9 replies to this topic

#1 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:32 AM

Dear PGI,

Thanks for finally getting CW kicked off before Christmas! And I'm looking forward to the development of it. New maps look fantastic but some more variety is needed ASAP. Here is some constructive criticism:

After playing this weekend in maybe 20 matches... I'm bored with CW as it is. Why?
  • Only 2 maps with 2 modes, and like many have said they usually boil down trying to rush the cannon or stopping that rush.
  • And if you are attacking the Vault map its like 90% failure rate if you are not a in a well organized team. And according to some people in the forums if you are in the 12 man teams you just "zerg rush" and you win too easy. Either way its gotten really repetitive after only a couple of days of playing.
So easy fix: Bring in a few of the old maps and let us sometimes play resource capture and base capture but using CW 48man teams and dropships (and longer timers/scores of course).

Not every fight on a planet has to be about destroying a cannon. Sometimes we just need to fight skirmishes, destroy the other side, or capture other resources. These situations could just as easily count within 10 of the wins needed to capture a planet.

I'd love to see the following maps used in CW for such purposes:
  • Alpine Peaks
  • Vridian Bog
  • Canyon Map
  • Corrisive Valley
  • Terra Therma
It would greatly add to our variety and development of different strategies in CW. In my mind those are all fun maps and big enough for CW matches. No one seems to care that we have 2 maps/terrains for all of the hundred or so planets so there is no "reality" that we need to follow here. Re-use these maps until more CW specific maps and modes are made.

Thanks!

#2 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:34 AM

It was released like 3 days ago. Give them some damn time to add some stuff.

#3 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:34 AM

At this point in time, defending against a competent 12 man is much much much more difficult than attacking. Generators are just too weak.

#4 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:52 AM

Alpine is large enough to allow dropships. They could actually use the vast areas of the map that are currently wasted.

Just remove one base and upgrade the defender to LLAS turrets. That is a few days worth of work, should be easy enough.

#5 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:58 AM

Hopefully this is just the beginning and they can adapt existing maps to these modes. Wouldn't say it'll be easy though.

But I also hope they add different modes. It'd be nice if they had a different value beyond just whoever has the most wins.

Edited by MechaBattler, 14 December 2014 - 12:03 PM.

#6 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:00 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 14 December 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

Alpine is large enough to allow dropships. They could actually use the vast areas of the map that are currently wasted.

Just remove one base and upgrade the defender to LLAS turrets. That is a few days worth of work, should be easy enough.

Actually, just put the cannon and defender drop points somewhere in the H11-I13 area and forget the gates. There are only two approaches anyway and the attackers will face a real uphill battle.

<maniacal :lol: :lol: :lol:>

#7 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:18 PM

View PostBrody319, on 14 December 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

Maybe they should have waited until tuesday and fixed some of the problems before putting it out :) Im guessing people wanted to go on vacation early :P

#1 issue i have is no know how many people are waiting on a planet. If im sitting here for 20 minutes because i am the only 1 or because we are waiting for 1 more person.

#8 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:19 PM

I don't think every map needs an orbital gauss. A destructible mobile field base is an important target by itself. I don't know if it is worth a regiment of mechs as a target though.

I guess an invasion would need to take out the C3 network after opening the airspace.

Edited by Spheroid, 14 December 2014 - 12:21 PM.

#9 SnoweeDrifter

• PipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:14 PM

View PostBrody319, on 14 December 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

Word

#10 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:08 PM

what they could do is easily add the other modes into it as well.

Maybe after so many attack wins against the guns you move into mech on mech combat as if the defending side sent more mechs from a base to push back the defenders. If the attackers keep winning they sooner or later end up at an assault map where they need to take the base and that takes the planet for them.

the counter attacks then could work in reverse or something. push the new owner out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users