Just Got Back To Playing

25 replies to this topic

#1 Flaming oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:04 PM

Took a huge break the moment clans turned up as I knew it would be bad. Figured if I gave it a few months things would be better.

I come back and gave it a couple of days before I decided I would come to the forums. I am both shocked and awed by the absolute lack of progress, Most of the issues are there that were there before if not worse.

Balance is just bad clan vs a IS mech - If the pilots are the same skill level the IS mech will be absolutely obliterated.

LRMS- are still massively underpowered far to easy to make worthless by any pilot with a brain.

ECM- Is to powerful not going to go into huge detail but theirs a reason why a Mech that's capable of mounting ecm in almost all cases if the pilot doesn't have it equipped is considered a noob . Its to powerful and abused.

Lack of guides - New players don't really hav a decent tutorial

Game suddenly has a p2w feel to it wit in some cases clan mechs only being available for mc (all be it not permanent) But even those with a free option are massively over priced your talking over 60 mill for 3 dire wolfs and that's before you start upgrading . Are you serious PGI?

How did you make the game worse really how? No wonder wait times have gone up and you've removed the option to pick your mode.

And side note to those of you still playing this , If your in a full strength mech don't be the guy I had in my last battle before I gave up on this horror show of a game once again , and hide behind a XL heavy IS mech with both torsos and his CT crit take some hits for him yeah?

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:13 PM

So...you're leaving again?

Bye!

#3 Jacobei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 311 posts
  • LocationElite Light Rangers 5

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:16 PM

I fully disagree with this entire post. What game are you even playing? Lack of progress?

Your just QQ about personal issues = your a baddy... LRMS to weak, are you just trolling to get rise from people LOL

Anyway.. NO!

#4 KharnZor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:16 PM

cool story bro.

#5 kf envy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 590 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:17 PM

dont let the door hit you on the way out.

#6 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:19 PM

I have no idea what the **** you are talking about.
missiles are OP when boated.
ECM was nerfed with the BAP buff.
Clan mechs come with Their upgrades STOCK. An Atlas with upgrades fully implemented costs about the same as its Direwolf counterpart. plus can switch omnipods, you are basically buying 3 mechs when you buy one.

#7 Flaming oblivion

• The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:20 PM

Carry on with those attitudes, See how it works out when your battle modes are restricted further , The battle fairness gets even worse as eol brackets are forced to be widened further , To stop wait times , The don't wont hit me as it didn't hit so many others who feel the same all abandoning ship, Enjoy the game for as long as it lasts :)

#8 Jacobei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 311 posts
  • LocationElite Light Rangers 5

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:21 PM

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead! B)

#9 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:21 PM

View PostFlaming oblivion, on 15 December 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

Carry on with those attitudes, See how it works out when your battle modes are restricted further , The battle fairness gets even worse as eol brackets are forced to be widened further , To stop wait times , The don't wont hit me as it didn't hit so many others who feel the same all abandoning ship, Enjoy the game for as long as it lasts :)

The ******* game modes is not restricted. There is a little arrow near the play button, click it then select the check boxes.

#10 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:23 PM

View PostFlaming oblivion, on 15 December 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but you are clueless.
If you're going to go just do it.

#11 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:25 PM

OP doesn't know WTH he's talking about.

#12 superteds

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:27 PM

when you make another pointless thread in 6 months time...

just don't make it

tia

#13 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:48 PM

View PostJacobei, on 15 December 2014 - 09:16 PM, said:

I fully disagree with this entire post. What game are you even playing? Lack of progress?

Your just QQ about personal issues = your a baddy... LRMS to weak, are you just trolling to get rise from people LOL

Anyway.. NO!

Lurms are weaksauce... anyone who thinks otherwise is a baddy...

The trouble with lurms is that is too effective against bads... think of e.honda's hundred hand slap vs a noob that can't block... vs a half decent player it is easily countered and punished...

There is something inherent in lurms that need to be fixed... I'm not a game designer so I can't say what specifically.

#14 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:53 PM

View PostMycrus, on 15 December 2014 - 09:48 PM, said:

Lurms are weaksauce... anyone who thinks otherwise is a baddy...

The trouble with lurms is that is too effective against bads... think of e.honda's hundred hand slap vs a noob that can't block... vs a half decent player it is easily countered and punished...

There is something inherent in lurms that need to be fixed... I'm not a game designer so I can't say what specifically.

Can't touch LRMs without reworking them entirely without people bitching. Simply not possible.

#15 Tezcatli

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:23 PM

I tried a few of the trial Clan mechs recently. And it's really night and day. Especially the Stormcrow. Mobility, firepower, range, and a supernatural level of survivability. I found myself stuck between IS and got pelted by a Dragon with it's fast firing AC. Lasers and missiles and what have you. Yet I managed to survive. I wasn't even torso twisting! Granted they weren't all focusing me, but that Dragon was definitely gunning for me. But all I had to do was attack the Dragon directly and managed to destroy it before it could destroy me.

Even so they're not insurmountable. I've played against Clans in CW. In the brawl with dead shots to the CT they drop just like IS mechs. But getting them into the brawl can be a problem on the snow map when attacking.

I'm gonna build up the c-bills to get my hands on the mechs directly so I can see for myself just what the full extent of their abilities are.

#16 elismallz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:27 AM

Was this meant to be posted 6 months ago?

#17 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:40 AM

I recommend you look and pay attention at what HAS been accomplished, rather than zero in on the three or four issues that YOU care about and judge an entire developer on that.

Besides, you're wrong on half those issues as well.

#18 Golden Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 656 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:42 AM

Somebody's parents never hugged them enough. If you want some strong arms wrapped around you head on down to the dock.

#19 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:46 AM

Again, like I've said time and time again... The Kuritans are too radical.

#20 Siegegun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 424 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:01 PM

LOL, I cant even take this seriously.

I will not even go into any of the (very wrong) points the OP is trying to assert. The mere fact the thread title says "Just got back to playing" and then it devolves into some strange rant about things that are not so, then dramatically ends with "I am not playing again!" just makes it hard to take in without laughing. So, the OP posts this post already knowing he will not be playing. The very definition of troll. Did you get the attention you needed? Because when I quit a game, I quit it. I do not take the extra time to let everyone know (all of whom do not care anyway) that I am taking my ball and going home.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users