20517 replies to this topic

#1161 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

It's a shame that the non canoncial Ilya Muromets already has the nice cameronstar pattern. A Kerensky hero variant of the Orion with that pattern would be MUCH better, cause he was the real legend of the old starleague!

Back to the Banshee one more time. The primary BNC-3E is really underpowered, but well amored and really fast for an 95 ton IS mech. I tryed to rebuild it with my Founder-Atlas as best i could and it was...a "challenge" to play with it, but it isn't impossible to play successfully! I wonder if they would implement the BNC-3E variant. Is it worth?

Edited by The Birdeater, 11 December 2012 - 09:14 AM.

#1162 Syllogy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

Dire Wolf.

Because Clans are around the corner, so I am not limited to suggesting Inner Sphere mechs.

That is all.

#1163 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

View PostSyllogy, on 11 December 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

Dire Wolf.

Because Clans are around the corner, so I am not limited to suggesting Inner Sphere mechs.

That is all.

Direwolf = cheat mode.

#1164 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

View PostThe Birdeater, on 11 December 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

It's a shame that the non canoncial Ilya Muromets already has the nice cameronstar pattern. A Kerensky hero variant of the Orion with that pattern would be MUCH better, cause he was the real legend of the old starleague!

Back to the Banshee one more time. The primary BNC-3E is really underpowered, but well amored and really fast for an 95 ton IS mech. I tryed to rebuild it with my Founder-Atlas as best i could and it was...a "challenge" to play with it, but it isn't impossible to play successfully! I wonder if they would implement the BNC-3E variant. Is it worth?

Agreed about the hero Orion. Kerensky's mech would be terrific.

About the Banshee, look at this. The primary (3E) is actually viable. The 3Q itself is the problem.

#1165 matG

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

View PostSyllogy, on 11 December 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

Dire Wolf.

That is all.

when the clans come dont we need timber wolf and mad dog first?

Edited by matG, 11 December 2012 - 12:50 PM.

#1166 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

View PostThe Birdeater, on 11 December 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

Well, the Banshee is fairly common, and actually has plenty of canon pre-3049 variants:
BNC-3E (2475) - x1 Small Laser, x1 PPC, x1 AC-5
BNC-3M (2579) - x1 Small Laser, x2 Medium Lasers, x2 PPCs
BNC-3Q (2915) - x1 Small Laser, x1 AC-20
BNC-3S (3026) - x2 Small Lasers, x4 Medium Lasers, x2 PPCs, x1 SRM-6, x1 AC-10
BNC-3MC (3037) - x1 Small Laser, x1 PPC, x1 AC-10
BNC-5S (3048 or 3053, depending on source) - x2 Small Lasers, x4 Medium Lasers, x2 ER-PPCs, x1 SRM-6, x1 Gauss Rifle

Potential Hero 'Mech: BNC-3S "Reinsblatt" (3029) - x2 Small Lasers, x4 Medium Lasers, x1 Large Laser, x1 LRM-10, x1 AC-10, x1 Hatchet

On the one hand, given that other common and less-commonly-used-in-the-video-games 'Mechs like the Trebuchet, Cicada, Cataphract, and Spider are being included, the Banshee is as good a candidate as any.
Additionally, the Banshee would fill the 95-ton slot and, in the case of the -3S, its hardpoint layout would be significantly different from that of the Atlas:
-- 8 energy hardpoints (x1 HD, x1 CT, x1 LA, x5 RT)
-- 1 ballistic hardpoint (LT)
-- 1 missile hardpoint (RT)
And for the -5S:
-- 8 energy hardpoints (x1 HD, x1 CT, x2 LA, x3 RT, x1 LT)
-- 1 ballistic hardpoint (LT)
-- 1 missile hardpoint (RA)

On the other hand, the number of variants that would be viable in terms of gameplay potentially becomes smaller:
-- the -3E and -3MC are essentially "the same 'Mech",
-- all but the -3M could be easily made into the -3Q, and
-- each of the -3S and -5S could be easily made into each of the -3E and -3Q.
This leaves the -3M, -3S, -5S, and the "Reinsblatt" as those that cannot be exactly replicated with each other.

Another issue with the Banshee, especially anything not the -3S or -5S, is its relatively heavy dependence on melee as a primary means of offense - with "advanced melee" not slated to become available until Solaris is implemented (if at all), several variants of the Banshee (especially the "Reinsblatt") would lose a key part of their capabilities.

Your thoughts?

Edited by Strum Wealh, 11 December 2012 - 05:03 PM.

#1167 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

Thx Strum Wealh! Sounds good. It seems the Banshee has a real chance to make it into the game. It would be nice and i'm excited to see a redesign by FD, cause the original TRO design is ...meh!

View PostStrum Wealh, on 11 December 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

On the other hand, the number of variants that would be viable in terms of gameplay potentially becomes smaller:
-- the -3E and -3MC are essentially "the same 'Mech",
-- all but the -3M could be easily made into the -3Q, and
-- each of the -3S and -5S could be easily made into each of the -3E and -3Q.
This leaves the -3M, -3S, -5S, and the "Reinsblatt" as those that cannot be exactly replicated with each other.

It isn't a big problem. It's similar to the Hunchback. You can easily build a HBK-4G with an HBK-4H as an example.

View PostStrum Wealh, on 11 December 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

Another issue with the Banshee, especially anything not the -3S or -5S, is its relatively heavy dependence on melee as a primary means of offense - with "advanced melee" not slated to become available until Solaris is implemented (if at all), several variants of the Banshee (especially the "Reinsblatt") would lose a key part of their capabilities.

That should be no problem. The Yen-Lo-Wang had a hatchet, too and it's still implemented.

BTW: Can you tell me the hardpoint layout of the BNC-3E?

Edited by The Birdeater, 11 December 2012 - 05:44 PM.

#1168 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

View PostThe Birdeater, on 11 December 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

BTW: Can you tell me the hardpoint layout of the BNC-3E?

The hardpoint layouts in my previous post (which includes links to the specifications and record sheets) represent the minimums needed to actually create the 'Mechs in question, rather than what might necessarily be used by PGI.

The minimum hardpoints for the BNC-3E are:
x2 energy (x1 head, x1 right-torso)
x1 ballistic (left-torso)

As an example, PGI could allow 2-3 energy hardpoints in the RT, and/or 2-3 ballistic hardpoints in the LT... :P

Edited by Strum Wealh, 11 December 2012 - 06:21 PM.

#1169 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

View PostThe Birdeater, on 11 December 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

That should be no problem. The Yen-Lo-Wang had a hatchet, too and it's still implemented.

Actually, the original YLW Justin first piloted in the games did not have a hatchet. That was added much later (when Kai played in the games). YLW didn't have the hatchet after the upgrade on Outreach either.

IMO, the only mechs from the 3050 books that should have hatchets are the hatchetman and axman (and I do want to see melee in the game). There are some more from later books (brigand?), I just don't know them as well.

#1170 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

Posted Image

Last Chance or Odanan must change the date again! :)

#1171 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

View Postcdlord, on 12 December 2012 - 05:55 AM, said:

Actually, the original YLW Justin first piloted in the games did not have a hatchet. That was added much later (when Kai played in the games). YLW didn't have the hatchet after the upgrade on Outreach either.

IMO, the only mechs from the 3050 books that should have hatchets are the hatchetman and axman (and I do want to see melee in the game). There are some more from later books (brigand?), I just don't know them as well.

You forgot several designs.
From the top of my mind, Berserker, Nightsky (mace), Scarabus, a variant of the Black Knight, Mjolnir (mace), a variant of the Charger (sword) and the Hatamoto-Chi (sword).

EDIT: there is at least two more, the No-Dachi and the Buccaneer.

View PostThe Birdeater, on 12 December 2012 - 07:52 AM, said:

Last Chance or Odanan must change the date again! :P

Last chance!

Edited by Odanan, 12 December 2012 - 08:14 AM.

#1172 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

View PostOdanan, on 12 December 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

You forgot several designs.
From the top of my mind, Berserker, Nightsky (mace), Scarabus, a variant of the Black Knight, Mjolnir (mace), a variant of the Charger (sword) and the Hatamoto-Chi (sword).

EDIT: there is at least two more, the No-Dachi and the Buccaneer.

Last chance!

Hence why I said
"There are some more from later books (brigand?), I just don't know them as well."
:P

#1173 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

What's about the BNC-1E variant? It isn't on your lists. Is it an extinct variant of the Banshee?

"BNC-1E - The original design was produced in 2445, this Banshee variant carries the PPC, Autocannon/5, and Small Laser of the later 3E, as well as a pair of Medium Lasers. As one of the largest 'Mechs produced with primitive technology, the engine was restricted to a top speed of 54km/h. More than twenty-two tons of Primitive Armor provided protection to the MechWarrior."

22 Tons of primitive Armor. Similar to the Mackie. It is certainly extinct, huh?

BTW: This is by far the best redesign of the Banshee. It looks really evil!

Posted Image

#1174 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

View PostThe Birdeater, on 12 December 2012 - 08:51 AM, said:

What's about the BNC-1E variant? It isn't on your lists. Is it an extinct variant of the Banshee?

"BNC-1E - The original design was produced in 2445, this Banshee variant carries the PPC, Autocannon/5, and Small Laser of the later 3E, as well as a pair of Medium Lasers. As one of the largest 'Mechs produced with primitive technology, the engine was restricted to a top speed of 54km/h. More than twenty-two tons of Primitive Armor provided protection to the MechWarrior."

22 Tons of primitive Armor. Similar to the Mackie. It is certainly extinct, huh?

BTW: This is by far the best redesign of the Banshee. It looks really evil!

Yes, probably extinct.

Look at this:

Posted Image

Now lets started the F5 spam fest.

Come one, PGI...

Orion go!

#1175 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

I doubt, and that's why:

Were they going to introduce two more mechs after BlackJack and before Christmas/New Year, it's more probable that they had them spread more evenly, with one mech announced between the holydays and BlackJack announcement and another just before the holidays. But as this is not the case (BlackJack is 5 weeks behind) I think we should expect next mech just before the holydays.

#1176 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

Sorry for my worse than usual grammar and spelling above. I was in haste to post before the end of hour and w/o tag "edited".

Edited by Morang, 12 December 2012 - 10:01 AM.

#1177 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

View PostThontor, on 12 December 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

The mech announcement posts have come as late as noon Pacific time, so don't give up hope yet.

Ohhh boy.

#1178 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

Cruising around Sarna.net and I stumbled upon the Battlemaster page. Not only does it have TON of variants, but it also has a TON of hero mechs too.

IMO, I still think the Battlemaster would make a nice addition to the game.

#1179 Norris J Packard

• 1,972 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

So no Mech today? Sweet.

#1180 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

No mech today.

Serious, PGI? Do you think you will shut us up with that awesome mega beautiful picture of Stalker?

(let me see it again)

53 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 53 guests, 0 anonymous users