BattleMech Balance

20517 replies to this topic

#13641 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 02:22 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 June 2016 - 06:28 PM, said:

I feel you man, remember I live in Mexico, so have some of the same issues. Beautiful countries ruined by corruption and violence. Geez. If Mexico wasn't so buried in corruption it could blow the USA out of the water for economies, there are such insane levels of natural resources here.

Your country has problems in Olympics, Odanan?

Mine is the second most populous on the planet, and we win about 1/20th the medals our friendly Red neighbour China wins. LOL.

So much emphasis on "studies", fund mismanagement on astronomical levels, corruption almost a way of life, etc etc.

Our only pluses? We're pretty thick-skinned, and don't spend any money unless it's been ratified by all family members. LOL.

#13642 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:59 AM

View PostCK16, on 17 June 2016 - 09:34 PM, said:

Well.......ear perking for sure atleast.....

I am not going to go off thinking its set in stone and confirmed, well it is all but confirmed IMO its closer then some would think....But as he said there is a list of them, IMO possible some later 3050's first but who knows....Maybe we will get Nova Cat next instead of the Linebacker? But yea, defiantly interesting, considering the context of the question was not about the Mk II, more about his current feels on current era mechs.
I'm willing to bet 3058, then 3062.down the line.

More than new mechs, we need new weapons though.

#13643 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 06:37 AM

Interesting that the Excalibur was mentioned in TH, actually my number one wish. It was a bit of strange commentary though. The Mech was used in timeframe by Snord's Irregulars (and the unplayable ComGuards):

And after those slow Mechs (Night Gyr, Nobori-nin), a true Cavalry Mech would be more than welcome. Give me 70 tons and a XL 400 engine!

http://www.sarna.net...ur_(BattleMech)

Posted Image

Edited by FLG 01, 18 June 2016 - 07:03 AM.

#13644 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 June 2016 - 07:01 AM

View PostKeshav Murali, on 18 June 2016 - 02:22 AM, said:

Your country has problems in Olympics, Odanan?

Mine is the second most populous on the planet, and we win about 1/20th the medals our friendly Red neighbour China wins. LOL.

So much emphasis on "studies", fund mismanagement on astronomical levels, corruption almost a way of life, etc etc.

Our only pluses? We're pretty thick-skinned, and don't spend any money unless it's been ratified by all family members. LOL.

Oh, I really don't care about the Olympics. (I actually think that high level competitive sports are a mistake and a corruption of what sports should be - but that's just me)

We are in trouble because we invited the world to our home - and our home has issues. Sure, the Brazilians managed to do a good World Cup, but the football players didn't need to compete in grossly polluted waters like the Olympic athletes will need.

Ultimately, I know that bringing the World Cup and Olympics is just an excuse to spend (and steal) an obscene amount of money in stadiums and infrastructure. This wouldn't be entirely bad if those structures were useful to the population after the games. But they aren't. Huge stadiums in the middle of nowhere. Buildings that are not finished in time for the events and are soon abandoned. New stuff that is either not maintained or simply shut down later.

It is sad, but everything big done here in Brazil is motivated by the interest of a very few (in this case, the constructors), it's done poorly and finally wasted.

Some countries work - some doesn't.

#13645 Archangel.84

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warhead
  • The Warhead
  • 220 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 18 June 2016 - 07:28 AM

Top Ten Remaining Before time jump, eh?

1. Dervish
2. Stinger/Wasp
3. Valkyrie
4. Crusader
5. Javelin
6. Thug
7. Caesar
8. Fire Moth
9. Stone Rhino
10. Turkina

Or at least, that's my list right now.

#13646 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 June 2016 - 07:29 AM

View PostFLG 01, on 18 June 2016 - 06:37 AM, said:

Interesting that the Excalibur was mentioned in TH, actually my number one wish. It was a bit of strange commentary though. The Mech was used in timeframe by Snord's Irregulars (and the unplayable ComGuards):

And after those slow Mechs (Night Gyr, Nobori-nin), a true Cavalry Mech would be more than welcome. Give me 70 tons and a XL 400 engine!

http://www.sarna.net...ur_(BattleMech)

That's one the the few IS heavies I'm looking forward to see in the game...

(and I'm very curious for the Alex Iglesias take on it)

View PostArchangel.84, on 18 June 2016 - 07:28 AM, said:

Top Ten Remaining Before time jump, eh?

If it is before time jump, I can free some spots in my list. Ohh cool.

#13647 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 18 June 2016 - 07:40 AM

Also if we go the way Russ said it more about the tech meaning weapons then year. Though for now the next few will be in the 3053 era. However with this it will allow him to add some of the new designs while still being able to go to older designs.

And just as you said about the Excalibur and other Star League mechs mention it is interesting, just as surprising imo as the Mk II getting dropped with out a direct question on the mech. However I am still not sold on just cause we have years worth of mechs means we spend years adding them before getting some older designs in. Plus I think the IS pilots will be far safer getting older stuff then Clans, it might be they go ahead with some later date Clans, and select few IS while keep adding in older designs, just not primitive designs please or obsoleted ones. XD

#13648 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:39 AM

View PostCK16, on 18 June 2016 - 07:40 AM, said:

Also if we go the way Russ said it more about the tech meaning weapons then year. Though for now the next few will be in the 3053 era. However with this it will allow him to add some of the new designs while still being able to go to older designs.

And just as you said about the Excalibur and other Star League mechs mention it is interesting, just as surprising imo as the Mk II getting dropped with out a direct question on the mech. However I am still not sold on just cause we have years worth of mechs means we spend years adding them before getting some older designs in. Plus I think the IS pilots will be far safer getting older stuff then Clans, it might be they go ahead with some later date Clans, and select few IS while keep adding in older designs, just not primitive designs please or obsoleted ones. XD

Careful with that obsolete line.... some obsolete mechs are better in TT than what replaced it... Coyolt being slightly better than the Viper being a prime example of that...

Just look at a Flint lock pistol, it's obsolete, but still deadly.

#13649 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 18 June 2016 - 09:35 AM

I was more singling out the Mackie, that thing can ugh....it's a sharpened stick....and that's about it lol

#13650 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 09:42 AM

View PostOdanan, on 18 June 2016 - 07:29 AM, said:

That's one the the few IS heavies I'm looking forward to see in the game...
(and I'm very curious for the Alex Iglesias take on it)

It is one of the few IS heavies that would actually bring something new to the table. This kind of speed on a 70 ton Mech... And I think the combination of missiles and ballistics can be very potent in the right hands.

Its variants are pretty much the same and the number of HP is really low, but that did not stop PGI in the past. They can experiment a bit with the HP layout. The biggest problem is the lack of a hero-Mech.

And yes, it would be very interesting to see what Alex would do with it, considering the canon artwork varies a lot. It does look cool, though:
Posted Image

View PostCK16, on 18 June 2016 - 07:40 AM, said:

Admittedly it is more difficult for the Clans to find older Mechs for MWO, but there are some options. Stuff like the Kraken could turn out to be outright frightening...

#13651 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 09:42 AM

View PostCK16, on 18 June 2016 - 09:35 AM, said:

I was more singling out the Mackie, that thing can ugh....it's a sharpened stick....and that's about it lol

And still leathal...

The 9H variant packs:
2x PPC
1x AC/20
2x MLas
Beagle Active Probe
CASE
300 series standard Engine
19t of armour
10t of SHS...

#13652 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 18 June 2016 - 10:04 AM

View PostFLG 01, on 18 June 2016 - 09:42 AM, said:

It is one of the few IS heavies that would actually bring something new to the table. This kind of speed on a 70 ton Mech... And I think the combination of missiles and ballistics can be very potent in the right hands.

It's biggest crippling flaw is the trade for having normal firepower and high speed is the stock armor levels of a Rifleman on a chassis 10 tons heavier. That being said, bringing it's armor up to MWO levells would also degrade it's firepower considerably as well- you're losing about 5.5-6 tons to get it into the 13 tons of armor range. In that sense, it's really a larger version of the Dragon, although with much better missile hardpoint location.

#13653 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 10:38 AM

An Excalibur with XL350 engine, ES structure, and max STD armour still leaves you with 31 tons for weapons, which is good for me when I cruise with that speed. I'd even try out the XL 400 and 20.5 tons for weapons, although it probably is not the most effective way to drive it.
I am attracted by the fact that I can experiment in that speed range with a 70 ton Mech. Of course I am aware not everyone likes cavalry mechs. Those who feel uncomfortable with them may just skip the Excalibur. I am not one of them, though.

#13654 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:12 AM

I would hope, if the Excalibur was brought in, that since it is armored like a Rifleman, it too would get no structure buffs to make it into generic heavy brawler. Likewise, it needs it's quirks focused on getting people to use it as the stand off support weapon it's meant to be, or why bother adding it?

#13655 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:13 AM

I will say this though sorry to being off topic or injecting again about future mechs. It is comforting (for me anyway) to find out that Russ is thinking in terms of months for future mechs, not years. That is kinda an interesting thing to note IMO.

#13656 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:17 AM

View PostCK16, on 18 June 2016 - 11:13 AM, said:

I will say this though sorry to being off topic or injecting again about future mechs. It is comforting (for me anyway) to find out that Russ is thinking in terms of months for future mechs, not years. That is kinda an interesting thing to note IMO.

We get it, you're excited. Just remember that mentioning it multiple times for the sake of mentioning it? Posted Image

#13657 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:19 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 June 2016 - 11:17 AM, said:

We get it, you're excited. Just remember that mentioning it multiple times for the sake of mentioning it? Posted Image

Spoiler

I know but just saying, I get it take it with a grain of salt till we see art work sorta deal but yea......still.....its nice :D

though honestly I could see Nova Cat first honestly......but we shall see.

#13658 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:19 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 June 2016 - 11:12 AM, said:

I would hope, if the Excalibur was brought in, that since it is armored like a Rifleman, it too would get no structure buffs to make it into generic heavy brawler. Likewise, it needs it's quirks focused on getting people to use it as the stand off support weapon it's meant to be, or why bother adding it?

Absolutely. Its quirks should be entirely offensive: weaponry and mobility. ...especially mobility. Depending on how good the offensive quirks are, I would not mind negative structure quirks.
The Excalibur should be a super mobile glass cannon.

#13659 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 02:11 PM

So is the charger the next IS Assault? It is the last from TRO 3039!

#13660 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 02:17 PM

View PostTrapJaw80, on 18 June 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

So is the charger the next IS Assault? It is the last from TRO 3039!

Longbow? 85t from TRO 3025....

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook