56 replies to this topic

#21 KinLuu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:55 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 16 December 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

We fought for your world. And brought hope to your pugs.

All two of them?

Impressive.

#22 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:25 PM

View PostProphetic, on 31 December 2014 - 05:32 PM, said:

I understand that your trying to give us credit for taking the planet but here we go again.

Davion still had one more 12 man vs us on Misery. What could you have done to be in a better position to win? Ghost drops?

I mean it's just coming out all wrong.

Your 12 man of ACES put up a noble fight and we enjoyed our matches vs them. We look forward to future engagements but at some point you might want us slowing the clans and not pulling resources to constantly defend our back.

We could have won more matches or had more units there. Either works.

If tomorrow the biggest merc groups sign with Kurita and you pick up 500 active members I expect you to roll face with them. Are you sating you are going to somehow so your units from seeping with a numerical advantage?

Of course not. Options for winning are a combo of play better, coordinate better, have more troops. You leverage those to win.

#23 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:52 PM

We would need a huge infusion of mercs. I just don't see it happening. Davion borders are relatively safe vs Kurita. Clans are highly active.

We have several fronts and clans have some of the best units in the game.

When I see 39 v 4 24 mins to ceasefire
Posted Image

We have to shift focus off our clan front and stop ghost caps.

I believe that Davion would rather get real drops and stop the clan push but I'm proved wrong on a daily basis.

Edited by Prophetic, 31 December 2014 - 08:52 PM.

#24 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:11 PM

Options for winning are to have more people and that's not gonna happen in this iteration of CW without serious changes in contract payment or revamped mechanics. Kurita is already a small faction, the contract reward confirms what any Kurita loyalist has known for weeks already. We can barely hold the line if Davion only sends a fraction of its units at us, at the expense of giving up territory to the clans.

Tell yourself whatever you want, but don't think anyone but yourself buys the line that Davion doesn't abuse ghost dropping mechanics in this iteration against its neighbors.

I'm going to quote this post from another thread because tonight is following a consistent pattern at all of Davion's borders:

View PostDriftwoood, on 30 December 2014 - 11:40 PM, said:

Where is this post? Can't find anything with the useless forum search function...

So here were tonight's numbers on the Liao / Davion border 2 hrs before cease fire...

TANTARA (bottom of list): Davion attacking with 44 pilots, so 3 units... though they really only needed 1... At ceasefire, the planet was 100%, hope they had fun against the turrets...

MALADAR (top of list): We were attacking with up to 4 units throughout the night (never saw 5 units, but it might have happened), against 5+ Davion defenders... though we got it up to 80% at one point, Davion successfully defended it back to 33% before ceasefire...

While I believed 4 units was enough to prevent being ghost dropped on, I'm now skeptical, as in the course of 1 match (which we successfully defended), the planet went from 60% (9/15) to 33% (5/15) = 4 losses... now, it could be that our group of 8 pushed the number of pilots up to 5 units (60+) and the other 4 teams lost... but I don't know... my unit won 4/5 tonight, all on defense unfortunately... I guess everyone else was getting stomped?

Boy, I wish we could see battle results somewhere on the planet's page to put all this to bed...
Posted Image

Edited by Socop, 31 December 2014 - 09:22 PM.

#25 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:30 PM

Well at least we were lucky enough to get about 3 last min drops and steamrolled through them. We held despite the ghost drop zerg.

Posted Image

#26 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:34 PM

View PostProphetic, on 31 December 2014 - 10:30 PM, said:

Well at least we were lucky enough to get about 3 last min drops and steamrolled through them. We held despite the ghost drop zerg.

Posted Image

You're one to complain. A faction with entire Ghost regiments.

#27 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:57 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 31 December 2014 - 10:34 PM, said:

Sorry. What?

#28 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:19 PM

I admit, that was clever. ;)

View PostProphetic, on 31 December 2014 - 10:57 PM, said:

Sorry. What?
*coughcough*

#29 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:35 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 31 December 2014 - 10:34 PM, said:

Posted Image

#30 Texas Merc

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:17 AM

Davs have no borders with clans and also have the most pop in all of the IS and they choose to ghost drop on their neighbors instead of helping repel the clans

What this means is that once they have pushed back neighboring IS planets to the point that the clans are on their borders guess what will happen?

I will not say it but guess what will happen?

#31 Texas Merc

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:00 AM

ok the reason is that everyone that was house will use their clan mechs to crush the davs

hf with your coordinated turret killing then

makes you think

#32 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:43 AM

Good to see some screenshots of what we know for weeks now.
We had a 10 Win in a row run yesterday on Sadalbari and pusehd it up to 86%. Unfortunately there were no 12Man Davies just small groups of Hhod, AW and so on. Suddenly the % went down despite our wins. Then i checked the queue and it was like 14 attackers against 44 defenders. So for every win from us davies got 2 Ghost Counterattacks. Then we all went to our new year parties and the queue was like 5 Attackers against 40 Defenders. So Davion pushed it back to 46% via ghostattacks.
We all know that we are a small faction and that ghostattacks are a real problem in CW Beta. Of course someone will now come with this really old graphic about the population and Russ Statement about 2-3% Ghostattacks. But this is just pointless. The rewardadjustments made it clear that Kurita is one of the smaller factions atm and Russ 2-3% is pointless as long as we dont have real numbers and just this percent.

I dont blame davion for their high numbers. I just blame them for running around the forum telling/mocking everybody how well coordinated and what kind of true, brave and good warriors they are.
Lets all hope that PGI will get these problems solved as quick as possible and add an european attackphase. If they dont get this fast I think CW will be very quiet and davion will fight turrets the whole time until they meet the clanners.

Edited by Reitmeier, 01 January 2015 - 02:33 AM.

#33 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:26 AM

View PostBonkfire, on 31 December 2014 - 04:18 PM, said:

We in House Davion wish the best to Kurita against the Clans and as long as Kurita does not push our borders we will return the favor. We know pugs and and random mercs can't be controlled but we do our best to maintain the status quo.

U wot m8?

#34 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:33 AM

View PostProphetic, on 31 December 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

We would need a huge infusion of mercs. I just don't see it happening. Davion borders are relatively safe vs Kurita. Clans are highly active.

We have several fronts and clans have some of the best units in the game.

When I see 39 v 4 24 mins to ceasefire
Posted Image

We have to shift focus off our clan front and stop ghost caps.

I believe that Davion would rather get real drops and stop the clan push but I'm proved wrong on a daily basis.

You know what the problem with the Clan border is?

Davion DOES send troops up to defend it. We send 12-mans up to defend it, even during prime hours when we're going after our other interests...

But for every 12-man we send up there that's winning 90%, there are two pug groups that are each losing 90%. The IS massively outnumbers the Clans, so our 12-mans wait through horrendous queue times for the privilege of having their wins mean precisely fuckall.
We, as war planners, can't play the map against the clans. Davion loses its biggest strength (playing the map) when trying to hang onto other factions' planets.

Nobody really attacks the Clan planets, so the Clanners never have anything to lose. Even if they fail to take a planet, that makes them net-zero for the day and they try again tomorrow on exactly the same planet.

You've got to start attacking them, and you've got to do it soon. If you don't, we'll do it for you when we meet them on Luthien.

Frankly, Davion's #1 goal is the protection of Terra from the Clans. We want the Draconis Combine to be able to stop their advance, but to do so you need to start seeing the distinction between Community Warfare and the Invasion game mode.

Community Warfare is the chess game. Invasion games are a yes-or-no check to see whether you're allowed to move a piece.

Edited by StillRadioactive, 01 January 2015 - 02:37 AM.

#35 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:40 AM

Attacking the clanners means that we are leaving our davionborder undefended for you.
So you want to tell me that you not gonna take your profit out of this?

#36 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:50 AM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 01 January 2015 - 02:33 AM, said:

Nobody really attacks the Clan planets, so the Clanners never have anything to lose. Even if they fail to take a planet, that makes them net-zero for the day and they try again tomorrow on exactly the same planet.

This is how Kurita starts every night vs clans before our Euro teams up it even more.

Posted Image

Then, guess what happens? 30-40 Davs ghost drop our butts and we have to respond.
Just think about what side your really on. DO you want IS to beat clans or just benefit from clan spoils?

#37 ice trey

• 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:41 AM

View PostOdins Fist, on 31 December 2014 - 11:36 PM, said:

Them damned jappos

Who wants to break it to this guy that without the Japanese, BattleTech, and therefore MechWarrior, would never have existed?

Edited by ice trey, 01 January 2015 - 04:41 AM.

#38 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:09 AM

View Postice trey, on 01 January 2015 - 04:41 AM, said:

Who wants to break it to this guy that without the Japanese, BattleTech, and therefore MechWarrior, would never have existed?

Quite frankly, after having read what he wrote I wouldn't give him the time of day, never mind an explanation for anything. It would be a waste of time and effort.

#39 Odins Fist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:08 PM

View PostPerfectDuck, on 01 January 2015 - 12:42 AM, said:

Wait is that really racism and homophobia or are you trying to self-satire or something

Racist and homophobic, I love it

Racist and homophobic..??? Where the "F" do you get that from..??

Reading comprehension... GET SOME.

#40 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:16 PM

Not sure what you intended but it came across as both absurdly racist and pretty homophobic. When everyone who reads what you wrote came out of it with that impression maybe you should reevaluate and address it instead of getting defensive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users