We Just Won A Match, But We Lost 2 Tokens?

27 replies to this topic

#1 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:21 AM

Playing at Harvest, we had 11 tokens, in 20 minutes or so it dropped to 9, I dropped in a "holding territory" match. We won, and right after it it dropped to 7???

wtf?

#2 Odins Fist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:29 AM

View PostAnarcho, on 14 December 2014 - 02:21 AM, said:

Playing at Harvest, we had 11 tokens, in 20 minutes or so it dropped to 9, I dropped in a "holding territory" match. We won, and right after it it dropped to 7???

wtf?

Don't get me started, been there for 4 or 5 hours NEVER lost a match..

It was 11 wins, 9 wins, 10 wins, etc etc etc.....

EDIT: Just left a match, won it.. Now says 7.. 7 my A**

DOUBLE EDIT: Planet didn't change hands after kicking the living $H!T out of that Rock.

It's not worth it, Harvest was 11 and 10 tickets forever, should have changed hands after a few hours of constantly being in that state..

Better get your MATH straight PGI, nevermind it's BETA CW...

Edited by Odins Fist, 14 December 2014 - 02:51 AM.

#3 Dagadegatto

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 95 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:52 AM

Well if a match can kick off every 60 seconds it could mean that while you are winning your matches another group in your faction is loosing theirs on the same planet... maybe.

#4 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:55 AM

View PostDagadegatto, on 14 December 2014 - 02:52 AM, said:

Well if a match can kick off every 60 seconds it could mean that while you are winning your matches another group in your faction is loosing theirs on the same planet... maybe.

I don't think we can have simultaneous matches on the same planet, if so, what would define the holding territory or invading base status?

#5 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:17 AM

Its your PUGS more then likely....

From what i can tell all the SJR Unit Groups are winning, i lost ONE match in the past two days of CW play. But the PUGS and SOLO guys are getting there faced punched in and we are basically barley treading water.

Every time we get a win they PUGs get 2 losses and we end up going back down.

CW will not be possible for small clans like SJR, we will never have enough impact to do anything but keep our own territory and we are having a hard enough time doing that.

PGI needs to rethink some things i guess....other wise there is not point in being a SJR pilot.

#6 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:32 AM

View PostAnarcho, on 14 December 2014 - 02:55 AM, said:

I don't think we can have simultaneous matches on the same planet, if so, what would define the holding territory or invading base status?

You definitely can have more than one match going for the same planet at the same time

#7 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:36 AM

View Postpwnface, on 14 December 2014 - 03:32 AM, said:

You definitely can have more than one match going for the same planet at the same time

I didnt know that, so yeah, than it makes sense. :/

Regarding the pugs and solos, so far Im seeing more mix of pugs than 12 man groups... actually didnt fight any 12 or 8 man group yet (around 15 matches?) plus, everyone have the right to play...

#8 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:41 AM

You can have multiple matches on one planet, I've seen multiple groups on teamspeak fighting on the same planet, last night on Graham IV my group didn't lose one match ( the first couple didn't have any defenders though ) but sometimes we'd go up two tokens after a match, sometimes the number wouldn't change. My guess is that there were two Davion teams there in total, Steiners were a bit late to respond even though I announced the attack but they presumably matched our numbers in the end.

Edited by Satan n stuff, 14 December 2014 - 03:41 AM.

#9 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:05 AM

Yes, totally makes sense if there is multiple battles at the same time, and yes, we need a more detailed report of what is going on in each plannet... maybe the battle summary can stay in a "log" when you click to see what is going on there...

#10 Hades Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:50 AM

Cw is busted, needs fixing

period

end of discussion.

#11 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:38 AM

multiple battles can occur. and you can lose points to auto-losses as well. i.e. if there are 3 12-man groups attacking a planet but only 1 12-man defending. the 2 unopposed attacking team get auto-wins. even if the 3rd attacking team loses. it's still +1 to the attacking faction

#12 Little Details

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 172 posts
  • LocationSt Louis, MO, USA

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:40 AM

I've noticed this as well. I know there are lots of matches going on, but if you don't feel you're contributing, what's the point? Instead of the 11 tokens that magically move, show the overall matches so you can at least pick your battles.

View Postknightsljx, on 14 December 2014 - 07:38 AM, said:

multiple battles can occur. and you can lose points to auto-losses as well. i.e. if there are 3 12-man groups attacking a planet but only 1 12-man defending. the 2 unopposed attacking team get auto-wins. even if the 3rd attacking team loses. it's still +1 to the attacking faction

Which is brilliant. PGI has a lot of stuff to figure out still, besides the glaring technical/ui issues.

#13 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:47 AM

Its your PUGS more then likely....

From what i can tell all the SJR Unit Groups are winning, i lost ONE match in the past two days of CW play. But the PUGS and SOLO guys are getting there faced punched in and we are basically barley treading water.

Every time we get a win they PUGs get 2 losses and we end up going back down.

CW will not be possible for small clans like SJR, we will never have enough impact to do anything but keep our own territory and we are having a hard enough time doing that.

PGI needs to rethink some things i guess....other wise there is not point in being a SJR pilot.

Like I said before CW started wait until the try hards start crying
it will be a river of tears

#14 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:56 AM

only 1 match can kick off at a time, but a new match can kick off every 60 seconds... Provided there are players ready. We just can't have multiple matches starting at the same time. Very well could be while you are winning, other teams in your faction are losing and that's why you're seeing the numbers drop as they are.

#15 Von Blumen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:39 AM

We have been fighting over Turtle Bay for 3 days now. Last night we started at 2 tokens. After 4 hours and 6 straight wins JGx managed to get it up to 8 tokens. After the 7th win, we go back to the faction map and we are down to 6 tokens. 2 more matches, now with a split force dropping simultaneously on Turtle Bay, with both sides winning their respective battles, and we were still holding at 6.

The pug que is killing CSJ. Pugs need to start defending more and let the groups attack, because at this rate Turtle Bay should fall into CSJ's hands sometime in the spring of 2016....

Edited by Von Blumen, 14 December 2014 - 08:43 AM.

#16 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:29 AM

View PostAnarcho, on 14 December 2014 - 02:21 AM, said:

wtf?

You may not have been the only players on that planet and the fighting may not have gone so well for the other teams??? :huh:

#17 Rufus Ingram

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 129 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre, Free Rasalhague Republic

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:37 AM

View PostVon Blumen, on 14 December 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

The pug que is killing CSJ. Pugs need to start defending more and let the groups attack, because at this rate Turtle Bay should fall into CSJ's hands sometime in the spring of 2016....

Us Pugs don't have control of whether we are defending or attacking in a given match, even if we click to defend a planet because of the counterattack, so only defending may not help this.

#18 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:40 AM

Yeah, sounds like other matches are being lost.

I know the empty matches will kick off if no defenders are found. Anyone know if that happens when nobody is defending the planet, or is it when there are not enough defenders to match the attackers?

How accurate it would be if Clans lose planets because they can't field enough defenders to fight the hordes of the IS. :P

Edited by Rouken, 14 December 2014 - 09:41 AM.

#19 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:42 AM

View PostRouken, on 14 December 2014 - 09:40 AM, said:

Yeah, sounds like other matches are being lost.

I know the empty matches will kick off if no defenders are found. Anyone know if that happens when nobody is defending the planet, or is it when there are not enough defenders to match the attackers?

How accurate it would be if Clans lose planets because they can't field enough defenders to fight the hordes of the IS. :P

We chose the defenders for a match and ended up attacking an empty base... :huh:

#20 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:49 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 14 December 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

We chose the defenders for a match and ended up attacking an empty base... :huh:

Probably a counter attack. It took me a while to notice but when the lobby fills up and you get the 1 minute countdown there is a description of the mission type right next to the clock. Had a "Hold Territory" mission even though we were invading a FRR planet, dropped on defense.

I want to say they don't have a way to pay you for winning a forfeit match without putting you in a match. So, they just drop us in an empty game.

Edited by Rouken, 14 December 2014 - 09:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users