• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:02 PM

View Postmania3c, on 12 December 2014 - 08:30 PM, said:

Arma has tons of tactical possibilities..

So does Mechwarrior... though people seem absolutely blind to it.

#42 mania3c

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 466 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:34 PM

View PostFlash Frame, on 12 December 2014 - 09:02 PM, said:

So does Mechwarrior... though people seem absolutely blind to it.

like what?.I am seriously asking what tactical possibilities MWO has ..especially in CW..

#43 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:56 PM

I've been in a number of successful attacks today, I don't feel the turrets are too strong at all. What you need is good team coordination. I've seen several ways of attacking work too, both going for kills and rushing the base.

Here's the thing, attacking teams are more often large organised groups since they are the ones who can initiate attacks, defending teams are more often solo players and small groups. The defenders need to have a significant boost from defences if the attacking premades aren't gonna roll them every time, defending pugs need to have a chance otherwise there won't be enough players spontanously defending planets.

I'm sure it can get better in a number of ways but the balance is actually quite good. I'm happily surprised about that.

#44 Lulz Kev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:20 PM

Definatly needs balanced right now.

My unit is done with attacking / counter attacking as IS.

Clans + Turrents + Gates + Drop ship = Dead IS

#45 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:34 PM

PSA:
Attackers can't win
(except the ones that do win)
How many planets have been attacked and won?

#46 Lulz Kev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:38 PM

View PostSandpit, on 12 December 2014 - 10:34 PM, said:

PSA:
Attackers can't win
(except the ones that do win)
How many planets have been attacked and won?

I don't debate attackers not being able to win. It happens.

It does need balance doe.

#47 craevenwulfe

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:04 AM

As a matter of principle, all things being equal defenders -should- win.

#48 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:19 AM

View PostDTF Kev, on 12 December 2014 - 10:38 PM, said:

I don't debate attackers not being able to win. It happens.

It does need balance doe.

Huge difference in what you just said and what the thread's title says.

#49 Kirkland Langue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:28 AM

Just going to throw this out there - but I wonder if 48 arty strikes kills the base.

#50 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:25 AM

Attackers can win lol, they have been doing it the last 2 days now. I just watched a mixed group of Ghost bears win with a final dash for the gun after losing 32 mechs.....I guess winning an attack is for those who are willing to rush in, gunz blazing and fire at the gun till they drop.

#51 Karamarka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 809 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 04:11 AM

The maps are too small.

Both maps defenders spawn on Omega

Both maps are chokepoints like crazy

#52 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 13 December 2014 - 04:17 AM

View PostTop Gun Killer, on 12 December 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

Well its fair to say that i will be taking the back seat to CW till some massive improvements...
just some really really big issues i have seen so far.

1. Turrets are way way way way way way way and did i say way to strong ?

2. DropShips are way way way way way way way to strong..... Way to much range.

3. With the Bap changes ecm doesn't even help so trying to do a all out light rush isn't a option trying to brawl it out isn't a option ( just sit back and let the turrets and dropships kill everything.)
maybe if the Time went from 30mins to 45mins you can just snipe and lrm it out for 45mins. idk.

4. **** ton of lag and around 2 people every game DC and never rejoin so you are now down 8 mechs on a attack that even with a full 96 it isn't possible.

5. If i took a guess this was just thrown together just to meet the dead line and wasn't tested as a full 12 v 12..
( Because if it was the 1st match of attacking you would of seen all of these issues sad on your part )

Well that was my vent on CW ill try again in a few months well see if we get a few more Hot Fix's with these know issues . GG not close.

1)Turrets could use a Nerfing pass. Or a reduction in numbers maybe.

2) Dropships ARE very strong. It kinda comes with being 1,700 tons though.

3) I don't use Lights with ECM so no comment here.

4) Lag and abysmal frame rates have me wore out on playing after 3-4 matches. This is the one true complaint I do have.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 13 December 2014 - 04:18 AM.

#53 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 04:23 AM

How about we just WAIT and see how thing are going? Attackers have an major advantage they can use up to 4 diffrent tactics to destroy ONE cannon. Please, stop basing your opinion on PUG/incompetent unit attackers who don't even regroup before pushing let alone have some tactics in mind, thanks.

#54 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 13 December 2014 - 04:50 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 13 December 2014 - 04:23 AM, said:

How about we just WAIT and see how thing are going? Attackers have an major advantage they can use up to 4 diffrent tactics to destroy ONE cannon. Please, stop basing your opinion on PUG/incompetent unit attackers who don't even regroup before pushing let alone have some tactics in mind, thanks.

That isn't really a Major advantage when you consider the advantages the defenders have. Defenders have a decisive tonnage advantage in weapons thanks to the turrets and occasional dropship. Defenders have to come through one of 2-3 well defended bottlenecks.

Now understand I'm not complaining, I am pointing out your mistake thinking the attacker has an advantage. They don't and shouldn't. It should be hard to take a fortified defensive position.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 13 December 2014 - 04:50 AM.

#55 charov

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationLondon - UK

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:22 AM

I played like 10 games yesterday as a solo. We lost two attacks (one per map) and won the rest.

Many players were complaining about clans but they didn't realized that they played like 12 rambos instead of a team. You have to flank from another gate to divert the defenders and play as a team!

If we really need to balance the sides, PGI could reduce clans' defences. I'm not an expert of the lore, but I think that an advancing army should have less time and resources to build them, I guess.

#56 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:37 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 13 December 2014 - 04:50 AM, said:

That isn't really a Major advantage when you consider the advantages the defenders have. Defenders have a decisive tonnage advantage in weapons thanks to the turrets and occasional dropship. Defenders have to come through one of 2-3 well defended bottlenecks.

Now understand I'm not complaining, I am pointing out your mistake thinking the attacker has an advantage. They don't and shouldn't. It should be hard to take a fortified defensive position.

IMO both attackers and defenders have their pros and cons, I admit, I can be mistaken but I would prefer not to make any assumtions, simply because my experience so far is not enough, and so do yours. Each of us need to put aside their personal experience and look at the big picture before making their judgement about something, ask PGI for data about how many planets were lost/successfuly defended if you think some parts are unfair.

#57 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:45 AM

I would actually like to attack.

Instead i play 10 games of defence in a row...it gets boring.

#58 Reaper3015

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 82 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:50 AM

COMMUNITY Warfare. Please note the capitalized section. Attackers can win just as easily as defenders can IF they work together and communicate. I'm seeing the same stupid stuff in CW you see in the skirmish que. People trying to play the one man army routine.

Oh no, you got a rainbow of defenders against coordinated attackers. Well, that means two things. 1, your faction/unit isn't playing together, 2, your going to have to communicate and... here's the important part, get over yourselves and LISTEN/read the info that gets typed in, when someone puts in G7... well, odds are there is a reason. That little map in the middle bottom of your screen... it does wonders for telling you where your team is... AND where your opponents are. The whole tunnel vision "must get all the kills, can't let epeen fall" stuff from skirmish WILL NOT WORK in CW and I've seen more than enough of that from the opfor the past couple of days.

There are a couple TS servers that MWO players can use, the main one I think of is ComStar. Get TS, even if you don't have a mic, and log in and group up with other players from your faction to run coordinated defense. I can not stress enough how much being organized helps. Stop complaining about no VOIP ingame. People still use TS for a reason, its better, and its separate from the game so if the game locks up you can still talk.

TURRETS: Guess, what, they are there for a reason. Namely, without them zerg rush and its GG in 2 min. If players can't stop a zerg rush 10 min in, then that's a problem behind the wheel, not the game mode.

DROPSHIPS: They have weapons to prevent spawn camping. Unless folks really want the enemy team to just camp the drop points and farm you before you even get to control your mech stop complaining.

"CLAN R OP complaint": one word PERKS. IS mechs have perks that make them able to compete.

/dons fire suit

#59 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:59 AM

View PostIIIuminaughty, on 12 December 2014 - 06:39 PM, said:

not much strategy into attacking. The gates and defensive position is far too close on the snow map while the orbital cannon from cybertron is alllll the way in the back. the best map for both sides is Sulfer side...i have yet to seen an attacker win on the other map

We were cruched on the winter map by attacking clans, lost somewhere around 48-20. They had a 7-man group on their side though. Its definately possible to win as an attacker, you just have to concentrate on the OBJECTIVE and attack the canon, not the mechs.

The only thing I agree is give the dropships some AC20s, for short range combat. They should have MLs, SRM6, AC20s and such, and not LLs to shoot even outside the gate while landing. They should be able to crush any camping enemies at the landing pad.

Edited by TexAss, 13 December 2014 - 06:01 AM.

#60 Shiroi Tsuki

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,205 posts
  • LocationCosplaying Ruby from Rwby in Aiur, Auckland, GA America, Interior Union, Mar Sara and Remnant

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:06 AM

I don't know about you guys, but coming from some one in the FRR, the only problem I have is that IS as Attackers and Clans as Defenders is pretty imbalanced. It's possible to win, but it will be challenging especially if you have an uncoordinated team. A simple implementation of Stars vs Lances in my opinion will fix the problem.

1. The Turrets are not that strong IMO, but it will be deadly if you take them on head on while being attacked by defenders. I somehow manged to destroy a Turret while in a SDR-5V running at 8 FPS at the LOWEST OF THE LOW settings (including random frame freeze)

2. The drop ships aren't even strong, In fact, they barely do crap in my opinion. When I was spawn killing the last Attacker (who was disconnected the entire game), I was stationary in front of the landing zone and I survived all 3 drop ship attacks, no torso twisting, just sitting there waiting. I should mention that I was in a Trebuchet

3. All out light push? Be original dude! 4 pool rushing wont always work. I've only been playing the Lurm game in CW (due to the horrible FPS I have) and enemy ECM pretty much makes me useless

4. Yes, this one is a problem, but as a defender, I also get FPS lag.

5. Whelp, this is what you get when you comment "Where's CW" in every post MWO makes in Facebook. PGI released it early, and it's the Beta. Don't expect it to be perfect on the first run.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users