Minor Cw Hot Fix Inbound At 9Pm Pst / 5Am Utc

110 replies to this topic

#81 Chilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 146 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:36 AM

All bugs aside, it is a blast!! We ran into a few of the things already mentioned above last night, but it was still a great time! Thanks very much for the early release and keep up the great work!

#82 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:43 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 11 December 2014 - 08:05 PM, said:

Now that that's over with...how goes your first day with Community Warfare?! We know, it's a little rocky here and there, but more fixes are coming!

Got in two games last night.. it was remarkably working.. of course some bugs.

One defensive win and an attack loss

Some feedback:

Dropships... it is really nasty they coat you automatically with long range laser fire; maybe decrease the auto response to medlaser ranges.. or llaser fire if one is engaging dropping mechs. When we were pushing in, it was rather annoying that my med/light mech ended up looking fairly bad because new mechs were dropping in and I was speeding just a little too close, when I wasn't even close to engaging.

I am slightly worried about balance, since it will gravitate that units (most likely the working formula is full 12 man) in comms will be doing attacks and pugs will be pulled to defend. Defender advantage might actually not exists at all.. propably opposite, at least some seem to indicating that.

As a side note, I have not seen these FPS losses at all..

But the hit registration has been in the toilet for quite some time already...

EDIT: Oh one addtional thing, the calls to defend/attack, they could be visible a little longer time. Additionally haven't seen two pop up at the same time, but I hope they display appropiately.

Edited by Haakon Magnusson, 12 December 2014 - 05:47 AM.

#83 Crimson Angel

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:25 AM

Sees that CW has arrived:

Posted Image

#84 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:27 AM

random question, why are some planets occupied by a unit and what does occupying a planet do for the unit?

#85 Oni74

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:31 AM

Tried 3 times:
1st match - got in, opposing team failed to show up, however.
2nd attempt - waited 5+ minutes and gave up
3rd attempt - waited 5+ minutes and gave up

Looks promising, but a lot of work is still needed to improve the user experience. I'll try again this weekend when more players are around with hopes that it'll reduce the wait times. Waiting 5+ minutes just to get into a drop is unacceptable.

We really need a better way of getting into CW matches. Something with faster join times, better information on who is already in the lobby waiting for more players, etc.

#86 MechWarrior4172571

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:49 AM

View PostDaehoth, on 12 December 2014 - 05:09 AM, said:

I've managed to play 2 CW games. After that, I just seem to sit and wait in the CW lobby without anyone showing up. Same story when I choose different planets to help Defend/Attack.

Is there something I'm missing? Not enough players interested in CW games? Or is anyone else having difficulty getting CW matches?

Maybe the majority of people that could be playing are trying to figure out how to get their frame rates up? I am sure a lot of loss of people is due to that fact. If nothing changes then things would not improve.. trust me on this one. This game can't sustain this type of a massive multiplayer scale without good performing (read: optimized) engine--hard core fans isn't enough to float this boat if it wants to shoot too. Massive amounts of people = quick drop in. Long drop in times = people are trying to figure what other games play better then MWO.. not to sound disenfranchised here.. just saying.

#87 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:03 AM

I didn't get to try it. Had to wait for one of our Unit commanders to get online to pickup a contract. Then we couldn't get into a game. It does look like it'll be fun though. (hmm...my Enter key doesn't bump the cursor down. :huh: Oh well.) On the Public game side of things I did notice a new problem. Every 5 games or so about 5 people on each team would have a 0 ping...usually they would not connect. Turns out that their games were crashing as the map loaded...or sometimes right after the match started. Happened to me twice last night. But it was always early and people could restart and reconnect. Also...and I'm not sure if this was due to the patch...the amount of nubies in the PUG matches was a lot more than I have seen in a long time. Was odd...and hard to watch. :wacko:

#88 Redinator

• PipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 62 posts
  • LocationRealm Of The Bloody Hangar

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:19 AM

The CW is very interesting and fun. IS vs Clan matches are really hard.

My problems:
- My equipped hanging cockpit items don't show up in the cockpits, in all my mechs (Testing grounds, PuG games and CW).
- The cockpits are flashing and disappearing during CW games.
- Was stuck on terrain, but only 1 time on the warm map.
- FPS drops

Beside of that it's great to play CW so early, thx B)

#89 Xenru

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:20 AM

CW would be fun if you didnt have to wait for over an Hour right now for a place which the GAME itself tells you NEEDS DEFENDING....

clearly not since NO one is even there....

Still cant wait and i do hope they sort out the UI so its easier to drop with friends in a dropship. (needs to be more Intuitive IMO)

#90 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:30 AM

View PostOnij74, on 12 December 2014 - 06:31 AM, said:

Tried 3 times:
1st match - got in, opposing team failed to show up, however.
2nd attempt - waited 5+ minutes and gave up
3rd attempt - waited 5+ minutes and gave up

Looks promising, but a lot of work is still needed to improve the user experience. I'll try again this weekend when more players are around with hopes that it'll reduce the wait times. Waiting 5+ minutes just to get into a drop is unacceptable.

We really need a better way of getting into CW matches. Something with faster join times, better information on who is already in the lobby waiting for more players, etc.

You're leaving the lobby too soon. I waited as a solo player for over 30 minutes last night twice. Played 4 matches and one of them I waited less than 1 minute. People jumping in and out of the Lobby is contributing to the long wait time issues. Not blaming the player base at all as there is nothing to indicate where you are in the queue.

I suggest adding a counter of some sort to the lobby to show where a solo player or less than 12 group are in the queue. It will help with some of the player frustration and giving up and leaving the queue.

Jody

#91 Tarzilman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationRim Territories

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:41 AM

A suggestion regarding waiting time.
The waiting time alone wouldn't be so annoying if you knew, you're on the right planet with many players fighting for.
That said it would be great to see, where the hottest battles with many players are. There're some blinking animations around the planets at the CW map. But there should be another indication for well visited planets, similar to Planetside.
Let the area around those planets blink or just add some sweet little explosions to those "hot spots".

Edited by Tarzilman, 12 December 2014 - 07:42 AM.

#92 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:43 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 11 December 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

Bug to investgate. I accepted a cotract to defend Apollo. When th match started, my team ended up being the attacker. What's up whith that?

OK, figured out what was going on.

Counter Attack match. Even though Steiner still held the planet, there will be some back and forth Attack, Defend for both the attacker and defender.

So, you might be defending the planet from invasion, but attacking an insurgent stronghold.

Jody

#93 On1m

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:52 AM

Really bad frame rate and hit registration issues. I normally play at about 30-40 fps on medium settings. The new game mode drops me to less than 20 about a minute into the match and then into the single digits once people start dying and their mechs start smoking. Even turning the video settings to low had no effect on my fps. This may also be causing my hit registration issues as it's pretty hard to hit a moving target at 8 fps.

#94 GermanPartisan

• PipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:15 AM

Well, my first day ....

First of all, its really exciting new stuff and I like the general direction A LOT. That said I encountered several problems right away. As a IS player (which comes with my unit) you have to encounter a rather grim situation here.

There are a several factors that accumulate.

You have to drop against the clans ( I know ...duh) which creates several problems:

1) the better ingame units (LORDS, SJR, RJF, STS, WDMC ) are currently playing for the clans, and by better I mean ...generally.... dominating.

2) their mechs are ever so slightly better, not in general, not every chassis and configuration but over all they have at least an edge over IS mechs (even with quirks) - especially in kind of an standoff situation the dropship mode is for the better part of the game (i.e. longe range, with harder hitting weapons )

3) the defender has an edge - imho - because you have to get through chokepoints and coordinate your attacks from several sides, so even a team ( defending) that is not tha coordinated stands a chance, because you HAVE to attack them and the usually have superior firing-lines and arcs.

Now - if you encounter defending clans - which for me at least most of the time seem to be the aforementioned units - they have ALL the advantages on their side - which usually ends in a grinding slaughter

A general problem I encountered is the win-condition - I had it that the attackers ( clans ) just rushed the cannon after destroying the gates and chained artys on it .... it was over in no time.

the long wait-times are tiring, but you have to deal with it - its ok for me for now - but surely it needs a streamlined dropsystem in general you really need to have a better overview over which planet is a valuable target to defend or to attack - where are the people queueing,and where are they trying to advance - most of the time its just a guessing game - even with the messages popping up you usually end up waiting forever - and coordination isnt really possible at all outside the borders of a unit

the whole system to see contested planets - and some numbers concerning the amount of attackers and defenders with it - and where actuall frontlines are needs to be a lot more visualized - a list of planets with a tiny icon isnt going to cut it .

That said I am really enjoying the ride so far. :D

over and out
GP

Edited by GermanPartisan, 12 December 2014 - 09:50 AM.

#95 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:21 AM

A little bumpy, but still awesome. I kept dropping just as I'd connect to a drop, then I got dropped late in a drop early this morning. But all told? Lots of fun, very intense, very quick. Fun stuff.

View PostGermanPartisan, on 12 December 2014 - 08:15 AM, said:

Well, my first day ....

First of all, its really exciting new stuff and I like the general direction A LOT. That said I encountered several problems right away. As a IS player (which comes with my unit) you have to encounter a rather grim situation here.

There are a several factors that accumulate.

You have to drop against the clans ( I know ...duh) which creates several problems:

a) the better ingame units (LORDS, SJR, RJF, STS, WDMC ) are currently playing for the clans, and by better I mean ...generally.... dominating.

B) their mechs are ever so slightly better, not in general, not every chassis and configuration but over all they have at least an edge over IS mechs (even with quirks) - especially in kind of an standoff situation the dropship mode is for the better part of the game (i.e. longe range, with harder hitting weapons )

c) the defender has an edge - imho - because you have to get through chokepoints and coordinate your attacks from several sides, so even a team ( defending) that is not tha coordinated stands a chance, because you HAVE to attack them and the usually have superior firing-lines and arcs.

Now - if you encounter defending clans - which for me at least most of the time seem to be the aforementioned units - they have ALL the advantages on their side - which usually ends in a grinding slaughter

A general problem I encountered is the win-condition - I had it that the attackers ( clans ) just rushed the cannon after destroying the gates and chained artys on it .... it was over in no time.

the long wait-times are tiring, but you have to deal with it - its ok for me for now - but surely it needs a streamlined dropsystem in general you really need to have a better overview over which planet is a valuable target to defnd or to attack - where are the people queueing,and where are they trying to advance - most of the time its just a guessing game - even with the messages popping up you usually end up waiting forever - and coordination isnt really possible at all outside the borders of a unit

the whole system to see contested planets - and some numbers concerning the amount of attackers and defenders with it - and where actuall frontlines arem needs to be a lot more visualized - a list of planets with a tiny icon isnt going to cut it .

That said I am really enjoying the ride so far. :D

over and out
GP

Man, had a drop last night against Ghost Bear and we slaughtered them. Maybe got lucky in the ELO on that one?

#96 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:51 AM

View PostGrendel408, on 11 December 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

So... CW is broken? Can't seem to launch a match... selected a planet... nothing happens... can't even select Mechs... umm hotfix this **** plz lol

You have to pick a planet that is contestable, they have a big red flashing light over them, the rest of the planets are safe and will give no info until they are contestable.

#97 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:00 AM

Good stuff. First match was us PUG's against a 12 man and was hard to figure out on the fly, but second match was easy to understand and a W. I was a PUG, but we were all Smoke Jaguars. (on a two week contract)

Advice of the Week: Not sure dropping a 100 tons of your 240 on an Assault is a good move because speed is a factor, especially on Attack.

I'll be interested to see what the Faction loyalty points earn. Eventually you want players and units to earn assets of value for the roleplay of it.

Worth the wait though, no major Bugs for me except the wait on the drop, but that will smooth out. Very good for an opening Beta.

Thanks and GL&GH!

#98 Henchman 24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 529 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:45 AM

View PostJesus DIED for me, on 12 December 2014 - 06:49 AM, said:

Maybe the majority of people that could be playing are trying to figure out how to get their frame rates up? I am sure a lot of loss of people is due to that fact. If nothing changes then things would not improve.. trust me on this one. This game can't sustain this type of a massive multiplayer scale without good performing (read: optimized) engine--hard core fans isn't enough to float this boat if it wants to shoot too. Massive amounts of people = quick drop in. Long drop in times = people are trying to figure what other games play better then MWO.. not to sound disenfranchised here.. just saying.

I don't even know where to start on these assumptions, but let's just end the whole "sky will fall, it takes too long, this game will die" crap now. It's a dead horse that's been beaten for at least two solid years and has yet to come true.

I agree that optimizing the engine is a huge priority, however, the fact that the game ran "fine" until this mode/maps were added suggests there is something else wrong besides rendering. The desyncs, missing cockpits, hit reg issues, and various other bugs corroborate this. This will be addressed soon as they know folks will get tired of it quickly.

Other than that, back off on the "Massive amounts of people = quick drop in." stuff, Planetside 2 and a few other games have proved this to be inaccurate.

Oh and go look up disenfranchised and it's usage please.

#99 noise gate

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 53 posts
  • LocationG2

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:21 AM

Just to clarify:
despite my butthurt post about bugs I really enjoyed invasion mode and cw. Good job PGI, keep it going!

but don't forget to fix bugs)

Edited by noise gate, 12 December 2014 - 10:21 AM.

#100 DevilCrayon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 274 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:13 AM

Currently there's a _lot_ of blind waiting, not knowing what's going on before a match starts.

Once a match starts, other than a few bugs, the matches are quite a lot of fun and the win rewards are quite nice.

The bugs I've run into:
*cockpit pop on and off on Sulfur.
*stuck on terrain in the nook by the Alpha generator on Sulfur.
*wrong House name in the details on loyalty rang achievements.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users