Wait Times For Small Groups 30+ Minutes?

6 replies to this topic

#1 TheAstroPub

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:41 PM

It seems to me that right now the hopper is so chalked full of larger full 12 man groups that smaller groups can't get in at all. At least this current version I have played 4 hours looking to get into a match and have only played 1 with a group of 3-4 of my friends. Is this the case for others? Are all groups regardless of size getting 20-30 minute wait times for matches?

I'm really turned off of community warfare at the moment and I hope this will change. If I have to join a large merc group to be able to have reasonable wait times it will probably turn me off the game for good. I know it is the first pass and all but god damn 4 hour wait times is kind of bonkers.

Edited by Bzerker01, 11 December 2014 - 11:27 PM.

#2 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:43 PM

well, the non CW group queue was having some great matches tonight :lol:

#3 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:44 PM

Actually I'd say that it's not for bad groups. A 12 man can easily get wrecked by a much better 4 man so small groups are viable.

#4 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:03 PM

Looking for Group channel per faction, plz.

#5 TheAstroPub

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:24 PM

View PostTheSilkenPimp, on 11 December 2014 - 10:44 PM, said:

Actually I'd say that it's not for bad groups. A 12 man can easily get wrecked by a much better 4 man so small groups are viable.

You didn't read the post did you? Of the matches my group is 1 for 1, I just finally got one match, 2 matches in 5 hours. The win was against a 12 man and the loss was a 12 man. My point was that I can't even get into a game and I think it has to do with the sheer number of 12 man groups in the hopper so there aren't many slots open for lances to drop in. I don't play hardcore 24/7 live breath MWO and I'd rather not be forced to play with these large groups in order to even play CW. Seeing as CW is a big reason I am interested in MWO it makes me less likely to play in the future if I can't play that game mode with out waiting 30+ minutes for a single game.

Though with the invasion maps if you have a 12 man you have an advantage unless you drop with competent groups. A lance of competent players with vs a competent 12 man the 12 man will win every time. I have heard your argument before but that assumes you have a competent team of randoms vs a horrible 12 man which generally is rare. Most likely you have a bunch of horrible randoms, maybe one competent to good lance and a decent 12 man. With that 12 man drops have a huge advantage because of communication and cooperation.

Its like pitting an amateur football team against a random gaggle of people, Sure the randoms might win, but they don't have the practice or cohesiveness that the amateur team does. It is generally unfair and I would hope change in the future to make things more even with these battles. However with the numbers the game has I know they want to decrease wait times and the best way to do that is to drop any barriers that might be separating players from matching up.

Edited by Bzerker01, 11 December 2014 - 11:25 PM.

#6 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:26 PM

The thing is I think defending is possible and easier with smaller groups or Solo. It's the attacking force that needs alot of coordination.

#7 TheAstroPub

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:31 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 11 December 2014 - 11:26 PM, said:

The thing is I think defending is possible and easier with smaller groups or Solo. It's the attacking force that needs alot of coordination.

Oh I agree with that entirely, 1 of the 2 games I played was on defense and was a hard fought victory. However I was more referencing the wait time issue, at least for me it seems like the larger groups are so clogging the hoppers that the small solo and lance groups are taking 20-30 minutes to find 1 game. This may be a bug or something else entirely but it sours the experience when you wait hours in a que to find 1 match.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users