The Butte

76 replies to this topic

#21 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:54 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 18 December 2014 - 04:44 AM, said:

Im not sure why you guys think that.

Does not surprise me.

#22 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:00 AM

View PostRustyBolts, on 18 December 2014 - 04:51 AM, said:

So Lords cannot help defend other Clan planets when they have rolled Steiner?

It's CW beta, nothing you or we do matters this map is going to be reset probably multiple times.

Your assuming you can attack terra. Last I checked it was under PGI control and you have no idea what they have planned.
Your also trying to force people to play how you want with the clans allied pushing to terra.

At this point in beta it's a giant waste of time. Play games against people, find balance issues, make what will eventually be the live version better.

Getting salty because people attack you in CW Beta is pretty dumb IMO

#23 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:03 AM

Good work Clan Wolf!

#24 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:04 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 18 December 2014 - 05:00 AM, said:

It's CW beta, nothing you or we do matters this map is going to be reset probably multiple times.

Sounded to me on Town Hall yesterday that they would not reset it and just let it run. Hmm.

Your assuming you can attack terra. Last I checked it was under PGI control and you have no idea what they have planned.
Your also trying to force people to play how you want with the clans allied pushing to terra.

Interestingly enough with the behavior and actions of LORD, you are doing the exact same thing.

At this point in beta it's a giant waste of time. Play games against people, find balance issues, make what will eventually be the live version better.

Ok. That goes both ways.

And thank you for agreeing to that. ;)

#25 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:09 AM

I agree. PGI will never allow any faction to take Terra. However, what is wrong with the Lords helping others? I have asked this question many times from Lords members and none have ever answered. Is this a unit rule? Do you feel it is beneath you to help another Clan? I am not trying to be an ass, just trying to understand why the Lords do not help anyone who is not a Lord.

I also agree about getting upset about losing a planet. Which is why I find it funny that some Lords members are upset we took Butte back. If we used a tactic that is not in line with what PGI wants, they will change the game mechanic, just like in the next patch to help deter a base rush and spawn camping. Both tactics used by Lords.

#26 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:17 AM

View PostVincent V., on 18 December 2014 - 05:04 AM, said:

Interestingly enough with the behavior and actions of LORD, you are doing the exact same thing.

Ok. That goes both ways.

And thank you for agreeing to that. ;)

We're heading south in the hope we will eventually open up a slim front with more units be it Kurita FRR GB more people to play is a good thing.

#27 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:19 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 18 December 2014 - 05:17 AM, said:

We're heading south in the hope we will eventually open up a slim front with more units be it Kurita FRR GB more people to play is a good thing.

The only way to do that is to push through Clan units or beat Clan units south and cut across, blocking other Clans. Seems selfish to me.

#28 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:23 AM

View PostRustyBolts, on 18 December 2014 - 05:09 AM, said:

I agree. PGI will never allow any faction to take Terra. However, what is wrong with the Lords helping others? I have asked this question many times from Lords members and none have ever answered. Is this a unit rule? Do you feel it is beneath you to help another Clan? I am not trying to be an ass, just trying to understand why the Lords do not help anyone who is not a Lord.

I also agree about getting upset about losing a planet. Which is why I find it funny that some Lords members are upset we took Butte back. If we used a tactic that is not in line with what PGI wants, they will change the game mechanic, just like in the next patch to help deter a base rush and spawn camping. Both tactics used by Lords.

We helped SJ on Turtle Bay the other day. But what happens to other clans is not really our concern.

People who are posting here aren't upset at losing a virtual dot. It's the way wolf were avoiding combat, however you want to flower it up your intention was to run the clock down to obtain free wins for your other groups.

If nobody was defending the planet that's different but people were so avoiding combat is pretty poor.

#29 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:26 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 18 December 2014 - 05:23 AM, said:

We helped SJ on Turtle Bay the other day. But what happens to other clans is not really our concern.

Finally an answer and what appears to be an honest one. Nice to see that you do help others, but also a concern that you dont really care about the other Clans.

View PostDV McKenna, on 18 December 2014 - 05:23 AM, said:

so avoiding combat is pretty poor.

So is the constant verbal attacks your unit does against others.

#30 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:26 AM

View PostRustyBolts, on 18 December 2014 - 05:19 AM, said:

The only way to do that is to push through Clan units or beat Clan units south and cut across, blocking other Clans. Seems selfish to me.

Like you we don't know what planets will become available to attack. As we go south the corridor gets slimmer. We may end up with planets fairly close together.

pgi doesn't seem to be giving us a wide corridor.

#31 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:29 AM

View PostRustyBolts, on 18 December 2014 - 05:26 AM, said:

Finally an answer and what appears to be an honest one. Nice to see that you do help others, but also a concern that you dont really care about the other Clans.

So is the constant verbal attacks your unit does against others.

As Clans you should be strong enough to stand on your own two feet. If not then perhaps other Clans will take your place.

People give as good as they get, and if you don't like it turn your chat off. People say mean things on the interwebs it happens.

#32 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:30 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 18 December 2014 - 05:26 AM, said:

Like you we don't know what planets will become available to attack. As we go south the corridor gets slimmer. We may end up with planets fairly close together.

Well, if you look at the Lore. Clans did not really attacked a lot of planet but most of them only attacked the planets good for rush toward Terra.

View PostDV McKenna, on 18 December 2014 - 05:29 AM, said:

As Clans you should be strong enough to stand on your own two feet. If not then perhaps other Clans will take your place.

People give as good as they get, and if you don't like it turn your chat off. People say mean things on the interwebs it happens.

So because you can turn off the chat mean the insult are tolerable and should be accepted?
Heck no.

I don't know what is the dumbest. To being douchebags, or defend the douchebags.

Edited by KuroNyra, 18 December 2014 - 05:31 AM.

#33 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:38 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 18 December 2014 - 05:26 AM, said:

Got it, but you knew when you signed up to be a Jade Falcon, you were not going to be able to fight anyone other than Steiner for IS or possible FRR. If you wanted to fight Kurita, you either scew over the entire faction (Clans) by forceing your way across Clan space, or you switch to CSJ.

Which we did. We were pushing south, but two fellow clans got bored and hit us in the ass. So we stopped pushing south and are taking our planets back, but now those two clans are upset that we are doing it.

It does, but if someone came up to you in person and said these things to your face, would your response be to turn around and walk off or respond? Just because there is a screen between two people does not give them a right to be a shitstick

#34 w00tzor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationMechlab

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:38 AM

View PostRustyBolts, on 18 December 2014 - 05:35 AM, said:

Got it, but you knew when you signed up to be a Jade Falcon, you were not going to be able to fight anyone other than Steiner for IS or possible FRR. If you wanted to fight Kurita, you either scew over the entire faction (Clans) by forceing your way across Clan space, or you switch to CSJ.

I think that his point is: it's impossible to get a match. We log in, we play for 1 hour and our steiner planet is at 11w, then we can't find a game on it anymore and can't do anything else except for trying to get Icar to get another vector on the IS. So, is the CW only 1 hour each day? :P

#35 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:45 AM

View Postw00tzor, on 18 December 2014 - 05:38 AM, said:

I think that his point is: it's impossible to get a match. We log in, we play for 1 hour and our steiner planet is at 11w, then we can't find a game on it anymore and can't do anything else except for trying to get Icar to get another vector on the IS. So, is the CW only 1 hour each day? :P

i feel for you - really.
11w in an hour? :unsure: :blink: - maybe you should make it more challenging for you - you are Clan you strife for challanges: try using only Thor Nova and Kit Foxes

#36 w00tzor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationMechlab

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:48 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 18 December 2014 - 05:45 AM, said:

i feel for you - really.
11w in an hour? :unsure: :blink: - maybe you should make it more challenging for you - you are Clan you strife for challanges: try using only Thor Nova and Kit Foxes

I am running an Adder already.

#37 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:48 AM

View Postw00tzor, on 18 December 2014 - 05:38 AM, said:

I understand this and I hope PGI fixes it. However, that is not what was said. He said he wanted to fight CGB and Kurita. If that is what he wanted then he should have picked CSJ as his faction.

#38 w00tzor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationMechlab

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:52 AM

View PostRustyBolts, on 18 December 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

I understand this and I hope PGI fixes it. However, that is not what was said. He said he wanted to fight CGB and Kurita. If that is what he wanted then he should have picked CSJ as his faction.

CSJ is suffering even bigger problems than CJF. Atm in CJF there are some units that are carrying the pugs to get the planets, but the population is very limited. CSJdoes not even have many units playing for them.

#39 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:55 AM

Good job trothkins! It is great to hear that the Clan as a whole united to take back was it is rightfully ours.

Btw, why we do not just ask PGI to modify the algorithm to give each Clan 2 planets to attack in the Inner Sphere instead of one?

#40 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:55 AM

View Postw00tzor, on 18 December 2014 - 05:52 AM, said:

CSJ is suffering even bigger problems than CJF. Atm in CJF there are some units that are carrying the pugs to get the planets, but the population is very limited. CSJdoes not even have many units playing for them.

I know this and I was helping to defend their planets, but I had to stop helping them because CJF and CGB decided they would rather attack CW instead of helping out CSJ. I signed up for the Clans because I wanted to fight IS, but I am spending more time fighting fellow Clans than IS the last week.

If CJF and CGB are bored, they can still fight IS by helping those Clans that have planets under attack until they can attack an IS planet themselves.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users