233 replies to this topic

#61 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:14 PM

I would also most humbly thank all the FWLM and their units who came to reinforce Asuncion and fought bravely and even more skillfully by our side. Comrades in arms, I salute you!

Have a twinkie on me. The BWC asked us to restock the stills on Old Kentucky and the mash is cooking at the moment.

Oh hey, for entertainment, we tried to fit in with the locals with double shotguns and rusty pickup truck paint on our mechs.

#62 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:16 AM

View PostGrothlamarath, on 16 December 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

After many days of battle; The Templar Mercenary Company has LIBERATED the planet of Asuncion!

Good Job Templars ! But don't count on holding it for too long (if PGI plays fair of Course^^)

#63 Evogenesis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:41 AM

>>>Incoming Transmission from SoloCorp Media Inc<<<

Bringing you the latest and greatest in news and entertainment from around the galaxy and into your home.

Asuncion falls
Citizens of the League react with stunned disbelief at the loss of Asuncion. Now that hostilities between the Lyran and Davion sides of the FedCom have died down the AFFS was free to pour in reinforcements to the battered world of Asuncion. The Templar Mercenary Company led an unrelenting 96 hour assault in the battle known as the Siege of Asuncion.

In the end, the Heroes of Asuncion were forced to concede the world, home to the unit Seraphim. Cries of “We shall Return” were heard as the last dropships left the planet. A day of mourning was called for in Parliament amid renewed enthusiasm to commit more resources to the retaking of Zion province. Tales of individual heroism and valor are trending across the League. Seraphim has relocated to Old Kentucky as the battles rage on nearby Wazan

The loss of Asuncion also complicates efforts by Kallon Industries to revive their Crusader 5M mech line. Heavily damaged in the battle, the facilities will need components manufactured exclusively by PGI in order for production to be seen in any significant numbers.

Steiner Front
The Skye Rangers of Terra had successfully defended Cavanaugh II, but the world has come under renewed attack following the conquest of Callison by the Black Widows. The FWLM has made it quite clear that there will be no lasting peace until all the planets taken by Steiner in the 4th Succession War are returned to the League.

Marion Hegemony Slave Trade
An investigative report from the war torn world of Astrokaszy has highlighted the growing problem of slavery in the periphery. Slaves are trafficked from the spaceport at Shervanis City to a very uncertain future in the Marion Hegemony. The report shames a group of Rim Commonality traders who facilitate the practice by operating slave markets on the Marion world of Suetonius.

#64 Uklistan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 266 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:24 AM

evo - I love reading those updates. Keep up the great work.

#65 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:41 AM

View PostEvogenesis, on 17 December 2014 - 12:41 AM, said:

The loss of Asuncion also complicates efforts by Kallon Industries to revive their Crusader 5M mech line. Heavily damaged in the battle, the facilities will need components manufactured exclusively by PGI in order for production to be seen in any significant numbers.

I see what you did there...

Asuncion will be avenged!

#66 InRev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:01 PM

View PostGrothlamarath, on 16 December 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

After many days of battle; The Templar Mercenary Company has LIBERATED the planet of Asuncion!

HAH! "Liberated"! "Liberated" by invaders who cannot even pronounce the name of the planet, who do not even know what the word means in its original language! Here's a hint, it does not mean "ascension"; invaders, sin dioses, who could not ever hope to appreciate the religious connotations of the planet's name like its previous guardians, those pure warriors of Seraphim! The cultural hegemony of the Federated Suns could not ever respect the proud diversity of a League planet, so I reject your claims of "liberation".

No, mis amigos, this was nothing more than the flagrant imperialism that we should expect from a dynastic dictatorship that uses a weapon of war as its symbol, a weapon that serves only to empower the ruling class at the expense of the factory workers of Asunción!

It will not stand! The workers, los obreros, of Asunción will join the fight against the imperialists and return their planet to the loving, protective embrace of theFree Worlds League! The Davion señoritos cannot and will not vanquish the thirst for true liberty!

Down with dictatorial imperialism! Down with the cultural hegemony of the Federated Suns!

¡Vivan los obreros de Asunción! ¡Viva la Liga de Mundos Libres!

¡NO PASARÁN!

#67 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:42 PM

::::shock and a tear of appreciation down the cheek::::
InRev is not a paid spokesperson. I approve of this message

Beautiful InRev... the people of Asuncion I am sure are encouraged over this burst of Marik patriotism and long live the partisans of Asuncion!

#68 100mile

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationAlegro: Ramora Province fighting Pirates. and the occasional Drac

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:15 PM

View PostInRev, on 17 December 2014 - 09:01 PM, said:

HAH! "Liberated"! "Liberated" by invaders who cannot even pronounce the name of the planet, who do not even know what the word means in its original language! Here's a hint, it does not mean "ascension"; invaders, sin dioses, who could not ever hope to appreciate the religious connotations of the planet's name like its previous guardians, those pure warriors of Seraphim! The cultural hegemony of the Federated Suns could not ever respect the proud diversity of a League planet, so I reject your claims of "liberation".

No, mis amigos, this was nothing more than the flagrant imperialism that we should expect from a dynastic dictatorship that uses a weapon of war as its symbol, a weapon that serves only to empower the ruling class at the expense of the factory workers of Asunción!

It will not stand! The workers, los obreros, of Asunción will join the fight against the imperialists and return their planet to the loving, protective embrace of theFree Worlds League! The Davion señoritos cannot and will not vanquish the thirst for true liberty!

Down with dictatorial imperialism! Down with the cultural hegemony of the Federated Suns!

¡Vivan los obreros de Asunción! ¡Viva la Liga de Mundos Libres!

¡NO PASARÁN!

I only have 1 thing to say to House Marik and their assertions of Davion Imperialism....We weren't attacking you only defending the border until you pushed us and created an alliance with one of our bitterest enemies. Revisionist history at work already..Do you pay your historians by the changed word or just the paragraph?

#69 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:19 PM

View Post100mile, on 17 December 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

I only have 1 thing to say to House Marik and their assertions of Davion Imperialism....We weren't attacking you only defending the border until you pushed us and created an alliance with one of our bitterest enemies. Revisionist history at work already..Do you pay your historians by the changed word or just the paragraph?

You guys need to get your rhetoric straight.
In one thread you say this, in another one of your ilk is prattling on about how they took 10 planets from us unmolested.

Make up your damn minds.

#70 100mile

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationAlegro: Ramora Province fighting Pirates. and the occasional Drac

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:24 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 17 December 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:

You guys need to get your rhetoric straight.
In one thread you say this, in another one of your ilk is prattling on about how they took 10 planets from us unmolested.

Make up your damn minds.

Trust me... ;)

#71 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:56 PM

We pay our historians by the pound. ;) its a lot of correcting in the history books you guys at the New Avalon school get wrong.

#72 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:37 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 17 December 2014 - 10:56 PM, said:

... at the New Avalon school ...

At the New Avalon what???

Check the literacy rates in the Sword & Orifice realm. Check Sarna for how education in the Davion outback works. It explains so much.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 18 December 2014 - 02:39 AM.

#73 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:24 AM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 18 December 2014 - 02:37 AM, said:

Check the literacy rates in the Sword & Orifice realm. Check Sarna for how education in the Davion outback works. It explains so much.

Davion edumication levels?

Posted Image
:P

#74 Daruwind

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:10 PM

313th have launched today about ten successful attacks (Cavanaught II) and defensive raids (Wing) at Steiners front. Especially SRoT and 12th Donegals drops were completely eliminated a few times just with minor losses. We salute to their bravery and foolish charges as they paid with their own lifes..

Similar results were achieved at Davions front, this time our units laid waste to unorganized defenders/attackers, however these guys managed to cause heavy losses at our side.

#75 Uklistan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 266 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:44 PM

*cough* I believe Asuncion is still Davion......

#76 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:53 PM

View PostGrothlamarath, on 18 December 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

*cough* I believe Asuncion is still Davion......

Congratulations on sniping before downtime.

Maybe if CW had more than ONE cease fire period, the fact that we held Asunción throughout all of Euro-prime TZ and early US-prime TZ would actually matter. As it stands, Fedrats can just snipe planets at will because ceasefire timing favors them.

So congratulations, you held the planet for a whole thirty minutes and PGI gave it to you. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back!

#77 Alex Reed

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Free Worlds League

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:19 PM

Props to Evo and InRev.

Evo, your News From the Front segments are awesome and well written. I am hours away from home and it is a fun way to keep up with what is happening in the game. Please continue to update and ellucidate as much as you can.

InRev, your passionate words about our adopted homeworld stirred my heart. I appreciate you sharing them as I am sure that they are stirring the hearts and souls of all the Seraphim MechWarrirors as well.

What many do not know is that the Seraphim tried to start out in Davion space over two years ago under a different name. The rhetoric of the Davions in this Marik thread is a good example of why we left and now, more than ever, feel as if the Almighty has ordered our course along that of the Marik.

Good evening, gentlemen, and may God continue to bless both you and yours,

Alex...

#78 Mordale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,008 posts
  • Locationon some backwater rock of a planet

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:22 PM

you need this,....
Posted Image

#79 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:40 PM

View PostAlex Reed, on 18 December 2014 - 08:19 PM, said:

Props to Evo and InRev.

Evo, your News From the Front segments are awesome and well written. I am hours away from home and it is a fun way to keep up with what is happening in the game. Please continue to update and ellucidate as much as you can.

InRev, your passionate words about our adopted homeworld stirred my heart. I appreciate you sharing them as I am sure that they are stirring the hearts and souls of all the Seraphim MechWarrirors as well.

What many do not know is that the Seraphim tried to start out in Davion space over two years ago under a different name. The rhetoric of the Davions in this Marik thread is a good example of why we left and now, more than ever, feel as if the Almighty has ordered our course along that of the Marik.

Good evening, gentlemen, and may God continue to bless both you and yours,

Alex...

Posted Image

#80 BlackPhoenix01

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,459 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNJ/NY

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:42 PM

Posted Image

Edited by BlackPhoenix01, 18 December 2014 - 09:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users