• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:06 AM

View PostOdanan, on 27 February 2016 - 09:25 AM, said:

The mechs in the timeline I really want:

IS: (not counting the rest of the "Macross Unseen": Wasp, Stinger, Valkyrie, Ostroc, Crusader and Longbow - those are priority)
  • Charger, Annihilator
  • Excalibur (new heavy favorite), Lancelot
  • Assassin, Vulcan, Bushwacker
  • Javelin, Flea (but different from the original concept art - I want it more like this)
Clan:
  • Turkina, Kingfisher, Bane
  • Night Gyr
  • Viper, Black Lanner
  • Fire Moth
  • and the remaining IIC mechs: Marauder IIC, Rifleman IIC, Phoenix Hawk IIC, etc.

I'm going to copy your format,

IS: Javelin, Hussar or Mongoose
Assassin, Lynx
Bandersnatch, Anvil, Penetrator, Lancelot
Nightstar(According to the MuL Comstar has some), Charger, Thug, Devastator

Clan: Bane,
MW4 Hellhound,

#12202 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:01 AM

View PostImperius, on 27 February 2016 - 07:13 PM, said:

Hellhound has my vote

Posted Image

MW4 Hellhound is so beautiful... but I have mixed feeling about it. How to conciliate that design with the fact it is the Wolverine IIC? I wish they had just used another name (making it a whole new mech).
It would be nice if Catalyst retconned this "Hellhound" as an "omnimech version" of the Conjurer, with similar loadout but very different looks.

And while most of the MW4's versions of existing mechs look bad, the ones created for the game are very sexy. Have I told you I love non-humanoids? Oh, yes I love.

PS: PGI could fix our "desire for Hellhound" by making their Black Lanner look much like it. However, I'm afraid there would still be people out there asking for the MW4's Hellhound, and not accepting the original humanoid Conjurer. Oh, MW4, you did so many things right and so many things wrong...

Edited by Odanan, 28 February 2016 - 04:03 AM.

#12203 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:13 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 27 February 2016 - 09:39 PM, said:

Just some ways how MW4 unique redesigns were reimagined into Battletech.

As you can see most of them kept their original looks more or less. I kinda want to see the same happen with the Hellhound.
However I am not going to force PGI to make that step.

Don't forget the Mad Dog/Vulture MKII.

Well, if Catalist just put the "MKII" into the MW4's Hellhound name, the problem would be solved. "Hellhound MKII is a version of the venerable Conjurer, built by Jade Falcon in the occupied IS planets, which works similarly and only differs cosmetically."

View PostImperius, on 27 February 2016 - 09:26 PM, said:

Actually they kinda have Posted Image

Check the Artist Posted Image

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Omen

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Night_Wolf

Alex Iglesias! Cool!

Edited by Odanan, 28 February 2016 - 04:12 AM.

#12204 Fubl

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:10 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 27 February 2016 - 08:39 PM, said:

Wait, all those mechs were made up? I thought only the Mad cat mk II was. o-O

Anyway. Hellhound was the actual hellhound you are thinking off. It's just it was an unseen mech and did an extreme redesign.
I should remind you the artist for MW4 is David "mecha-zone" White. And to remind you further this is the same person who that is... That's the guy who also drawn the pictures on Sarna of mechs and most vehicles... he nearly singlehandedly drawn that all by himself.

From what I understand of the process of making a tro. Someone will write up a brief description of what they are looking for. The artist will use that very limited info to draw something up then they will attach a writer to make the tro entr and then name.. And the hell hound might have been one of the mechs that where given the fan vote for names in mw4. The other thing to remember is at this moment in time FASA had closed there doors and different issues were popping up.

Edited by Fubl, 28 February 2016 - 07:11 AM.

#12205 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:37 PM

While we are on it....

Please vote and comment if you will Posted Image

http://mwomercs.com/...mkii-cosmetics/

#12206 Archangel.84

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warhead
  • The Warhead
  • 220 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 28 February 2016 - 02:03 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 28 February 2016 - 12:06 AM, said:

I'm going to copy your format,

IS: Javelin, Hussar or Mongoose
Assassin, Lynx
Bandersnatch, Anvil, Penetrator, Lancelot
Nightstar(According to the MuL Comstar has some), Charger, Thug, Devastator

Clan: Bane,
MW4 Hellhound,

Yeah, good format.

IS (assume the rest of the Classics as #1priority):

Mongoose, Javelin, Firefly
Dervish, Assassin, Wyvern
Flashman, Caesar, Guillotine
Cyclops, Thug, Hatamoto-Chi

Clan:

Fire Moth, Fire Falcon
Black Lanner, Battle Cobra
Night Gyr, Grizzly
Turkina, Supernova

Edited by Archangel.84, 28 February 2016 - 02:08 PM.

#12207 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:41 PM

View PostOdanan, on 28 February 2016 - 04:13 AM, said:

Don't forget the Mad Dog/Vulture MKII.

Well, if Catalist just put the "MKII" into the MW4's Hellhound name, the problem would be solved. "Hellhound MKII is a version of the venerable Conjurer, built by Jade Falcon in the occupied IS planets, which works similarly and only differs cosmetically."

It is true most of MW4 stuff ended up as a mk II...

Arctic wolf II
Kodiak II
Mad dog II
Timberwolf II

etc.

However the thing is the...

"Wolverine IIC"
II = Second Generation. ie: "Mk II"
C = Clan...

This is technically a "Wolverine IIIC" Posted Image
First 3rd generation clan mech! Posted Image

#12208 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:20 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 26 February 2016 - 08:48 PM, said:

Posted ImagePhoenix hawk is the next IS Classic mech it seems:

"Hey look, another 45 ton medium! Enjoy the hype and attention why it lasts bro. The life of a 45 ton humanoid medium is a lonely one in MWO." - Every Vindicator

#12209 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:47 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 29 February 2016 - 07:20 AM, said:

"Hey look, another 45 ton medium! Enjoy the hype and attention why it lasts bro. The life of a 45 ton humanoid medium is a lonely one in MWO." - Every Vindicator

"Speak for yourself" - Every Blackjack everywhere.

#12210 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:01 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 29 February 2016 - 07:47 AM, said:

"Speak for yourself" - Every Blackjack everywhere.

Blackjack had it's moment of glory with crazy structure buffs. Even after the de-buff, it still has high mount hard points going for it that the Phoenix Hawk and Vindicator doesn't have. It isn't quite the same boat.

Just ask most people what they would pick if they had too, Blackjack or Vindicator, and see which one would come out. I'm just one of those crazy people that would say the Vindicator lol, but I'm guessing the BJ would trounce it.

I guess it depends on how the Phoenix Hawk is quirked too.

P.S. I am still really tempted to get the Phoenix Hawk anyway. I like the mech's style and I'm already used to squeezing every ounce of effectiveness out of my Vindicators anyway Posted Image. If the Phoenix Hawk is better, I only play better Posted Image.

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 29 February 2016 - 08:01 AM.

#12211 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:15 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 29 February 2016 - 08:01 AM, said:

Blackjack had it's moment of glory with crazy structure buffs. Even after the de-buff, it still has high mount hard points going for it that the Phoenix Hawk and Vindicator doesn't have. It isn't quite the same boat.

Just ask most people what they would pick if they had too, Blackjack or Vindicator, and see which one would come out. I'm just one of those crazy people that would say the Vindicator lol, but I'm guessing the BJ would trounce it.

I guess it depends on how the Phoenix Hawk is quirked too.

P.S. I am still really tempted to get the Phoenix Hawk anyway. I like the mech's style and I'm already used to squeezing every ounce of effectiveness out of my Vindicators anyway Posted Image. If the Phoenix Hawk is better, I only play better Posted Image.

Humanoid with low mounts(mostly). Yes it and the VND share that.

But the PXH is much faster, a better jumper, and will have a better stay off hardpoints, overall. Also MASC & ECM variants.

There will be similarities in combat style, but the Hawk should be better in almost every measurable way

#12212 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:22 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 29 February 2016 - 08:15 AM, said:

But the PXH is much faster, a better jumper, and will have a better stay off hardpoints, overall. Also MASC & ECM variants.

There will be similarities in combat style, but the Hawk should be better in almost every measurable way

After having so much fun with the Vindy's I'm looking forward to my Hawks!

#12213 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:33 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 29 February 2016 - 08:15 AM, said:

The ECM will be a huge help, but MASC is a maybe. Besides, a Vindicator 1AA is fast (114kph) and jumps very darn good.

Besides, remember that both MASC and ECM take up tonnage and crit space on a mech that needs every ounce of tonnage and space it can get. 45 ton mechs are cursed that way.

Hopefully it can be equivalent to a Vindicator 1AA (smaller engine to drop Ferro, but makes up for it with MASC). ECM variant can at least be a bit slow.

Still, after all that, it is still a 45 ton medium with low hard points. Even with speed, it probably can't go fast enough to rely on botched hitreg for durability. Even the Vindicator at 116kph (114 now) can't go fast enough to manipulate hitreg. Maybe sudden accell/decell with MASC can help throw off people's aim and possibly hitreg.

If it gets ok structure quirks, that will help. Still, it is fragile and low hard points. It's kind of like an IS Shadow Cat, but with the larger silhouette of a humanoid and low mount weapons.

I guess if im saying anything, it's keep expectations reasonable.

P.S. Regardless, I still think I might get it :).

#12214 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:40 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 29 February 2016 - 08:33 AM, said:

The ECM will be a huge help, but MASC is a maybe. Besides, a Vindicator 1AA is fast (114kph) and jumps very darn good.

Besides, remember that both MASC and ECM take up tonnage and crit space on a mech that needs every ounce of tonnage and space it can get. 45 ton mechs are cursed that way.

Hopefully it can be equivalent to a Vindicator 1AA (smaller engine to drop Ferro, but makes up for it with MASC). ECM variant can at least be a bit slow.

Still, after all that, it is still a 45 ton medium with low hard points. Even with speed, it probably can't go fast enough to rely on botched hitreg for durability. Even the Vindicator at 116kph (114 now) can't go fast enough to manipulate hitreg. Maybe sudden accell/decell with MASC can help throw off people's aim and possibly hitreg.

If it gets ok structure quirks, that will help. Still, it is fragile and low hard points. It's kind of like an IS Shadow Cat, but with the larger silhouette of a humanoid and low mount weapons.

I guess if im saying anything, it's keep expectations reasonable.

P.S. Regardless, I still think I might get it :).

Most well also have sufficient hardpoints to Laservomit.... With MASC/ECM, still plenty of room for 6+ lasers. And the speed and mobility to get in and out. Also, MASC 2.0 is a game changer on the Scat. And since all PXH can offer 250 rated and above engines, it means that unlike all BJ and VND beside the 1AA, 10 truedubs.

#12215 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:08 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 29 February 2016 - 08:40 AM, said:

Most well also have sufficient hardpoints to Laservomit.... With MASC/ECM, still plenty of room for 6+ lasers. And the speed and mobility to get in and out. Also, MASC 2.0 is a game changer on the Scat. And since all PXH can offer 250 rated and above engines, it means that unlike all BJ and VND beside the 1AA, 10 truedubs.

At the end of the day, a 45 ton humanoid (more torso exposure wiyh lower hardpoints in general) with 45 ton armor and structure. MASC helps, ECM really helps, but when you are hit, it hurts and you need to expose that mech to use all 6 hard points.

I still think it needs the structure the Vindicator needs (and hopefully it gets it as a newly released mech).

I was also saying it might need the LLaser quirked to be an equivalent in duration to the LPLaser to help free up some tonnage for MASC and/or ECM, but the hard point inflation sounds like enough to let that idea go.

Overall though, if you want to run 6 MLasers or 6MPLasers on a 45 ton mech, you would want to use ECM for a sneak attack. I don't think a non ECM variant (even with MASC) is going to keep you safe at 45 tons and tall.

Really all hypothetical till we have it in our hands, but I'm thinking this is still going to be very Vindi like. I can work with that (especially if it is a bit better), but it might be quickly forgotten by some.

Again, I'd say keep expectations in check and that way, if it truly is a lot better, it won't dissapoint. That's what I'm doing for when I get it :).

#12216 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:11 AM

Yeah, for good or bad, I'm buying them and I'll make them work. :) Like every other mech out there, just need to find the sweetspot.

#12217 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:20 AM

And now we need a couple of 40 tonners!!

#12218 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:44 AM

View PostOdanan, on 29 February 2016 - 10:20 AM, said:

And now we need a couple of 40 tonners!!

Vulcan and Assassin would make a nice couple.

#12219 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:00 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 29 February 2016 - 10:44 AM, said:

Vulcan and Assassin would make a nice couple.

And the Coyotl for the clans.....

#12220 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:12 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 29 February 2016 - 11:00 AM, said:

And the Coyotl for the clans.....

After the Viper!

2 user(s) are reading this topic