRAB KGC-0000-"CQC"

KCG-0000
STD 310 (55KPH)
3xML
2xAC20 w/ 4 tons ammo
3xSRM4 w/ 4 tons ammo

Edited by Shiven, 11 December 2014 - 10:37 AM.

#58 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:20 PM

I've also noticed, because of those high laser mounts, you can shoot over teammates. Not for the faint of heart, and you have to be REAL careful doing it, but it's like the head laser port on the Banshee.

#59 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:38 PM

Enhanced Clan Buster variant. XL350 for speed. Pair of Gauss (8t) for range, backed up with a pair of MPLs and a pair of SRM4s with Artemis. If you want some more firepower you can drop down to an XL 300 and lose the Artemis to upgrade to a pair of LPLs over MPLs.

#60 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:43 PM

I was debating something like this. Just an all-around support mech. AGAIN...I think that 100 ton mechs should be damage sinks, but this should be able to do both, and help as it waddles to the front.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d28e42ac81a202f

4 LRM5s, ERPPC, 3 MLs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users