#1 Tristan Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:02 PM

Posted Image

Please rate my pun on a scale from 1-9000.

#2 Trevelyas

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:07 PM

SJR, nooooo :(

#3 Kavoh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:08 PM

3050 give or take

#4 The Cheese

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:09 PM

Isn't it Smoke Jaguar tradition to get their asses handed to them?

#5 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:10 PM

its more like Ghost bear is wrecking face. They took 2 fellow clan territories. And yesterday they breached into FRR territory

#6 Lord de Seis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEdmonton Alberta, Canada

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:10 PM

The clans themselves don't look like they are making much headway.

4173 is my rating.

#7 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:28 PM

They have about as many members are Jade Falcon. Of course they would get killed off.

#8 I R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationArizona

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:30 PM

none of you A holes are helping. you are all Ghost Bears. LITERALLY only one clan is CSJ. SJR and us are the only mercs. Not enough players.

Edited by I R O N, 12 December 2014 - 09:31 PM.

#9 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:30 PM

Soooo...what happens if a clan or house has no planets? Can their side no longer CW?

And Hoorah Wolf took Verthandi

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 12 December 2014 - 09:31 PM.

#10 Re-type Pilot Name

Rookie

• The People's Hero
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:31 PM

View PostThe Cheese, on 12 December 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

Yes, but someone must play the roll.....

#11 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:32 PM

They may actually own 4 planets..

Posted Image

#12 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:42 PM

The real problem at hand is the population imbalance of certain factions as opposed to others. The ability to ghost cap a planet means that the factions with greater populations have a huge edge over those that do not. An example for those who do not know what I am referring to. Clan A has five full groups, Clan B has three. Clan B is forced to defend and still if all five groups of Clan A attack, then it is impossible for Clan B to save that planet because two Clan A groups will ghost cap. If Clan B wants to attack, then they will still lose the other planet to ghost capping. Eliminate the ability to ghost cap on attacks , then it is a more even playing field.

#13 Katotonic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 169 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:57 PM

Ssssshhhhhh! Don't let them think they are losing or the will drop rocks on turtle bay from orbit... seriously who does that?

As a side note: the clans had warships in their invasion forces... we should get to use them somehow once CA phase 3 comes out even if it is just rarely like the jags do to turtle bay in the books. (Of course wolves wouldn't need to use them that way being wardens and all.)

#14 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:22 PM

View PostI R O N, on 12 December 2014 - 09:30 PM, said:

none of you A holes are helping. you are all Ghost Bears. LITERALLY only one clan is CSJ. SJR and us are the only mercs. Not enough players.

And with an attitude like that you wonder why people avoid joining CSJ. I might be biased given my connections to DCMS and Nova Cat... but Lore around CSJ is pretty much that they are a bunch of hyper aggressive jerks who get killed off in the first major counter attack by the IS. They are terrible to the people on the planets they take while Ghost Bear actually really absorbs and blends with the FRR eventually, there is a lot more for people to get attached to CGB lore wise. Especially with the whole question hanging out there of what happens if the timeline progresses to the point CSJ is no more in MWO? You are not helping your uphill battle to recruit the players you need when you come out with an attitude like that.

View PostGrynos, on 12 December 2014 - 09:42 PM, said:

The real problem at hand is the population imbalance of certain factions as opposed to others. The ability to ghost cap a planet means that the factions with greater populations have a huge edge over those that do not. An example for those who do not know what I am referring to. Clan A has five full groups, Clan B has three. Clan B is forced to defend and still if all five groups of Clan A attack, then it is impossible for Clan B to save that planet because two Clan A groups will ghost cap. If Clan B wants to attack, then they will still lose the other planet to ghost capping. Eliminate the ability to ghost cap on attacks , then it is a more even playing field.

This is very true, and you can very much see which fractions have the most players are doing very well in CW, it basically followed the exact same trend we saw from the results of the Fraction Challenge 3 they ran a bit back. The factions with the most matches played (i.e. the most players) generally held onto the highest score. You could pretty much predict the CW results we have had so far from the scores.

FACTIONS

CLANS

# Faction Name Score Total Matches
Posted Image GHOST BEAR 140,143 5,379
Posted Image WOLF 138,957 4,968
Posted Image JADE FALCON 138,476 5,199
Posted Image LOYALIST 132,901 4,459
Posted Image SMOKE JAGUAR 132,069 3,969

INNER SPHERE

# Faction Name Score Total Matches 1.
Posted Image MERC CORPS 144,244 6,010
Posted Image STEINER 138,635 5,496
Posted Image DAVION 138,460 5,341
Posted Image LONE WOLVES 137,476 5,361
Posted Image KURITA 135,329 5,085
Posted Image MARIK 135,281 5,162
Posted Image RASALHAGUE 134,179 4,284
Posted Image LIAO 132,282 4,422

Edited by Kreisel, 12 December 2014 - 10:31 PM.

#15 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:51 PM

View PostLord de Seis, on 12 December 2014 - 09:10 PM, said:

The clans themselves don't look like they are making much headway.

There is no way to really make the same progress as in lore. The tech/skill advantage is not there in MWO (the quality and size of individual groups trumps all other factors), and we are limited to one attack at a time instead of wrecking the entire front for over a year straight. Of course it would be a rush to Terra if we actually had battles available.

As for the Smoke Jaguars, that is a case of numbers (few people in there), and bugs. SJR "lost" many of their attacks to a bug that counts forced disconnects as losses.

Edited by Modo44, 12 December 2014 - 10:59 PM.

#16 0bsidion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:07 PM

Funny how it's working out like that in the game. While I like their totem animal, there just isn't much to like about their policies and attitudes, (lore wise, not the players necessarily). It's really hard to feel sorry for them.

#17 Cementi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 779 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:48 PM

I actually went merc, found that some of the faction units were a bit to serious for me. That being said I am ok with the fact that my unit decided to back Ghost Bear :)

#18 GumbyC2C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 392 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDeutchland

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:33 AM

Those Trials of Annihilation are a real ***** huh? :)

#19 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:37 AM

View PostCementi, on 12 December 2014 - 11:48 PM, said:

I actually went merc, found that some of the faction units were a bit to serious for me. That being said I am ok with the fact that my unit decided to back Ghost Bear :)

Kinda sucks that you can't tell a mercenary from an actual loyalist on the forum or in game.

#20 Wolf Ender

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSacramento, California

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:52 AM

I think there is a lot to admire about the Smoke Jags in the lore. They are truly dedicated to their traditions and they train their warriors harder than any other clan. I read somewhere (IIRC) that more smoke jaguar cadets fail or die in training than in other clans so those who rise to the top are truly the cream of the crop and the pinnacle of clan military skill and tactics.

And yet if you read the lore they make poor decisions, stupid mistakes, let their emotions get the better of them and generally get their asses handed to them. It's obvious that it's just the bias of the authors who just want to create a villain that's so bad you can't empathize with them and want to see them lose.

It's so easy to point at this or that society as a failure because you judge them as too conservative, regressive, static, or brutal by your standards but look at history and you will see that the world is always conquered by those with the will to power and the boldness to do shocking and horrible things to achieve their goals.

When an entire society is committed to this single minded purpose, has the cohesiveness to pursue it together, and the willingness to commit atrocities, they can be extremely successful like the Macedonians, the Romans, the Huns, the Caliphs, the Soviets, etc....

So anyways -- lots of respect for all those smoke jags out there who have the ******* to be the whipping boys of the rest of the clans AND the inner sphere. Props to you guys who firm and fight to the bitter end.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users