Community Warfare Has Dropped!

275 replies to this topic

#201 Peter von Schleier

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:59 PM

so what is a planet all can defend against clans?

#202 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:00 PM

OMG, anyone else getting single digit FPS during the CW ODG base fight? Holy crap, I cant even play it really....

Managed a win, 3 kills and 636dmg, but still....ouch.....I could easily double that score with decent FPS.....

#203 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:00 PM

Can't seem to start any CW matches, nor pick a faction since not the leader of the group I'm in. Is there no way to do this if you're already in a unit?

#204 Shin Ken

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 73 posts
  • LocationLower Saxony, Germany

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:01 PM

What's the right tactic at the beginning as defender? peek over the wall and try to get something done or better just wait for the enemy?

#205 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,096 posts

wow that frigging awesome!

even on defence with other Soloist we still won!

#206 Topper01

Rookie

• 6 posts

wow...30min of nice CW gameplay...totally flashed - this game rocks

#207 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

I'm going to try joining the attack on Zion, which seems to be in progress right now. Any other Davions join that attack until a Clanner let's us know about an attack they're making elsewhere.

#208 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:04 PM

they need to find a way to let solo people attack other wise nothng is going to happen.

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 11 December 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

I'm going to try joining the attack on Zion, which seems to be in progress right now. Any other Davions join that attack until a Clanner let's us know about an attack they're making elsewhere.

did we just fight you? Awesome good time!

#209 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:04 PM

OK, so when I look at my Clan Ghost Bear Loyalty stuff, it tells me I need to get x amount of loyalty points for House Davion.... just a heads up on a minor glitch

#210 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:05 PM

View PostShin Ken, on 11 December 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

What's the right tactic at the beginning as defender? peek over the wall and try to get something done or better just wait for the enemy?

My (limited) experience suggests that you want to do some peeking to figure out where they're attacking, then do a bit of pop-tarting as the opportunity arises. Once the gate opens, form enfilade (firing lines to either side that are angled to avoid hitting each other while forcing the enemy to turn away from one side to engage the other) and it turns into a turkey shoot.

Be sure to watch for the enemy trying to open the other gates, and send limited forces to respond unless they go for a full redirect.

Also, the flank gates seem to have elevated defense platforms, while the center does not.

Once the gates go down, you can try holding them, but if you start getting overwhelmed you'll want to do a coordinated central reserve to protect the gun.

Edit: this is the caustic one; boreal dynamics might be very different.

Edited by Levi Porphyrogenitus, 11 December 2014 - 03:08 PM.

#211 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

View PostBigbacon, on 11 December 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

they need to find a way to let solo people attack other wise nothng is going to happen.

It'd be nice if people already in a unit could pick a planet or faction. Seem to be stuck at that point til the bossman decides to log on.

#212 Zensei

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 605 posts

So Zeece is a PGI employee? isnt he/she/it a moderator at OutreachHPG as well?

Just asking, in no way a provoking question, just a question, again just a question.

#213 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts

View PostBigbacon, on 11 December 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

I think you did, and yes it was.

Were you guys a 12-man? Or an accumulation of randoms?

#214 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:06 PM

View PostGhost Badger, on 11 December 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

I felt a great disturbance in the server, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in surprise, and were suddenly crying. I fear something awesome has happened.

Finally. Been waiting...sooooooooo looooonng....lol

#215 Codestar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 132 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:06 PM

Ok just had a proper game pugs against a group of 8 and 4. Got slaughtered 48-16. It doesn't work. The drops are out of sync so once there have been the first few kills its just a stream of 2's and 3's running down the channel whilst a group of 12 sits behind the gates and picks you off one by one. There is no cover when attacking the gates. I thought we were supposed to be defending (Why were we outside the gates?). Without comms and coordination this can never work for pugs. Might as well play 4 12v12 skirmish matches. Overall earnings for 40mins of my life was only 150000 and I think I spent more than that on uav and airstrikes (40000x8) == 320000 and no loyalty points earned for the loss. So after one proper game of CW I'm going back to skirmish if there is anyone still playing that on the pug queue. For pugs this does not work. Comms are essential to play.

Eject takes too long. Trying to eject when you know your are done for. Unsuccessful every time.

Codestar.

#216 Seraphic Law

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:07 PM

Are we only able to join the inner sphere factions at this time and not the Clans?

#217 RavensScar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:10 PM

View PostCodestar, on 11 December 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

Eject takes too long. Trying to eject when you know your are done for. Unsuccessful every time.

Actually, that's the point. Eject is only there so you can ditch a crippled mech (ie. legged, no weapons.) It's not meant to stop the other team from getting a kill.

#218 therealswilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 139 posts
  • LocationNot Tellin' ya foo's

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:13 PM

This is actually a topical thing.

Anyone else tired of the dubstep being used? I mean, I know they want their own flavor but I don't think it'd be difficult since a guy named Timothy Seals remade a few of the MW2 soundtracks and is making an entire cover album of Mechwarrior Music.

I'm just curious, if this guy can make things sound up to date, why do we get dupstep that doesn't fit?

#219 Codestar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 132 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

View PostRavensScar, on 11 December 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

Actually, that's the point. Eject is only there so you can ditch a crippled mech (ie. legged, no weapons.) It's not meant to stop the other team from getting a kill.

I just wanted to see what it did! Never managed to activate it before my mech died.

#220 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

View PostCodestar, on 11 December 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

Ok just had a proper game pugs against a group of 8 and 4. Got slaughtered 48-16. It doesn't work. The drops are out of sync so once there have been the first few kills its just a stream of 2's and 3's running down the channel whilst a group of 12 sits behind the gates and picks you off one by one. There is no cover when attacking the gates. I thought we were supposed to be defending (Why were we outside the gates?). Without comms and coordination this can never work for pugs. Might as well play 4 12v12 skirmish matches. Overall earnings for 40mins of my life was only 150000 and I think I spent more than that on uav and airstrikes (40000x8) == 320000 and no loyalty points earned for the loss. So after one proper game of CW I'm going back to skirmish if there is anyone still playing that on the pug queue. For pugs this does not work. Comms are essential to play.

Codestar.

Wait for a following drop to join you in the shadow of the drop-zone for protection then move out en mass... Strength in numbers etc..etc..

75 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 75 guests, 0 anonymous users