6 replies to this topic

#1 CarnageINC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 216 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:19 PM

Is it just my dumb ass or did PGI not put out any easily to find information on how CW works? I have looked on patch notes, and the 4 pinned threads on CW forum and can not find how exactly CW works.

I can not find any instruction PDF or manual that tells units what they can and can not do. What to expect and any rules and regulations that units must follow. Does PGI expect us to learn by trial and error or hunt and find info in a dozen threads to figure out the do's or don'ts?

Please tell me I'm wrong and PGI has a clearly and concise CW manual for public use that is an area all can find easily?!?

Edited by CarnageINC, 12 December 2014 - 02:22 PM.

#2 Hazyblue

Rookie

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCharlottesville VA USA

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:45 PM

I agree 100%
I have also read all patch notes and I can not even get into a freakin game. I am about out of patience...
this is supposed to be fun ? ? ?

#3 Xythius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 343 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:49 PM

Best bet at this point is to wait for the pop-up indicators that flash periodically telling you that a planet needs attackers/defenders. You can click on that & it will take you to a screen where you can make/change your drop deck & then select attack/defend.

It is a bit clunky, hopefully they will address this soon.

#4 Delta99

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:22 PM

View PostXythius, on 12 December 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

Best bet at this point is to wait for the pop-up indicators that flash periodically telling you that a planet needs attackers/defenders. You can click on that & it will take you to a screen where you can make/change your drop deck & then select attack/defend.

It is a bit clunky, hopefully they will address this soon.

Even this doesn't work well. I thought hey, this will get me into a game quick but its just sitting there with nothing happening for over 8 mins now.

#5 Xythius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 343 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:26 PM

View PostDelta99, on 12 December 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:

Even this doesn't work well. I thought hey, this will get me into a game quick but its just sitting there with nothing happening for over 8 mins now.

I didn't say it was a sure thing. I said 'best bet'. I sat i queue for 15 mins earlier after clicking a pop-up. But it's the only way I was able to participate.

#6 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:42 PM

There should be a comprehensive FAQ sticky that breaks everything down. All this information we've been given over the last several months should be consolidated and compiled into an easy to read and understand thread here. I guess normally that would be the job of a Community Manager but since we lack one of those, maybe the community can do it for now?

For now, just ask questions. There are plenty of people around who will help you out with what they know and if they don't know, someone else probably does.

#7 CarnageINC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 216 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:36 PM

So I'm not wrong, PGI does not have any concise information about CW put out. Somehow doesn't not surprise me. I'm starting to agree with others on the forum that PGI put this out to 'meet' a deadline and they have not truly thought all of these things out. *surprising! /sarcasm

I disagree Moonlander, its not the communities job...its PGI's. They created this game, they should be the ones to make a FAQ or a pinned thread with the overall manual for reference for new units/players.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users