Ghost Capping Should Be Eliminated ..

5 replies to this topic

#1 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:57 PM

Ghost capping favors large population clans/factions and gives an unfair advantage. Smaller populated clans/factions do not have both the ability to defend as well as attack, where the larger populated clans/factions do. If ghost capping is prevented, then they would actually have to fight the other clan/faction instead of being able to get planets for free.

Just because a clan/faction has more population does not mean that they are better competively and zerging will lead to the decimation of some of the smaller clans/factions to the point where new players will refuse to join them.

#2 Exodus001

• Pip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 12 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:02 PM

I agree. They will probably fix this.

#3 Macksheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:07 PM

I expect they will periodically wipe / reset too. Whoever rocks this initial phase will definitely have bragging rights ... for whatever those are worth.

I'd wager they will gather data for a bit, and then work on tuning game play aspects as well as more mechanical things
- Matching, to speed up finding a match - possibly the "put me in next available match" option for solos or groups who don't care where they fight
- Planetary conquest, including ghost-capping
- FPS and hit resolution problems
- Any *actual* exploits
- Small adjustments to placement to prevent drop camping and/or super-fast win scenarios

#4 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:36 PM

View PostGrynos, on 12 December 2014 - 09:57 PM, said:

Just because a clan/faction has more population does not mean that they are better competively and zerging will lead to the decimation of some of the smaller clans/factions to the point where new players will refuse to join them.

I don't see it happening. First and foremost certain planets can't be lost so there's only so much a big faction can do.

#5 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:00 PM

View PostSandpit, on 12 December 2014 - 10:36 PM, said:

I don't see it happening. First and foremost certain planets can't be lost so there's only so much a big faction can do.

While this might be true ( I'm new to the game.) the problem will occur that some factions/clans will become unpopular to play due to their small population to newer players in general, which in turn will compound the problem at hand.

#6 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:30 PM

View PostGrynos, on 12 December 2014 - 11:00 PM, said:

While this might be true ( I'm new to the game.) the problem will occur that some factions/clans will become unpopular to play due to their small population to newer players in general, which in turn will compound the problem at hand.

that's going to happen regardless. It's happened in every iteration of a Btech game. Some factions are just more popular. It's a double edged sword. Those same popular factions tend to get hurt by their popularity as well. They tend to get a larger number of new players which evens them out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users