Cw Doa?

22 replies to this topic

#21 Catho Sharn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 137 posts
  • LocationAmerica's Crossroads!

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:48 AM

I spent about 2 1/2 hours last night staring at a queue screen. The complete lack of feedback as to matchmaker progress, other people waiting, or heck, even the ability to chat with anyone waiting in the same planet queue, means I won't be wasting much more time in CW.

Posted Image

#22 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:49 AM

View PostNeoCodex, on 12 December 2014 - 05:38 AM, said:

It's not the problem that it's not for casuals. You have a number of very skilled players that play the game a lot but just don't do group drops because they don't have a group to drop with in the first place.

This is what truly sucks, decent players without a big unit can not make a group of skilled palyers unless they are the same unit.

Edited by Lily from animove, 12 December 2014 - 06:14 AM.

#23 Dagadegatto

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 95 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:48 AM

View PostBlackPhoenix01, on 12 December 2014 - 05:25 AM, said:

I spent 2 hours last night trying to get a single CW drop in and im coming up on hour two this morning. With a 12 man, with smaller groups, and by myself. I have YET to actually play a friggn match. I have spent far to much time staring at the clock counting up. Something has to get fixed with that guys... It takes a lot to get my upset - this has me upset.

View PostSiegegun, on 12 December 2014 - 05:32 AM, said:

I am a casual player and I did just fine both with my unit and solo. Only real issues is the fps drop for some people (for some reason my fps is generally fine), and the long wait times. Out of the eight matches I played only one had no defenders.

View PostNeoCodex, on 12 December 2014 - 05:38 AM, said:

I do not consider myself as a casual player by any stretch... of the imagination, but sometimes I'd just want to drop "casually" and participate in CW too, without spending 1 hour in search and preparation for a group and waiting for a game.

It's day one of this feature release and these kind of issues are not surprising. The very different experiences that people are reporting point to this being a design issue. Either the process needs to be more automated (auto-selecting which planet you will drop to) or some form of communication tools need to be implemented to allow player coordination. I hope this will be hot-fixed ASAP. Such long wait times while understandable are also unacceptable.

That said this is all very exiting and I hope the devs are flexible enough to address the found issues in the correct order. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users