Balance

49 replies to this topic

#21 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:06 AM

I wonder if the OP realizes that the very moment CW launches "live" that it's attachment to lore (moving forward) will be tenuous at best, and will only follow major events as PGI sees fit?

You're in an alternate Universe now, and suffering the effects from 2 years of "OMGZ NERF NOW"

#22 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:06 AM

Don't get it .. map has hardly moved in what 9 days?

No idea how the territory to be attacked is decided but so far of the 2 we always have 1 clan to attack , so potentially you get to move 1 planet a day assuming no one gets it back or you don't lose some as well.

But in essence CW is not much different from regular games with the 4 mech selection and drops aside. Gets very boring very quickly (anything repetitive does), and even if they can add different game modes they too will suffer.

#23 KraftySOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:08 AM

View PostSandpit, on 19 December 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

nah, PGI really isn't listening to this kind of stuff when it comes to CW and it's great.

They are, however, listening to the record breaking numbers on servers, the overwhelming amount of positive feedback in general across the board, and not making knee jerk reactions.

CW will shape up nicely I think

I sure as hell hope not.

I was pretty impressed with it when I first played it after it dropped early. Id like the ghost drops to not actually have to drop, thats kind of annoying. It could just flip a territory or token or whatever theyre calling them now on a timer. Actually dropping seems superfluous.

People immediately lost their heads, didnt read anything, refused to get on TS, ignored the faction forums, complained it was all broken, everyone was better than them, the clans AND IS are OP, maps are terrible, wah wah wah.

Mind blowing.

Someone whined that people were "abusing" Team Speak.

I dont even know how to respond to that kind of [Redacted].

People are now complaining planets arent changing hands fast enough, while the FRR complains about its capital falling soon, or it being a thorn in Ghost Bears side perpertually...not realizing at this rate, there will be no more IS in about 4 months.

Resets have their own whole host of issues...and this damned community said they didnt want Seasons...but now are defacto whining about how there wont be seasons.

The map NOT moving dramatically, is what is supposed to happen, without seasons...which is what people asked for.

[Redacted]

Edited by John Wolf, 19 December 2014 - 11:27 AM.
Unconstructive - Comment on topic, not players.

#24 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:08 AM

View PostPanzerbjorn, on 19 December 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

This is not like EVE where there's always "CareBearLand".

You've never played EVE, have you? Or if you have you've had a very fortunate, sheltered EVE career. If you think nothing bad ever happens in hi-sec, you haven't been paying attention.

If your whole argument is "because Goons" then you need to find a better argument.

#25 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:10 AM

View PostKharnZor, on 19 December 2014 - 11:04 AM, said:

At that rate how long would the clans take to reach terra?
Cause i only got a little over a week left with my contract to clan wolf so i'd appreciate it if all clanners would hurry up :lol:

63 days,

Its taking 2 days for JF to take a planet.

There are 130 planets roughly, depending on the path PGI takes, from JF territory where they started, to Terra.

Do the math.

And what did PGI want originally 3 month seasons...

What did the community not want....

What will happen in 2 and a half months from now?

Reset.

Season 1 down.

[Redacted]

Edited by John Wolf, 19 December 2014 - 11:27 AM.
Unconstructive

#26 GentlemanBryan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 210 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:13 AM

At some point PGI might have to consider adding AI mechs to protect the boarders. AI mechs will keep the live community on guard and very active.

#27 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:14 AM

And seriously if this is supposed to keep going for...years...and the community didnt want seasons.

How exactly do you both have the map move quickly, yet not have constant resets.

[Redacted]

Edited by John Wolf, 19 December 2014 - 11:28 AM.
Unconstructive

#28 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:14 AM

Simple board gaming could fix some of this.

First they need more planets open BUT make some more valuable than others.

Give each planet a point value. Give each planet 1 or more routes to other planets.

More valuable planets net more points and travel routes. Small planets less points and routes but may form routes around natural choke points.

Should a planets get completely surrounded and all its travel lanes cut off, if falls to the faction that surrounded it.

Should 3 factions(or more) fight over the same planet, it could be left vacant once the defender is ousted.

Planetary points are tallied weekly and a reward system could be in place.

Should be a simple fix that can be elaborated upon later.

#29 Panzerbjorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 152 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:15 AM

View PostKraftySOT, on 19 December 2014 - 10:55 AM, said:

I dont think you know what zero sum means.

You are correct sir, but it makes for a more interesting topic name. B)

And also alludes to the fact that nothing really changes hands - at the end of the day everything is equal.

Intentional misappropriation.

#30 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:20 AM

More open places to attack is more diffused playerbase, means longer waits.

#31 Panzerbjorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 152 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:21 AM

View PostKharnZor, on 19 December 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

Have you even played eve?
In eve nowhere is safe. If you think highsec is safe then you really havent played eve.

I pilot Motherships in nullsec and Freighters in hisec. So yeah, I've been around EVE for a while. If you have, you know how long it takes to train to level 5 in those skills. Also: never lost a Freighter in hisec. And never lost a Jump Freighter in nullsec. If you've lost valuable ships in hisec, then you're a fscking idiot, plain and simple. lrn2carebear

#32 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:24 AM

View Postoldradagast, on 19 December 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

The irony of you of all people complaining that OTHER people are reading posts before commenting...

Lol - I appreciate the free entertainment!

your trolling REALLY needs polish dude. You're not even entertaining anymore. You're just kinda sad to watch flail around offering nothing even remotely on topic.

Anyhow, the game progresses as fast as the players want it to in all actuality. It's completely player driven. If your faction isn't taking planets "fast enough", then get to talking to players in other factions and units and form alliances and have common goals. Talk to the bigger units in the other clans and make alliances so you can drive through IS planets faster.

#33 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:26 AM

View PostInspectorG, on 19 December 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

Should a planets get completely surrounded and all its travel lanes cut off, if falls to the faction that surrounded it.

I disagree. Planets are not like castles, whose inhabitants can eventually be starved to death. This assumes of course that the planet in question is habitable.

As such, if you want this damned stinking piece of rock of mine, you're going to have to take it ... or die trying. :P

#34 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:27 AM

View PostSandpit, on 19 December 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

your trolling REALLY needs polish dude. You're not even entertaining anymore. You're just kinda sad to watch flail around offering nothing even remotely on topic.

Anyhow, the game progresses as fast as the players want it to in all actuality. It's completely player driven. If your faction isn't taking planets "fast enough", then get to talking to players in other factions and units and form alliances and have common goals. Talk to the bigger units in the other clans and make alliances so you can drive through IS planets faster.

And the irony of you calling others a troll... epic!

Thanks for the entertainment, man. You should keep working on your reading comprehension, but other than that, someday you'll be worth talking to... maybe... in 3050 or so...

Edited by oldradagast, 19 December 2014 - 11:27 AM.

#35 Killstorm999999

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:27 AM

View PostPanzerbjorn, on 19 December 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

You are correct sir, but it makes for a more interesting topic name. B)

And also alludes to the fact that nothing really changes hands - at the end of the day everything is equal.

Intentional misappropriation.

Well, it actually is a zero sum game, but not for the reasons you say. It's a zero sum game because for a faction to gain a planet, another has to lose a planet. It;s impossible for all factions to gain planets because the number of planets doesn't change.

#36 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:30 AM

View Postoldradagast, on 19 December 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

And the irony of you calling others a troll... epic!

Thanks for the entertainment, man. You should keep working on your reading comprehension, but other than that, someday you'll be worth talking to... maybe... in 3050 or so...

it's interesting that you say that.
see, i dont' make it personal, i dont' have vendettas, etc. I point out fallacies and such. The thing is, they typically come from the same poeple over and over and over again.

gl&gh to you sir

#37 John Wolf

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 347 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:30 AM

Afternoon Mechwarriors,

I've had to moderate a lot of posts in here and its starting to go downhill. Please keep the discussion on topic and constructive or I'll simply close the thread. Responses should be about the topic, and not target a player in any fashion.

Thanks.

John Wolf.

#38 Gallowglas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:34 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 19 December 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

Look at it move. In 2 years we might see something happen :) Oh and by the way once somethng does happen they will balance the contracts :)

That much change in 9 days seems slow to you? I just don't get it.

#39 InRev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

View PostHarathan, on 19 December 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

You've never played EVE, have you? Or if you have you've had a very fortunate, sheltered EVE career. If you think nothing bad ever happens in hi-sec, you haven't been paying attention.

If your whole argument is "because Goons" then you need to find a better argument.

I know I always felt safer in 0.0 than in Jita . . . :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

#40 Panzerbjorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 152 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

View PostSandpit, on 19 December 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

Oh right, because you can just chat up some keshik or unit leader as a completely unaligned merc or non-leadership member of a unit and try to form up an alliance without getting laughed at. There are very few people in positions of power in this game, and I would imagine that most of them are busy enough running their units that it makes it challenging and difficult to coordinate with other units and form alliances and strategies. If they do take the time to do that, then they're not spending their time constructively managing their units and risk them falling apart. Plus most of the units are merc outfits who aren't interested in forming alliances, just farming c-bills from the fattest contracts each week.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users