Ok, Did Any Solo Player Had A Drop On Cw?i Am Currentl

114 replies to this topic

#101 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:23 PM

Had a 30 minute wait followed by a cancel for my first game, but my next four all filled within ~5 minutes tops, all on the same planet. Seems like sticking to hotspots is the best plan.

#102 SecretMantis

• PipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:26 PM

also, the game was a complete stomp, with my team losing horribly. Plus my dropdeck bugged out and I was put in stock trial mechs. yeah....

#103 hYlAnDeR

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 47 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:31 PM

A great 1 1/2 hrs of wasted time. Could not launch into either attack or defend. I did get caught up my forum reading however :)

#104 Motionless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 450 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:35 PM

View Postaniviron, on 11 December 2014 - 10:23 PM, said:

Had a 30 minute wait followed by a cancel for my first game, but my next four all filled within ~5 minutes tops, all on the same planet. Seems like sticking to hotspots is the best plan.

What are the hotspots now?

#105 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:37 PM

View PostMotionless, on 11 December 2014 - 10:35 PM, said:

What are the hotspots now?

I was playing on Verduranti, FFR/Wolf border.

#106 Succubusy

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:42 PM

Takes about 30-45 minutes to find a match.

#107 DragonCaesar

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:47 PM

Just clicked a popup....been waiting over 6 minutes.

Edited by Cthulhunicron, 11 December 2014 - 10:47 PM.

#108 Mazikar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 400 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:57 PM

View PostSuccubusy, on 11 December 2014 - 10:42 PM, said:

Takes about 30-45 minutes to find a match.

yeah... not cool

would love to participate but still running into the primary problem with this game... lack of chat rooms, faction chat, game general, anything, clicking on a planet with no idea how many people are waiting is... ********.

#109 Arcturious

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 785 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:03 PM

Clicked on a popup saying 'join attack'. Waited about 15 mins, booted from the queue and then told we lost? Now in queue again at about 20 minutes after clicking on a 'defend' popup.

So far about 35-40 minutes spent in queue with zero indication on if you will ever get in. You can't see if anyone else is queuing, you can't see if you're wasting your time or if you should stick with it.

So far an extreme let down for such an anticipated feature.

Edited by Arcturious, 11 December 2014 - 11:03 PM.

#110 hYlAnDeR

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 47 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:08 PM

LoL. As soon as I finished typing my last post on this thread above, I kid you not, I actually launched into my first campaign. Incredible! , Not sure it had the same impact as waiting 1 1/2 hrs for my first ride on Space Mountain at Disneyland, but it was pretty fun nonetheless.

Edited by hYlAnDeR, 11 December 2014 - 11:12 PM.

#111 Lammy001

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:13 PM

Just had 2 defense drops. Clicked on the little pop-ups and was in one in 5 minutes or so. This mode is still very new. Not everyone has had a chance to get into it yet. Should be going by this weekend.

#112 Mazikar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 400 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:14 PM

Got my first match! No defenders.... 35 min I waited............ for a free win and almost no exp or cash, oh joy.

#113 Naginata

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:29 AM

It would be realy good if you could see how many Players are currently queued up.
If only two spots are free you don´t need to Queue up if you are in a 5 man Group.

We were not able to get any drop in groupsizes from 2 to 5 yet.
No matter if Attackers or Defenders are needed.

I for myself only manged to find 3 Drops on solo droping.

Also, that you cannot create Groups out of different Units .... I would like that.

So I think some improvement has to be made ...

At least it is still BETA ...

But it rocks ;-)

Cheers,

Nagi

#114 AntleredCormorant

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:59 AM

I was able to get in one round on Boreal last night.

I dropped in an SDR-5D because I thought the maps were supposed to be huge, so a scout early on would be important. Well, it wasn't at all, partly because we were fully engaged in <2 minutes and partly because nobody in the large premade I got assigned to drop with felt like bringing LRM's to the fight.

Instead, by the time I got to the gates BOTH generators were already taking heavy fire. My SDR runs about 137kph, so in other words the attackers were able to fire on these objectives almost immediately. I'm not sure why the engineers would build a wall to protect something and then place that something on top of the wall, but I'm just a dumb mech driver.

Of course the attackers weren't on top of any wall, so without LOS I started up a narrow pass to get my TAG on someone for the LRM's I assumed would give them something to worry about other than blasting away at our bass-ackwards base defenses. As I reached my vantage point, however, I realized that the map borders are very narrow and I was already out of bounds. This isn't enforced yet for some reason, but I didn't want to get in the habit of using an off-limits perch on the map.

By the time I got back down, which wasn't long in a JJ-equipped scout mech, both gates were destroyed. This took the attackers all of about 3-4 minutes from the start of the round. At this point I probably should've ejected for a heavier mech, but we were getting run through so quickly that I didn't bother. Match was over in ~15m & I doubt many of the attackers even used their 3rd reinforcement.

Edited by AntleredCormorant, 12 December 2014 - 04:01 AM.

#115 Naginata

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:34 AM

Seriously ????

We now spend 2 hours in queueing without getting any drop.
The popup says that Attackers / Defenders are needed , but we hit trash, Nil, zip, nada.

So currently it seems CW is only for Groups that get 12 Players together like always.

First Impression of CW : Not good

And where is the "COMMUNITY" if I am not able to Group up with other Kurita Units??

Just my 2 cents

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users