• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:54 PM

wow the hamster is quite worth a lot xD

https://static.mwome...ks_Rewards2.pdf

also I wonder cna you get every reward only once?

or can people then change faction every one or two weeks and grab a mechbay for low reward?
further I wonder how the end calculation of the rewards of a mech works, because when I bring 2 mechs with bonus and two without, how and when is what calculated? Russ stated at the end all boni get accumulated. does bringing 2F mechs then mean twice the boni? or still only once? Or does the match even know which rewards came from which mech?

Edited by Lily from animove, 10 December 2014 - 02:58 PM.

#2 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:04 PM

Some real rewards on here :) I bet we will only get 1 per account. The rewards are to good

#3 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:08 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 10 December 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

wow the hamster is quite worth a lot xD

https://static.mwome...ks_Rewards2.pdf

also I wonder cna you get every reward only once?

or can people then change faction every one or two weeks and grab a mechbay for low reward?
further I wonder how the end calculation of the rewards of a mech works, because when I bring 2 mechs with bonus and two without, how and when is what calculated? Russ stated at the end all boni get accumulated. does bringing 2F mechs then mean twice the boni? or still only once? Or does the match even know which rewards came from which mech?

My observations since not a feedback thread in sight:

Is Davion combined with Steiner? What faction should I team with and grind to level 20? What happens if I lose LP? Do I lose the rewards given?
Is there a feedback thread connected to Paul's LP update?
But besides that, what faction should I join to go to level 20 and then switch off to another faction?

I checked there was literally no Steiner in the LP Rewards table. https://static.mwome...ks_Rewards2.pdf
That's obviously not good.
Marik - Davion - Kurita - Liao - FRR- Jade Falcon - Smoke Jaguar - Wolf - Ghost Bear. No Steiner, but could be a copy/paste glitch as Liao has German ranks. Hauptmann is a Steiner mech so assuming it's the same meaning Hauptmann is german for general.
Which means probably a copy/paste issue, not that they removed Steiner absolutely. That would be simply insane.

I am hoping there is more reason to join a faction besides who's winning/taking the lead and who has more people. If for example driving a Jagermech gives LP to Davion players then that would give a reason to join there.

If reearning rewards regives you everything it would be broken on a whole new level now. Lower your LP a bit and bring it up a bit then get so much MC and GXP.

Edited by luxebo, 10 December 2014 - 03:10 PM.

#4 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:12 PM

Steiners are DOA they're not even worth listing :P

#5 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:27 PM

View Postluxebo, on 10 December 2014 - 03:08 PM, said:

My observations since not a feedback thread in sight:

Is Davion combined with Steiner? What faction should I team with and grind to level 20? What happens if I lose LP? Do I lose the rewards given?
Is there a feedback thread connected to Paul's LP update?
But besides that, what faction should I join to go to level 20 and then switch off to another faction?

I checked there was literally no Steiner in the LP Rewards table. https://static.mwome...ks_Rewards2.pdf
That's obviously not good.
Marik - Davion - Kurita - Liao - FRR- Jade Falcon - Smoke Jaguar - Wolf - Ghost Bear. No Steiner, but could be a copy/paste glitch as Liao has German ranks. Hauptmann is a Steiner mech so assuming it's the same meaning Hauptmann is german for general.
Which means probably a copy/paste issue, not that they removed Steiner absolutely. That would be simply insane.

I am hoping there is more reason to join a faction besides who's winning/taking the lead and who has more people. If for example driving a Jagermech gives LP to Davion players then that would give a reason to join there.

If reearning rewards regives you everything it would be broken on a whole new level now. Lower your LP a bit and bring it up a bit then get so much MC and GXP.

I had similar questions, especially about Steiner but agree probably a c/p issue.

As to re-earning, almost a given they only occur once per rank/faction. As to jumping faction, it's been said elsewhere that you lose LP with at least one enemy faction. Though they did say at one point that medallions were going to be fluff, and just a one time LP boost. (Thankful I never pulled the trigger and picked mine...)

#6 InRev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:32 PM

Pretty sure the head of the Capellan Confederation isn't the Archon :P

In other words, the chart lacks the Liao ranks, and mislabelled the Steiner ones

#7 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:34 PM

#8 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:37 PM

Awesome rewards there...very excited for all this.

Posted Image

I hope they add to this list at some point.

#9 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:43 PM

Liao is the one missing, as it caps out at Archon which is the head of House Steiner.

As to re-earning, it's almost certainly once per faction/rank. As to jumping faction, has been said you lose points with at least one other faction when you earn. So if you took a Kurita contract to attack a Davion world.....

So while you may be able to take a Davion contract with a negative balance, it would take some time to work your way up to Private.

Yes you could fairly easily get 3 mechbays, but then would have to dig yourself out of a hole with the three factions you pissed off to get 3 more. Might be easier to just stick with one or two factions and work your way up.

**edit** Didn't mean to double post...page glitched and looked like it lost my post...then posted this one and poof there is the original one....

Edited by Nick Makiaveli, 10 December 2014 - 03:44 PM.

#10 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:47 PM

Not a fan of the rewards on this list at all.

MC, GXP, and Mech Bays are nice, but don't feel much like 'faction' rewards. Those are a wash.
Ranks are ranks, except a number of them are mis-spelled, and Davion is a 'Leftenant' not a Lieutenant.

Biggest gripe - where are the faction specific rewards? These are trash cockpit items which have little or no faction association.

I could see a banner or faction cockpit item as a low level reward. But there should be faction color unlocks. Faction decal unlocks. Faction unit paint scheme unlocks (common units first, like Robinson Rangers or Galedon Regulars, with elite unit unlocks at high levels, like Davion Heavy Guards or Atrean Hussars ...). Where is all THIS kind of stuff?

#11 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:55 PM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 10 December 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

As to re-earning, almost a given they only occur once per rank/faction. As to jumping faction, it's been said elsewhere that you lose LP with at least one enemy faction. Though they did say at one point that medallions were going to be fluff, and just a one time LP boost. (Thankful I never pulled the trigger and picked mine...)

What about rewards then? Keep what you reap or return to the sender? I know you earn the LP but if you start killing your past level 20 faction then what is to happen to what you got? That is an important question.

And yeah we need more faction nationalism so to identify specificially faction's role.

Edited by luxebo, 10 December 2014 - 03:56 PM.

#12 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 10 December 2014 - 04:10 PM

Level 21 Russ will allow you to use his Nerf hammer on one mech or weapon.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 10 December 2014 - 04:11 PM.

#13 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 04:13 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 10 December 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

Level 21 Russ will allow you to use his Nerf hammer on one mech or weapon.

Nerfing flamers in 3... 2... 1... DONE! :lol:

#14 Candun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 124 posts
  • Locationpotland oilgon

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:40 PM

when do these rewards take affect ? im lvl 8 davion and have recieved nothing

#15 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:42 PM

View PostCandun, on 22 January 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

when do these rewards take affect ? im lvl 8 davion and have recieved nothing

you should be getting c-bill rewards

#16 Candun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 124 posts
  • Locationpotland oilgon

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:51 PM

what about the rest of the rewards ,cbills is all ive recieved

#17 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:50 PM

View PostMalleus011, on 10 December 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

MC, GXP, and Mech Bays are nice, but don't feel much like 'faction' rewards. Those are a wash.
Ranks are ranks, except a number of them are mis-spelled, and Davion is a 'Leftenant' not a Lieutenant.

Biggest gripe - where are the faction specific rewards? These are trash cockpit items which have little or no faction association.

I could see a banner or faction cockpit item as a low level reward. But there should be faction color unlocks. Faction decal unlocks. Faction unit paint scheme unlocks (common units first, like Robinson Rangers or Galedon Regulars, with elite unit unlocks at high levels, like Davion Heavy Guards or Atrean Hussars ...). Where is all THIS kind of stuff?

I believe these were only the 'basic' rewards list creating as a first pass after the initial creation of the CW ranks and rewards. They were talking about adding in things like faction specific mechs and stuff at some point once they coded in the process to allow them to do it.

#18 Bartholomew bartholomew

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:58 PM

View PostMalleus011, on 10 December 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

So this. But I bet they will give us the other. easier and on the cheap is still the current M.O.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users