45 replies to this topic

#21 Lucian Nostra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:51 AM

View PostW A R K H A N, on 16 December 2014 - 05:10 AM, said:

Tired of all these nerf clan treads. OP is actually complaining that a 12ml nova is OP. Really now. Lol?
As someone that runs both IS and clan mechs, I'm afraid what we have here folks is yet another bad player looking for handouts.

It honestly doesn't matter how bad the clans get, people will still want them nerfed simply because they "ruined the game", be they battletech grognards or people that can't look past seeing 100m more range

#22 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:53 AM

View PostLucian Nostra, on 16 December 2014 - 06:51 AM, said:

It honestly doesn't matter how bad the clans get, people will still want them nerfed simply because they "ruined the game", be they battletech grognards or people that can't look past seeing 100m more range

I'm sorry I am one of those BattleTech Grognards (IIRC), and I wanted the Clan Full Strength and fought to keep em that way.

#23 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:56 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 16 December 2014 - 06:53 AM, said:

I'm sorry I am one of those BattleTech Grognards (IIRC), and I wanted the Clan Full Strength and fought to keep em that way.

Than your not a Grognard.. the players that only run 3025 because that's real battletech and Clans ruined the game.

#24 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:13 AM

View PostLucian Nostra, on 16 December 2014 - 06:56 AM, said:

Than your not a Grognard.. the players that only run 3025 because that's real battletech and Clans ruined the game.

I wouldn't call them a Grogard either. Now those who only play the Mechs/rules from the CBT "Boxsets" those would be Grogs to me. They wouldn't even use the 3025 TRO Mechs. ;)

#25 0bsidion

• 1,653 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:32 AM

View Postdeanon, on 15 December 2014 - 10:01 PM, said:

Sorry but math dont lie,
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/equipment

They do alot more dps than ic mechs.
Their weapons hit harder and further even with my quirks.

And this is about normal, not faction warfare where I allready avoid clans,.

More balanced IC vs IC

Sorry, but dps weapons are the most inefficient of all. Sure, it looks good on paper, but what you want is pinpoint FLD, which is what IS has in abundance with single shell ACs. Dps weapons allow your target to twist and spread damage, making it much harder to destroy their mech. So while Clan weapons do high dps, it's not actually a good thing, unless you just want to post big damage numbers at the end. Sure it looks fancy, but when you do 900 damage and only get 2 kills? That's bad. I'd rather do 200 damage and get 4 or 5 kills than 1000 damage and 1 or 2 kills.

#26 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:36 AM

View Postdeanon, on 15 December 2014 - 07:47 PM, said:

Really dont find it fun to fight clan, way to much damage, unbalanced yes!,
Its like you have to play so much better to win.
And i rather have a normal game of mechwarrior, longer fights.

Let me que inner sphere only matches(normal)

I know this has allready happend for community warfare, many dont que vs clans..

Honestly we beat / ROFL stomped several clan based teams last night. We did this on both Defense and Attack. Several QQ'd hard about it. We just used tactics, teamwork, team speak. At least two of the matches were against units I respect / know they are competent.

So often people have one or two negative experiences and basically throw their hands up in the air. I am not saying that it is easy. Believe me ... handling Timbers, Storm Crow, Warhawks etc is no laughing matter and can be intimidating. However IS does have its own advantages, you just have to work as a Team to get to it.

I should add, I have been stomped by clan teams too ... but that was more about us making bad trades (long range) and bad pushes so I am well aware that it isn't all roses out there.

Edited by CrockdaddyAoD, 16 December 2014 - 07:38 AM.

#27 Mike Oakenwall - the khadoran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:40 AM

View Post0bsidion, on 16 December 2014 - 07:32 AM, said:

Sorry, but dps weapons are the most inefficient of all. Sure, it looks good on paper, but what you want is pinpoint FLD, which is what IS has in abundance with single shell ACs. Dps weapons allow your target to twist and spread damage, making it much harder to destroy their mech. So while Clan weapons do high dps, it's not actually a good thing, unless you just want to post big damage numbers at the end. Sure it looks fancy, but when you do 900 damage and only get 2 kills? That's bad. I'd rather do 200 damage and get 4 or 5 kills than 1000 damage and 1 or 2 kills.

Clans has double ammount of pin point weapons(AC), since you can get ultra version and they are all better.
Read the link, it has all weapons with stats, so not sure why you bother make things up.

This is about normal matchmaking!
The normal matchmaking is like a training session for clan wars,

Just add more buttons to the selection where you pick game mode.
Add two new game modes : IC vs IC and Clan vs Clan.

Its no difference than being able to choose which game modes you want to play.
You would stil be able to que for all like now..

Im not even playing clan warfare right now because of the que.

Edited by deanon, 16 December 2014 - 10:46 AM.

#28 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:44 AM

View Postdeanon, on 16 December 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

Clans has double ammount of pin point weapons(AC), since you can get ultra version and they are all better.
Read the link, it has all weapons with stats, so not sure why you bother make things up.

Holy ****

How daft is this guy?

Take the Trial Dire Whale into the testing grounds. Tell us how Pinpoint our ACs are. They are considerably WORSE than the IS ones. You just keep invalidating your point.

Give it a rest. Stop trolling.

#29 Mike Oakenwall - the khadoran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:01 AM

Stop trolling my post with game mechanics, i want a new game mode that is IC vs IC
Dont really care if your AC has less precise aim or whatever you mean by pin point.

#30 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:06 AM

View Postdeanon, on 16 December 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

Stop trolling my post with game mechanics, i want a new game mode that is IC vs IC
Dont really care if your AC has less precise aim or whatever you mean by pin point.

I'm calling out your bullshit.

You already have your IS vs IS mode; attack IS planets.

#31 Aiden Skye

• Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:11 AM

Forget arguing with the OP. He lost all credibility when he said a stock Nova was game-breaking.

#32 Mike Oakenwall - the khadoran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:15 AM

Im not saying its game breaking i was invalidating a post that said you cant boat C-er Med lasers.
If even a medium mech can boat 12, they are not to hot.

I should have quoted the message but there are to many posts i wanted to answer at once

Edited by deanon, 16 December 2014 - 11:15 AM.

#33 Vezm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 127 posts
  • LocationWellington

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:16 AM

View Postdeanon, on 15 December 2014 - 11:12 PM, said:

Im going to answer the posts in no specifik order.

So I cant move if I use a clan mech? I cant use an assault if im IC, i have to use a jenner?! great argument.
Its the same except clan stuff are better.
Even the devs agree that clans do more damage, listen to the no guts no galaxy podcast.

All mechs are equal, thats why mech of choise is a dire wolf.. you and everyone else BTW.

Murderous heat?is thats why people can boat 12 c-er med lasers on a medium clan mech?
Weapons that wastly outclass IC-med lasers and more closer to large lasers from IC?

I rather fight IC vs IC until the balance is fixed, otherwise it feels alot like pay to win..

This comment is so far off it almost invalidates the legitimate clan nerf arguments (ala Timberwolf). Too many IS pilot cry when they read one stat line, the never compare all the stats of a weapon or actually try to use it themselves. This is evident by the Nova being cried about.

I typically get lower damage games in my IS mechs, but that doesn't stop me coring mechs in my HBKs. Love that AC/20. The Jenner K is probably one of my favorite IS mechs to play now, cos wubs and I don't own a 5SS. It's so nice having short beam duration and engine freedom.

The part that really makes you seem more like a troll than anything is crying about pay to win with mechs that are available with c-bills...

#34 Xephan

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:19 AM

View Postdeanon, on 16 December 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

Pin point means putting all the damage on a single component or in some cases pixel, IS auto cannons do their damage with a single shot ie *ac20* 20 damage.

Clan auto cannons including ultra series fire a series of shots totaling the damage *ac20* as a burst of several shots totaling 20 damage wth a short fire delay between them. Which do not all land on the same location in the majority of cases.

It is exceedingly easy to spread out the damage of a clan autocannon by torso twisting while receiving damage to prevent a single component from taking the majority of the damage.When people talk about pinpoint or FLD this is what they are speaking of. I can destroy the same mech with less than 25% of the firepower if it is delt with pinpoint damage, than I can with damage that is spread.

#35 0bsidion

• 1,653 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:21 AM

View PostW A R K H A N, on 16 December 2014 - 11:11 AM, said:

Forget arguing with the OP. He lost all credibility when he said a stock Nova was game-breaking.

Now that you mention it, I really should have taken that as a sign not to take him seriously, and now he's saying cACs are better than IS ACs, so either he's trying to mess with us, delusional, or has a fundamental lack of understand how this game works. Very absurd thread.

#36 Vezm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 127 posts
  • LocationWellington

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:21 AM

View Postdeanon, on 16 December 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

Im not saying its game breaking i was invalidating a post that said you cant boat C-er Med lasers.
If even a medium mech can boat 12, they are not to hot.

I should have quoted the message but there are to many posts i wanted to answer at once

Have you tried it?

#37 Aiden Skye

• Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:28 AM

View Postdeanon, on 15 December 2014 - 11:12 PM, said:

All mechs are equal, thats why mech of choise is a dire wolf.. you and everyone else BTW.

Murderous heat?is thats why people can boat 12 c-er med lasers on a medium clan mech?
Weapons that wastly outclass IC-med lasers and more closer to large lasers from IC?

I rather fight IC vs IC until the balance is fixed, otherwise it feels alot like pay to win..

Pay to win? Most of the top clan mechs including the Trinity are available for C-bills.

PGI those stock nova's are terrorizing the battlefield, nerf them now!....said no one ever.

#38 Ahri-the-Fox

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:34 AM

to be fair, the matches clan vs FIS should always be 2 stars of clanmechs (aka 10 clanner) and a company (3 lances) of FIS mechs (aka 12)

that's the way they are measured up in the boardgame, in the books and pretty much everywhere else ;)

#39 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:46 AM

View PostJheakryna, on 16 December 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

to be fair, the matches clan vs FIS should always be 2 stars of clanmechs (aka 10 clanner) and a company (3 lances) of FIS mechs (aka 12)

that's the way they are measured up in the boardgame, in the books and pretty much everywhere else ;)

And instead of doing that, PGI nerfed the Clam weapons a fair bit.

They certainly that order of magnitude better. Not even the 3 god tier. Especially not the other 10 Clam chassis'.

People tend to forget about the bad Clams. The ones that are actually worse than their IS counterparts. One of which might just be the worst mech in the game.

Edited by Mcgral18, 16 December 2014 - 11:47 AM.

#40 CocoaJin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:35 PM

Sack up...that is all.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users