#41 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:19 PM

View PostOdins Fist, on 01 January 2015 - 12:08 PM, said:

Racist and homophobic..??? Where the "F" do you get that from..??

Reading comprehension... GET SOME.

We get that from your entire OT post. You want to post some cap about WWII, go to some other site. That stuff has nothing to do with BT or this thread.

#42 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:26 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 01 January 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

We get that from your entire OT post. You want to post some cap about WWII, go to some other site. That stuff has nothing to do with BT or this thread.

Just report him and let the mods take care of it.

#43 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:12 PM

May I propose reading this post I just made?

I am certain we can put our old squabbles behind us and turn our attention to CGB instead.

The Merc Units representing the FRR are here to coordinate and focus against a common enemy. We hope House Kurita are willing to cooperate quickly to take advantage of this window of opportunity.

#44 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:17 PM

The first rule to remember when you find yourself in a hole of your own making is to stop digging.

#45 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:22 PM

:lol:
You keep using that shovel!

#46 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:31 PM

Way too much projecting in that last post. Dig dig dig dig dig.....

Edited by Alexander Steel, 01 January 2015 - 05:31 PM.

#47 TJ Saint

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:39 PM

Dropped with pugs, and a couple OFF guys defending a world of yours from the SJ's. Was sort of disappointed not more of you guys were fighting in the Coordinator's honor, but whatev's. We won. http://imgur.com/KZBoOLH And if you guys aren't even going to show up to defend your territory, then what's the point in "Aid to the Kuritas?"

Edited by TJ Saint, 02 January 2015 - 07:28 AM.

#48 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:18 AM

View PostTJ Saint, on 01 January 2015 - 07:39 PM, said:

Dropped with pugs, and a couple OFF guys defending a world of yours from the SJ's. Was sort of disappointed not more of you guys were fighting in the Coordinator's honor, but whatev's. We won. http://imgur.com/KZBoOLH And if you guys aren't even going to show up to defend your territory, then what's the point in "Aid to the Kuritas?"

I watched 5-6 Davions at a time "defending" a Kurita world from the Jaguars earlier this morning. Generally, that simply involved shooting at Clanners, dying, and repeating the process.

Apparently, they make excellent, safe training grounds where victory gives you Kuritan money, losses remove Kurita worlds and morale, and not a meter of Davion soil is threatened in the process.

I say let the Clans have a corridor all the way through to Davion and let them reap what their incompetence helped to sow. Perhaps the Federated Suns believes having Marik, the Confederation, and the Combine as enemies is insufficient entertainment.

#49 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:56 PM

View Postwanderer, on 02 January 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

I watched 5-6 Davions at a time "defending" a Kurita world from the Jaguars earlier this morning. Generally, that simply involved shooting at Clanners, dying, and repeating the process.

Apparently, they make excellent, safe training grounds where victory gives you Kuritan money, losses remove Kurita worlds and morale, and not a meter of Davion soil is threatened in the process.

I say let the Clans have a corridor all the way through to Davion and let them reap what their incompetence helped to sow. Perhaps the Federated Suns believes having Marik, the Confederation, and the Combine as enemies is insufficient entertainment.

Frustratingly I see that from every faction on every border. I dislike it immensely but the brutal fact seems to be that nobody cares about someone elses border. I've stopped pugging the Clan border until the stocking stuffer event is over; it's largely a waste of time.

#50 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:10 PM

How would you even begin to stop that as long as the IS can defend on any world that's being invaded by the clans. Or in another way, why should I as a Davion player not go for points and money when "defending" Kurita or FRR worlds? I'm not talking about taking a dive and dropping out of the match, but going for solo points over objective points that don't really return the same rewards. The game is entirely stacked to encourage this very thing.

Edited by Alexander Steel, 02 January 2015 - 04:11 PM.

#51 TJ Saint

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:58 AM

View Postwanderer, on 02 January 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

Really? We mopped the floor with the grey walrusses. Just because we Davion mercs refuse to fight Liao because we are forced to look elsewhere for equals doesn't mean you need to berate us for ignoring you guys does it? Am I missing something? Not to mention that EVERY time I drop to defend Kurita borders THERE ARE NEVER ANY KURITA's HELPING!!!!!!@!!!!!!!!

#52 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:06 AM

View PostTJ Saint, on 03 January 2015 - 12:58 AM, said:

Really? We mopped the floor with the grey walrusses. Just because we Davion mercs refuse to fight Liao because we are forced to look elsewhere for equals doesn't mean you need to berate us for ignoring you guys does it? Am I missing something? Not to mention that EVERY time I drop to defend Kurita borders THERE ARE NEVER ANY KURITA's HELPING!!!!!!@!!!!!!!!

Can only speak for last night, but there were 60+ defenders and attackers on Outer Volta (approx 4 hours before ceasefire) so the groups I was with could only assume that there was enough people there and focused on other worlds.

#53 MahKraah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 192 posts
  • LocationSaffel Dierondistrict

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:49 AM

View PostTJ Saint, on 03 January 2015 - 12:58 AM, said:

doing organised defense on the clan front directly translates into worlds lost to davion
and on contrast, for every match we might successfully defend vs the clans there are 3 matches lost by non kuritan pugs that dont care about the objective.
now guess where the kurita house troops fight

#54 TJ Saint

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:39 PM

View PostMahKraah, on 03 January 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

doing organised defense on the clan front directly translates into worlds lost to davion
and on contrast, for every match we might successfully defend vs the clans there are 3 matches lost by non kuritan pugs that dont care about the objective.
now guess where the kurita house troops fight

They are fighting Davion and losing worlds to the clans. So, the smart thing would be to attempt a cease fire with Davion and hold back the clans. Or keep whining about how no one is helping Kurita defend against the clans. That works too, right? BTW, out of the three matches I defended KURITA territory, we only lost two, and one of those was the direct fault of KURITA pugs being scared to attack the CSJ generators. They literally wanted to just hide in our own drop point, leaving ten attackers to assault a base defended by a CSJ ten-man, it was ridiculous.
My smarmy retort aside, I, personally, do not want to see Kurita lose worlds to the clans. I can't speak for the rest of the Merc units fighting for Davion, or for those pledged directly to Davion, something which I voted against when my unit polled our members about whom we should support. That being said, there is a discussion amongst the rest of the houses about the possible mechanics and effects of an IS ceasefire in order to concentrate our forces against clans, something which I support. Unfortunately, last time I checked in on the discussion, Kurita supporters were noticeably absent. Granted, that was three days ago, so things may have changed. However, judging by the "oh, poor me" attitude affected by many Kuritans, I doubt it.

Edited by TJ Saint, 04 January 2015 - 04:51 PM.

#55 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:47 PM

The horse hockey won't end till ghost drops are massively devalued or rendered void.

#56 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:13 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 04 January 2015 - 07:47 PM, said:

The horse hockey won't end till ghost drops are massively devalued or rendered void.

At which point, factions simply stop defending. The queues depopulate because there are no fights to be had, and CW dies.

#57 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:43 PM

All that's actually needed would be to ensure that a battle is only launched when there are sufficient players for both sides ready to pilot their 'mechs, whilst simultaneously ensuring that people would actually queue for a match...

Any planet marked as "contested" on the map gets an attacker and defender queue. As soon as a certain number of players from the attacking faction have queued for assault, and if the amount of defenders already queued has not yet reached a certain threshold, an alert is put out to queue for defence - first to all players of the defending faction, then to allied/friendly nations, then to unaligned mercenaries.

A system of rewards will be in place to incentivize certain actions, such as a "Rapid Response" bonus for people reacting to an alert, or a "First In" bonus for the first X players who managed to get into a fight, as well as small stipends for simply spending time waiting in one of the queues.

From those two queues per planet (which are dynamic, meaning that players will keep entering and leaving depending on the time they have available), the matchmaker will then attempt to set up proper battles. Certain handicaps such as a dis-favorable matchmaking ratio or the battle featuring PUGs vs Premades (which may occur if the amount of players on one or both queues is lower than recommended) will be factored into the battle results and may mean that a weaker team's defeat only costs their faction's control over the world, say, 0.5 points, or if a weaker team wins then this victory counts as 1.5 points instead of just 1.

There would also be no time-limited phases - a planet will remain contested as long as it takes the attacking faction to capture it, or the defending faction to reassert control. To represent this, contested worlds start out with a 50/50 control ratio. The faction that manages to push its control rating above a certain threshold wins. This means that planets may stay contested for days or perhaps even weeks, as the factions throw ever more players at them, launching ever more battles to decide its fate. The important thing is that the amount of players engaged in this fight does not actually affect the chance of victory - only their quality does. So one side-effect would be the House leadership working to make sure that, ideally, important battles are fought by veteran units, whilst PUGs and smaller units may either supplement this effort or hold/expand less important fronts, all depending on how many players a faction has to spare and how many players an enemy is sending against them.

To prevent the defender from simply stopping to defend and thus lock down an attempted conquest, a certain minimum number of battles would have to be fought each hour to prevent the enemy from scoring "free" points, and once again an alert will be used to draw the attention of available players if such a situation is close.
Should the unthinkable happen and several hours (6?) would pass without at least one battle being launched in spite of a sufficient number of attackers being present in the queue, then the planet flips immediately.
Once a contested planet has either been conquered or fortified, it goes into lockdown and cannot attacked again for X days.

Yes, this would almost certainly result in longer queue waiting times for overpopulated factions (as now they'd actually have to face an enemy), but with this also an incentive to move to smaller ones. Besides, at least this way you actually get to play the game and blow up 'mechs.

Most notably, this does away with silly ghost drops, and I feel it would lessen the issue of a "last hour rush", simply because there is no last hour.

I'm writing this up shortly before going to sleep, so I'm almost certain I may have missed some minor detail, but all in all I feel this is an example of an alternative that would actually work without discriminating against smaller factions. Or people in Non-US timezones.

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 04 January 2015 - 10:48 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users