Why Are My Allies Trying To Get Me Killed?

28 replies to this topic

#21 LordMelvin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 567 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:25 AM

I play mostly fire-support heavies, so I lurk around assaults all the time. However, I understand that not everyone wants to have hot-and-heavy mech-on-mech action so I try to leave 10-20 meters between me and the nearest mech at all times.

Plus it's funny when a kamikaze Firestarter runs around a corner, trying to get a free kill on an assault, and all they find is me.

#22 Mergatroid Skittle

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:12 PM

View Postlsp, on 16 December 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

Knockdowns need to be added back. There was nothing wrong with them in the first place, just cry babies whining, mainly light players.

Lights (at least commandos) experience damage to an arm, torso or leg when a collision occurs. I believe it used to be restricted to legs. Even more reason to avoid running into friendlies, since every last bit of armor helps in a light.

#23 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:33 PM

View PostMergatroid Skittle, on 16 December 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

Lights (at least commandos) experience damage to an arm, torso or leg when a collision occurs. I believe it used to be restricted to legs. Even more reason to avoid running into friendlies, since every last bit of armor helps in a light.

The big complaint was the desynch and the fact that for 10 seconds or so you just got curb stomped and blasted away by the Dragon Bowling League.

If knock-downs and collisions were less punishing, I'd love to see them return. Hell just making it so you get "staggered" instead of fully bowled over would be fine by me.

But knock-down was painfully unfun for the player being knocked down as there was *nothing* you could do but wait and often *nothing* you could have done to avoid getting knocked over.

#24 Intrepid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 265 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:53 PM

View PostJun Watarase, on 16 December 2014 - 02:22 AM, said:

At least you don't have 4 mans hiding in a corner of the map till the rest of your team is dead because they are trying to get your team to lose on purpose.

At least you never had someone disconnecting on purpose because he was afraid of fighting premades.

#25 Intrepid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 265 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:33 PM

View PostNecromonger Commander, on 16 December 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

In 1989 we had a review mirrors in our mechs (MW2), that was Lost Tech!

MW2 was 1995. MechWarrior was 1989.

#26 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:30 PM

View PostXyuni, on 16 December 2014 - 05:45 AM, said:

I find that the worst complaint about PUG dropping I have is those damn turds that sit behind me denying me the opportunity to reverse into cover.... I absolutely dread those fools.

Not one step back!
http://en.wikipedia....i/Order_No._227

#27 Darlith

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 348 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:47 AM

I have the same problem in reverse, I'll be moving about in a medium shooting mechs then taking cover to move to a new area. I go to back up and some damn assault is humping my leg like an overly excited dog.

Though I'm sure I have humped a few assault legs as well thinking they are pushing instead of peeking as well.

#28 Cow And Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:55 AM

I think we need mech collision or tripping.

Getting damage for being in someones -a s s- when he walks backwards is something I like to see.

I don't want anyone behind me unless its THE B33F creaping up on me! :P

Getting damage or falling down would teach us to stop stepping on each other toes.

Regards,
C&C

#29 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:05 PM

View Postlsp, on 16 December 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

Knockdowns need to be added back. There was nothing wrong with them in the first place, just cry babies whining, mainly light players.

Nothing worse than a crying light pilot, except a whiny assault pilot who needs cheap mechanics in order to hit anything. ;)

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users