We Are Giving You A Chance To Earn 25 Gifts Per Game Mode.

68 replies to this topic

#61 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:30 PM

I always like free stuff, I loved the october version of this, and I like the dec. version too. Except...

I don't like the GXP prizes. of all the stuff there, GXP feels out of place, as it is basically the only thing not related to, for lack of a more fitting description: money. C-bills, MC, stuff you can get with MC, een naughty flamers are worth some c-bill if you just sell it. And then, GXP. when they show up under my "wrapping paper" claim button, sorry, feels like I got a pair of socks after the last gift was that bad ass hot wheels car I told my Mom i wanted.

I won;t ever nerd rage about free stuff, and this is exactly the type of event PGI should be doing, and even more often maybe on a smaller scale( weekends, any time some new in game thing is released, mechs, maps etc) I feel the GXP should get removed so other more exciting stuff can take it's place.

#62 Scyther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:57 PM

Look at the totals of the giveaway (and recall what the final numbers were for Halloween). They are already dumping an extremely generous amount of stuff into the game, gratis.

Plus, limiting it by game mode encourages people to play all modes, not just their one favorite.

#63 Rhaegor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 301 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL, USA

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:41 PM

Should be unlimited IMO, but whatever, free is free, I would not start a thread about it, but I guess I can agree that I wish it was unlimited.

#64 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:57 PM

You can earn 100 gifts total for one. Do you really need more? I get much much less from subscription games I play.

Now look at how much they have given away and think of the replacement costs if they had sold those items. Fairly generous for a FTP game don't you think?

To sum it up I think PGI has spoiled some people, the OP included.

#65 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:01 PM

Allows them to have bounds on what people can farm but still open it up for a long time frame so people can work in play time as they have it and not be left out. Completely fair and I love the format.

But go on mouth looking gift horses...

Edited by Jetfire, 23 December 2014 - 04:02 PM.

#66 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:44 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 23 December 2014 - 08:26 AM, said:

which goes back to my point of "you're doing something wrong".

Pretty sure MWO is not a racing game.......
;)

It works. I did a few with the Smoke Adders, only time I recall it failing was when there was a good defending group (don't recall if 12-man, think so) and a group of ~3 guys that the MM dropped with us decided to not only have one disconnect but also absolutely refuse to play ball with our strategy, robbing us of the numbers necessary to make it work. We still got some good damage into Omega, but the defenders hardened and we just couldn't do it without those 3 guys playing ball.

So, in essence, it was teamwork fail.

I'm not sure how viable the strategy still is since the patch that buffed the generators but I do not imagine it changed the viability much.

#67 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:45 PM

well I only have my 25 invasion gifts left to earn.

#68 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:13 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 23 December 2014 - 08:26 AM, said:

which goes back to my point of "you're doing something wrong".

Pretty sure MWO is not a racing game.......
;)

Pretty sure the only point to CW is to win. Your stats aren't even recorded, so whether or not you get kills and do damage to enemy Mechs is moot. If you happen to win by killing lots of enemy Mechs, then good for you. But that's far less efficient than zerg rushing the gun.

In some theoretical "game theory" sense, the proper way to play Invasion is to zerg rush, and if you zerg rush you're not going to score the points you need for the challenge. It's actually a little odd that you can even earn stocking stuffers while playing CW.

#69 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:05 PM

View PostRoadkill, on 23 December 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

Pretty sure the only point to CW is to win. Your stats aren't even recorded, so whether or not you get kills and do damage to enemy Mechs is moot. If you happen to win by killing lots of enemy Mechs, then good for you. But that's far less efficient than zerg rushing the gun.

In some theoretical "game theory" sense, the proper way to play Invasion is to zerg rush, and if you zerg rush you're not going to score the points you need for the challenge. It's actually a little odd that you can even earn stocking stuffers while playing CW.

"the point" is to have fun. If racing to an objective is your idea of fun, racing game is more suited.

Me, I play the game to blow things up, so tend to entertain myself doing that for a bit before rushing the base.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 23 December 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

"the point" is to have fun. If racing to an objective is your idea of fun, racing game is more suited.

Me, I play the game to blow things up, so tend to entertain myself doing that for a bit before rushing the base. Have had very little trouble breaking 80.

28 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 28 guests, 0 anonymous users