Community Waiting Online

39 replies to this topic

#21 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:16 PM

Scroll up and you have your answer, Sparky.
10 minutes #DoingItWrong

#22 Darth Mech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:19 PM

View PostOdins Fist, on 18 December 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

Pick the right planet.

No, CW should not be a snipe hunt.

The MM should be matching folks with attack / defense points, putting folks into games, instead of folks trying to make the MM work and finding games if they're lucky.

The MM is not doing its job. If PGI had any common sense, they would have foreseen (based on what they know about their player base) what needed to be done to make CW battles happen in a timely manner. This is a total fiasco on their part.

Unless they were aiming, once again, for the minimally viable possible, and if that is the case, then they succeeded once again to barely weasel themselves under the lowest possible bar.

Edited by Darth Mech, 18 December 2014 - 05:30 PM.

#23 Darth Mech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:43 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 17 December 2014 - 11:56 PM, said:

Wait 5 minutes, cancel
Launch again. Match

Works every time.

No, it doesn't. Stop spreading this BS. How much did Russ pay you to come back from the Island, Beer?

#24 R Razor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:44 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 18 December 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

Scroll up and you have your answer, Sparky.
10 minutes #DoingItWrong

Yeah, apparently picking them based on PGI's pop ups is wrong and you have it right..........maybe you should be the game designer.

#25 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:02 AM

View PostDarth Mech, on 18 December 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:

No, it doesn't. Stop spreading this BS. How much did Russ pay you to come back from the Island, Beer?

LOL, ok, so I haven't waited more than 10 minutes for a match in 5 days and I'm lying.

Sorry, my anecdotal evidence > yours

#26 GryHwk

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:38 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 18 December 2014 - 04:00 AM, said:

Join a group.

If you're not part of a unit that can field constant 12 man groups, you're NOT the target audience for PGI. Keep that in mind. The only people that matter to them are the organized units that keep shoveling money at them, regardless of what they do.

Pfft....I have shoveled a good hunk of my hard earned money at them..have dropped a good amout onf money on the preorders... sooo money isn't an issue.... my trangression is that I CHOSE to be a Lone Wolf.... (translations Lone Wolf: Bend over and take it if you want to play in this game.)

#27 Zepster

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:20 AM

It it really kind of comincal. People are dropping solo in a TEAM focused game and complaining about not finding matches. If you don't want to join a unit that's fine but there are plenty of ways to find enough players of the same faction (crap there's that team thing again what a dirty word) to still fine enough players to get matches.

#28 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:58 AM

"BETA"

#29 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts
  • LocationTerra, Sol System

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:53 AM

I have an idea that might make the wait times shorter for all. it can be found on this thread post #7 on the first page. http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

#30 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:33 AM

View PostTruthstar, on 17 December 2014 - 08:21 PM, said:

Player controlled lobbies.

And don't forget. Those Players that are in Control (started or got in lobby first), will want to SEE your Drop Deck before they allowed you to play with them. They will also demand they be given a Kick button. All great stuff for incoming new players. ;)

View PostMAX3D2, on 17 December 2014 - 09:49 PM, said:

Out of the frustration of waiting and getting 2 matches in 2 hours I quit for the night. I have better things to do than wait 3 years and 240$ invested then to have the roll out of CW to be like this. SAD!!! Star Citizen is going to kill this game.

LOL! SC might indeed. But until it is actually a playable Game, well... Good luck on the other side of "that" Fence.

#31 MAX3D2

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:14 PM

THEN FIX IT

#32 Livestick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 107 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:32 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 18 December 2014 - 04:00 AM, said:

Join a group.

If you're not part of a unit that can field constant 12 man groups, you're NOT the target audience for PGI. Keep that in mind. The only people that matter to them are the organized units that keep shoveling money at them, regardless of what they do.

That's both foolish and shortsighted. We solo players put a lot of money into this game too. If they start making it unreasonably difficult for us to find games, that money is going to start going elsewhere.

#33 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:53 PM

View PostLivestick, on 19 December 2014 - 06:32 PM, said:

That's both foolish and shortsighted. We solo players put a lot of money into this game too. If they start making it unreasonably difficult for us to find games, that money is going to start going elsewhere.

That's ok, those of us who are in groups and influence/are influenced by those we play with will more than pick up the slack.

#34 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:08 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 19 December 2014 - 08:53 PM, said:

That's ok, those of us who are in groups and influence/are influenced by those we play with will more than pick up the slack.

Not likely but you can dream if you want............of course what's even more foolish and shortsighted is your ASSumption that because someone has a complaint about how long it takes to get into a CW match they must ONLY play solo and NEVER in a team. But hey, I've been around awhile, I'd expect nothing else from ya.

#35 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:09 PM

View PostR Razor, on 19 December 2014 - 09:08 PM, said:

Not likely but you can dream if you want............of course what's even more foolish and shortsighted is your ASSumption that because someone has a complaint about how long it takes to get into a CW match they must ONLY play solo and NEVER in a team. But hey, I've been around awhile, I'd expect nothing else from ya.

Did you read the part where they said they were a solo player?

Nah, figured not, reading comprehension seems to be a consistent issue with you.

#36 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:13 PM

Please, continue to show your ignorance, it's good for the forum for folks to know who is worth paying attention to and who isn't.

#37 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:14 PM

View PostR Razor, on 19 December 2014 - 09:13 PM, said:

Please, continue to show your ignorance, it's good for the forum for folks to know who is worth paying attention to and who isn't.

LOL
Says the guy who just made himself look foolish. You're right, keep on prattling on.

#38 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:18 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 19 December 2014 - 09:14 PM, said:

LOL
Says the guy who just made himself look foolish. You're right, keep on prattling on.

The only thing foolish in this thread is the infantile Elite Founder telling people to go play other modes rather than providing useful information to folks obviously having issues with a feature in CW..........and then continuing to show his infantile attitude by trying to defend his earlier actions and compounding that by displaying a distinct lack of common courtesy.

#39 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:22 PM

View PostR Razor, on 19 December 2014 - 09:18 PM, said:

The only thing foolish in this thread is the infantile Elite Founder telling people to go play other modes rather than providing useful information to folks obviously having issues with a feature in CW..........and then continuing to show his infantile attitude by trying to defend his earlier actions and compounding that by displaying a distinct lack of common courtesy.

Funny that you say that, since a quick scan of the thread shows that I was the only one that gave simple, useful advice that works, while everyone is was having a tantrum or saying "Join a group".

I had an ex-wife like you, always had to have the last word, no matter how horribly wrong she was. Thing I learned from that was to just laugh and walk away.

So, by all means, continue.

#40 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:23 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 19 December 2014 - 09:22 PM, said:

Funny that you say that, since a quick scan of the thread shows that I was the only one that gave simple, useful advice that works, while everyone is was having a tantrum or saying "Join a group".

I had an ex-wife like you, always had to have the last word, no matter how horribly wrong she was. Thing I learned from that was to just laugh and walk away.

So, by all means, continue.

Please, continue with your meaningless insults...........or, don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya. See ya on the battlefield, assuming PGI ever gets it working right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users