19 replies to this topic

#1 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,062 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:27 AM

Rasalhague flatout cannot be captured. As it is high up on the map and right of center it unfairly roadblocks the Bears and Jaguars in the very fun race to Terra.

Orestes is much closer to the invasion centerline and would be the natural convergence point of the various invasion corridors. It was the capital of the FRR rump state prior to merger with the Bears as well.

Edited by Spheroid, 18 December 2014 - 12:28 AM.

#2 RAM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,019 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:49 AM

Tukayyid

RAM
ELH

#3 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:52 AM

Random FRR Politican said:

Dear God

can you do me a favour and push our beloved capitol planet somewhere else, evil white Furries are at the doorstep.

GOD said:

Dear Moron,

I don't have time for this sh*t because I am busy counting the souls that arrive here daily because you guys have nothing better to do than bombing your kind to trash since centuries.

I don't think the capitol will block anything, since the path is anyways given by PGI and so they will just go and claim terrain around it.

Edited by Lily from animove, 18 December 2014 - 01:53 AM.

#4 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:59 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 18 December 2014 - 01:52 AM, said:

I don't think the capitol will block anything, since the path is anyways given by PGI and so they will just go and claim terrain around it.

He's more tactful than I remember.

#5 Accused

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 989 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:17 AM

As long as the FRR cannot attack from there.

#6 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:32 AM

View PostAccused, on 18 December 2014 - 03:17 AM, said:

As long as the FRR cannot attack from there.

that is another question, because it would actually mean you alway have to defend a planet in your bakcd, whiich does of course suck.
yet once the FRR is wiped they will only have the capitol form which they can try to attack. But then again, they have to rely on PGI, because they cna not properly choose a tactical way of "escaping" by triyng to escap-battle into kurita terrain or such.

I guess FRR has the worst setup in the entire CW.

#7 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:32 AM

Actually, OP, there's a better choice.....since you're requesting PGI completely re-write the timeline with regard to FRR.

Move your Capitol to Sian or possibly even somewhere in the Magistracy of Canopus. The Clans NEVER get anywhere near there.

Now, granted, the Capellans and the Canopians might have a problem with you putting your nation's capitol in their territory.....but, if PGI says it's "ok," they really can't do anything about it.

You really should suggest this to Russ on Twitter.

#8 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:53 AM

the faction should be able to vote on where to put it once the enemy get close enough to the capital

Edited by Tennex, 18 December 2014 - 04:17 AM.

#9 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:10 AM

A capitol is not even bound to a location, If its conquered and can not be claimed back a new one would be established afetr some time.

CW is dynamic and kinda simulating faction combat, so factions should also behave a lot more dynamic.

Imagine Kurita would conquer half of Davion, while the jaguars and bears conquer large parts of Kuritas former terrain, then they would for security reasons probably change the location of their capital.

What we need is some ingame vote systems where every player belonging to the faction at a specific loyality rank should be allowed to do some political decisions. So when enough high ranked players decide kurita has a ceasefire with davion, the planets at those borders get disabled for attacks. And they can also choose a new capitol or the cirridor the next plants to attakc will be.

#10 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:16 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 18 December 2014 - 04:10 AM, said:

A capitol is not even bound to a location, If its conquered and can not be claimed back a new one would be established afetr some time.

CW is dynamic and kinda simulating faction combat, so factions should also behave a lot more dynamic.

Imagine Kurita would conquer half of Davion, while the jaguars and bears conquer large parts of Kuritas former terrain, then they would for security reasons probably change the location of their capital.

What we need is some ingame vote systems where every player belonging to the faction at a specific loyality rank should be allowed to do some political decisions. So when enough high ranked players decide kurita has a ceasefire with davion, the planets at those borders get disabled for attacks. And they can also choose a new capitol or the cirridor the next plants to attakc will be.

they are just afraid that if the capitol is allowed to be taken, a faction can be completetly wipd out.. .

the capitol is just their way of providing an invulnerable spawning point for a faction.

Which is silly in the case of FRR because if bear ends up taking FRR like they are supposed to. They will always have to deal with peeps spawning from within ghost bear territory - the FRR capitol. It would be annoying.

Edited by Tennex, 18 December 2014 - 04:17 AM.

#11 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:42 AM

View PostTennex, on 18 December 2014 - 04:16 AM, said:

they are just afraid that if the capitol is allowed to be taken, a faction can be completetly wipd out.. .

the capitol is just their way of providing an invulnerable spawning point for a faction.

Which is silly in the case of FRR because if bear ends up taking FRR like they are supposed to. They will always have to deal with peeps spawning from within ghost bear territory - the FRR capitol. It would be annoying.

they could make this point the last planet a faction has.

#12 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:41 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 18 December 2014 - 03:32 AM, said:

No one should be surprised by that. :lol:

"We're outnumbered ten to one here, but still, I love the odds ... We will sacrifice them one by one, send them up to the Gods!"

;)

#13 Felix7007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:37 AM

Scared bro?

#14 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:39 AM

They should move the capital to Kaetetôã. ^_^

#15 buckX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationShut down on a heat vent

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:49 AM

Honestly, I see no reason for an invulnerable spawn point. If you get wiped out, then you could just continue to play as FRR rebels. Rebels would have no planets to defend, but would get random attack planets in their ethnic region, that is, from among the planets they held day 0. You could either give them 1 attack planet selected randomly from their ethnic region, or have 1 attack planet against each faction that holds territory in the FRR ethnic region.

Edited by buckX, 18 December 2014 - 11:49 AM.

#16 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:09 PM

that is another question, because it would actually mean you alway have to defend a planet in your bakcd, whiich does of course suck.

Of course we could go the 'realism' route and have you deal with revolts, sabotage, and rebellion on every single planet you capture… :D

#17 Adamski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:56 PM

Remember, all the Clans are making a bee line for Terra. They aren't going to swallow all of Kurita / Steiner, because that would be a distraction from their goal of Terra.

Also, the Clans are stopped at Tukkayyid, at which point I'm guessing the CW map resets. (FRR will still have 4 planets at that point).

#18 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:03 PM

Also, the Clans are stopped at Tukkayyid, at which point I'm guessing the CW map resets

Tukkayyid was just a proxy battle for Terra though.

Although ironically had they never agreed to Tukkayyid they easily wouldve captured Terra.

Edited by Khobai, 18 December 2014 - 02:04 PM.

#19 Adamski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:24 PM

They lost 2 proxy battles and won 1 and tied another, but would have won the real battle? (And those were the 4 strongest Clans, as they won the right to invade against the other clans)

Then they almost lost an entire clan to the counter attack?

Oh sweet summer child, you have no idea what war truly looks like.

#20 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:40 PM

Yeah, but thats also the fun!
Lore-wise, thats supposed to happen, FRR got rolled.

Im not particularly upset about it. Part of why i like FRR.

View PostBagheera, on 18 December 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

No one should be surprised by that. :lol:

"We're outnumbered ten to one here, but still, I love the odds ... We will sacrifice them one by one, send them up to the Gods!"

;)

Amon Amarth

Official Half-Time entertainment for the FRR.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users