29 replies to this topic

#1 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:04 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,

We'll be sending out a very small hot fix at 9PM PST / 5AM UTC tonight to resolve an issue where Attacker wins were able to exceed more than 11 wins. This fix should have no affect on server status.

Just wanted to give everyone a head's up!

Now that that's over with...how goes your first day with Community Warfare?! We know, it's a little rocky here and there, but more fixes are coming!

#2 OnLashoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,093 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:05 PM

Defenders have it too easy.

#3 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:07 PM

So far we do have some bugs to swash.

I'm constantly crashing out of game on the initial drop.
FPS is way down in battle (its not like there are any more mechs per se in battle).
Lag is pretty harsh right now in game.

That being said, it is Beta. And its bloody well AWESOME!!!!!!!!

-ST

#4 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:09 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 11 December 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

how goes your first day with Community Warfare?! We know, it's a little rocky here and there, but more fixes are coming!

Constantly getting dumped to desktop due to the good ole memory allocation error

Edited by Verapamil, 11 December 2014 - 08:09 PM.

#5 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:15 PM

View PostVerapamil, on 11 December 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

Constantly getting dumped to desktop due to the good ole memory allocation error

Can you send off a DirectX Diagnostic to support@mwomercs.com?

How to obtain and attach a DxDiag:
Spoiler

#6 Wolfwood592

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 505 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:16 PM

Other than the extremely low frame rates, I think its crazy fun!

I am assuming the Hitreg issues probably are linked to the fps decrease?

Overall great job though!

#7 Alekzander Smirnoff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 427 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:51 PM

I've taken a massive FPS hit in the CW maps but otherwise performance remains the same in the regular modes. I average around 12-20 on the new maps and 40-60 on regular maps. I'll be glad when you all and nvidia get the SLI support sorted, then I can put my other GPU to use to boost those up. As it is, I've had to force my SLI mode to single GPU.

Now, OT, HOLY CRAP I LOVE THIS! IGP going under was the best thing EVER! Now I'm really happy I threw more money at you all for the resistance pack!

#8 Alex Warden Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSearching...

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:51 PM

View PostWolfwood592, on 11 December 2014 - 08:16 PM, said:

Other than the extremely low frame rates, I think its crazy fun!

I am assuming the Hitreg issues probably are linked to the fps decrease?

Overall great job though!

requote because my words would be the same :) you sneaky little.... we were almost p**** because your "hotfix" ruined our unit practice day xD

#9 GernMiester

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 169 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:27 PM

I don't pull punches and I tell it like it is even if you cant handle it. I say what everyone is thinking but they are too much of a coward to say it themselves.

Beta CW:

Its awful.
Wait times are too long
Tons of lag
Matches with NO ENEMY mechs. Yeah no enemy to fight, just walk in and boom no more defense gun in 2-3 minutes.
Invisible walls block shots when you have a clear line of sight.
Get stuck on pebbles and go from 150 to 0 in 0 meters. Stop, look around, and see a ankle high rock that acts like a 500 ton 50 meter high boulder when you go near it.
Same map over and over. Only 3 maps. 100's maybe a 1000 worlds and they all have the exact same maps. They get old after the 1st match since they are pretty bad.

OT:
I heard it costs 250k for a map. Funny how the best maps I have ever payed were designed for FREE by players who got only a pat on the back and their name out there. Google Crysis maps and see for yourself. Some of the maps blow the original maps out of the water. A near unlimited amount of maps to choose from and test = cost of releasing a map creation tool whatever you want to call it. Bad maps would never make it past PGI's testing so there is no balance issue.

I bet PGI could look at a map and know if it is worth trying out in an hour, heck the PGI map maker people can probably tell in under 5 minutes if its viable. I am sure a player can make a better map than anyone could of hoped for, Just look at every game that had player maps created for it and you will see better maps made by community than what was made by the game designers.

But is beta and that's what beta is about. Play, feedback and fix and fix and fix.
Truth is hard to swallow sometimes.

#10 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:48 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,

We'll be sending out a very small hot fix at 9PM PST / 5AM UTC tonight to resolve an issue where Attacker wins were able to exceed more than 11 wins. This fix should have no affect on server status.

Just wanted to give everyone a head's up!

Now that that's over with...how goes your first day with Community Warfare?! We know, it's a little rocky here and there, but more fixes are coming!

Love it so far, but the biggest issue I have is the ambiguity about queues for attacking/defending planets. Often, there will be no indication that anyone is waiting in a queue at all, when I know that is not the case.

Perhaps a count of players queued for a planet, or some indication of the timeframe that people will need to wait for before the next match?

Thus far, most matches I have participated in have gone down to the wire as far as match time goes, so would it be possible to show how long a battle has been in progress on a planet? That way, if I queue on a planet that has only kicked off a battle a few minutes prior, I won't waste 30 minutes of my life wanting for a drop that won't happen.

Gripe #2 is performance related - many players are reporting severely degrading performance as a match progresses, or poor performance as soon as their first mech hits the ground. My computer is a potato, so this affects me hugely, but your staff have already made us aware that this is being investigated, so thanks.

Overall though, even with the framerate of an old couple slideshowing their holiday photos, the matches i've fought in have been TREMENDOUSLY exciting, and seeing movement on the sphere map, and the excitement in the forums, is awesome.

Edit: THIS PROBABLY ISN'T THE PLACE FOR THIS, but Alexander, do you think we could get faction Sub-Forums added to the CW page? There have been a lot of faction specific posts trying to organize fights, discuss wins/losses etc - IMHO, it would be nice to have these in the one spot.

Edited by Kiiyor, 11 December 2014 - 09:58 PM.

#11 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:28 PM

Really feels like a breath of fresh air.

- Tactics other than deathballing actually have their place. For example, we won a match on the snow map by having our heavies and assaults push hard one side while the lights and mediums flanked around and killed the objective.
- Games are slower and more deliberate, yet feel fast paced.
- Nobody seems to care whether it's a win or a loss. Everybody on both sides seem to enjoy the match.
- Feels like we actually have an objective and purpose to playing.

Unfortunately, it feels very much like the beta that it is. Lots of graphic glitches, frame rate slowdowns, sound occasionally popping in/out, hitreg issues, etc.

On the plus side, that's why it's listed as a beta. I'm sure you guys will work on fixing the more serious issues asap, so no problems there.

Can't wait to see what the fully polished version will eventually look like!

#12 Alex Warden Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSearching...

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:59 PM

View PostAresye, on 11 December 2014 - 10:28 PM, said:

Really feels like a breath of fresh air.

- Tactics other than deathballing actually have their place. For example, we won a match on the snow map by having our heavies and assaults push hard one side while the lights and mediums flanked around and killed the objective.
- Games are slower and more deliberate, yet feel fast paced.
- Nobody seems to care whether it's a win or a loss. Everybody on both sides seem to enjoy the match.
- Feels like we actually have an objective and purpose to playing.

Unfortunately, it feels very much like the beta that it is. Lots of graphic glitches, frame rate slowdowns, sound occasionally popping in/out, hitreg issues, etc.

On the plus side, that's why it's listed as a beta. I'm sure you guys will work on fixing the more serious issues asap, so no problems there.

Can't wait to see what the fully polished version will eventually look like!

exactly, it´s great but needs alot of work...but the foundation is really nice, i enjoyed it very much...

and the best part: mostly PuG matches, but we were actually COMMUNIcating...i mean, for real... it´s possible, even in MWO...who would have thought...

SEYLA!

#13 YokiLin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 154 posts
  • LocationCa, USA

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:19 PM

What is the penalty for breaking a contract? I got a 14 day contract with FRR but it turned out that there was so little people in the faction that faction matches rarely happen. So I want to change loyalties.

#14 Alex Warden Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSearching...

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:24 PM

if you break contract, you´ll just lose all so far earned LP ...that early it´ll be no issue i guess

edit: hey Teddies, 1 less enemy standing between you and the dominion :D

Edited by Alex Warden Wolf, 11 December 2014 - 11:25 PM.

#15 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:36 PM

i spent 20 minutes waiting and NOTHING. in stead of playing i wait
this needs INSTRUCTIONS!

#16 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:37 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 11 December 2014 - 08:15 PM, said:

Can you send off a DirectX Diagnostic to support@mwomercs.com?

How to obtain and attach a DxDiag:
Spoiler

i didnt see this till just now. After looking at the forums, i found a post from 2013 in this, and i reduced the textures slider in graphics setting like was suggested then, and its fixed the issue so far

#17 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:32 AM

I'm really finding it hard to play with this enormous ***** constantly getting in the way.

#18 DecoyTheDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 135 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:35 AM

I wouldn't know if that stuff would fix anything. I never saw an enemy at all last night.

#19 Jdude1

• Pip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:44 AM

I love it so far. 228th's representing Kurita for now and having a blast.

That said the thought's on indicators for who's forming up on what planets would be nice.

Also, I'd like to see a map on the website that get's updated with the current positions whenever the battle breaks happen. I might be more likely to log on if I see that my house is falling behind.

#20 Docta Dakka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:34 AM

super fun! just wish the lobby didn't look broken with no pilots populating the team list while waiting in CW lobby.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users