#14201 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:38 PM

View PostArchangel.84, on 05 August 2016 - 05:25 PM, said:

Well, somebody is certainly acting out of spite.

If Russ had said nope not this year not gonna happen. It would have been a normal month of MWO tweets. When you name drop that person and the mech and say soon and talk about it in about 3-4 town halls and release every mech but that one. Why wouldn't I get angry?

I'm not trying to grow supporters or friends so me being "spiteful" doesn't impact a thing.

#14202 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:42 PM

View PostImperius, on 05 August 2016 - 05:22 PM, said:

Many as in the 6 people who constantly post in this thread and still don't buy the majority of the mechs they say should come before others? Soon TM was said back in Feb, I'm tired of the lies but that's just me. I hope the OCD keeps the wallets open, it closed mine and at least 10 people in my unit's wallet. I'm not saying MWO is doomed. It's not, but making less money is making less money. Any business willing to throw away it's customers due to OCD and refuse to due things out of spite is a business that will not grow. If the MK II was announced for sale before 2017 I would come back and buy all the back mech packs I have skipped on and go back to being a once a month supporter. If it it's announced in 2017 I will just buy the MK II and that would be my only and final purchase until SP (if that ever makes it) comes out.

Up to you, Not saying do or don't here. The fact that he mentioned 2017 is a promising answer, and probably the best we will get till we get it dropped. Could be right away could be later on.... So up to you, personally with WoW Legion coming out and a few other games I am not going to quit MWO I am going to spread out my free time between all the games....and my Free time is also not as much as it was... I imagine now we will get the other IIC's (Warhammer IIC and Riflemen IIC for sure maybe one more)Think about it AT most 15 months till we see Artwork, THIS IS THE WORST CASE most likely...and that is not bad at all. I would bet in 8 to 10 months and we will get the artwork (so about a year after he drop the soon^tm which honestly 1 year after dropping a hint? NOT BAD! There are worst track records with this game for soon^tm and far worse with other titles out there....

Also I feel stupid now, I just not realized where the Marauder IIC special paint job is based off of -.-

#14203 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:49 PM

View PostCK16, on 05 August 2016 - 05:42 PM, said:

Up to you, Not saying do or don't here. The fact that he mentioned 2017 is a promising answer, and probably the best we will get till we get it dropped. Could be right away could be later on.... So up to you, personally with WoW Legion coming out and a few other games I am not going to quit MWO I am going to spread out my free time between all the games....and my Free time is also not as much as it was... I imagine now we will get the other IIC's (Warhammer IIC and Riflemen IIC for sure maybe one more)Think about it AT most 15 months till we see Artwork, THIS IS THE WORST CASE most likely...and that is not bad at all. I would bet in 8 to 10 months and we will get the artwork (so about a year after he drop the soon^tm which honestly 1 year after dropping a hint? NOT BAD! There are worst track records with this game for soon^tm and far worse with other titles out there....

Also I feel stupid now, I just not realized where the Marauder IIC special paint job is based off of -.-

You're missing my point I was basically told the same thing you were at the beginning of 2016. I was told it would be less than a year. I guess you can be the 2016 me in 2017 when you don't ever see it.

Edited by Imperius, 05 August 2016 - 05:51 PM.

#14204 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:00 PM

View PostCK16, on 05 August 2016 - 05:42 PM, said:

Took you that long?. I am disappoint

View PostImperius, on 05 August 2016 - 05:49 PM, said:

You're missing my point I was basically told the same thing you were at the beginning of 2016. I was told it would be less than a year. I guess you can be the 2016 me in 2017 when you don't ever see it.

Less than a year, huh? Link?

#14205 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:02 PM

Oh hush! My eyes bleed everytime I saw the original disco IIC's lol.

#14206 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:04 PM

two words. Battle Tech

They shouldve done the iic in a pack then dish out more IS mechs especially SLDF types.

Edited by LastKhan, 05 August 2016 - 06:07 PM.

#14207 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:26 PM

Now were getting a Space Marine can we also get a mech like this. ..

Posted Image

Edited by Ace Selin, 05 August 2016 - 11:29 PM.

#14208 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 06 August 2016 - 02:07 AM

View PostAce Selin, on 05 August 2016 - 11:26 PM, said:

Posted Image

Chest laser. Slapped together parts. Blood Kite Killa Kan?

#14209 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:16 AM

View PostAce Selin, on 05 August 2016 - 11:26 PM, said:

Posted Image

How about this?
Posted Image

#14210 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 07:14 AM

more Light Mech love courtesy Kiriage
Posted Image

#14211 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:28 PM

So... Marauder II for next IS assault 'Mech? Posted Image

"Complete the trilogy!" Posted Image

#14212 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:30 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 07 August 2016 - 12:28 PM, said:

So... Marauder II for next IS assault 'Mech? Posted Image

"Complete the trilogy!" Posted Image

just feed the IIC a few more donuts and PGI is there.

#14213 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 07 August 2016 - 01:03 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 August 2016 - 12:30 PM, said:

It'd still be too rounded for a MAD-II, though... and it would lack the all-important winglets. Posted Image

#14214 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 August 2016 - 01:27 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 August 2016 - 12:30 PM, said:

Or if the IIC works out it could be the Nightstar.

#14215 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 01:36 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 07 August 2016 - 01:03 PM, said:

It'd still be too rounded for a MAD-II, though... and it would lack the all-important winglets. Posted Image

the MWO Marauder is too round to be a real marauder, too, but hey, here it is, in all it's porcine glory!

#14216 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 07 August 2016 - 02:04 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 August 2016 - 01:36 PM, said:

the MWO Marauder is too round to be a real marauder, too, but hey, here it is, in all it's porcine glory!

Though the "real" Marauder had plenty of rounded surfaces. Posted Image

Posted Image

That being said: the MWO aesthetics tends toward the IS-affiliated designs being characterized by angles & facets while Clan-affiliated designs feature more rounded surfaces.
As such, a MWO MAD-II should (IMO) be substantially more blocky and faceted than what has been shown for the MWO MAD-IIC (or, put another way, a MWO MAD-II should more closely resemble the MWO MAD than the MWO MAD-IIC), so that it fits the game's aesthetics.

#14217 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 07 August 2016 - 02:11 PM

So, on to variants!

The Marauder II would have the MAD-4A, MAD-5A, MAD-5B, and MAD-5C variants available (as of "3052-ish").

The 5A is the "standard" model, and the 4A is the "no LosTech"/"Succession Wars" variant.
The 5A, 5B, and 5C all have the same minimum hardpoint layout (which is identical to that of the MAD-3R: x2 energy in each arm, plus x1 ballistic in the RT), while the 4A is an energy boat (minimum hardpoints: x2 energy in each arm, plus x1 energy in the RT).

The Hero 'Mech could be the personal 'Mech of Susan Barber, the commanding officer of Barber's Marauder IIs, a mercenary unit made up entirely of Marauder II & Marauder pilots.

Thoughts?

#14218 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 03:15 PM

Hm, I like the Marauder II and on TT it is a beast. In MWO... I am not so sure. It's TT speciality is sustained firepower thanks to an almost silly number of SHS. In MWO I am afraid this is not terribly useful, albeit not entirely useless. I am struggling to see a role for the Marauder II in MWO. Perhaps a 100ton energy boat in case of the MAD-4A. What else? I am absolutely open to ideas - simply because I have none.

#14219 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 07 August 2016 - 03:29 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 07 August 2016 - 03:15 PM, said:

Hm, I like the Marauder II and on TT it is a beast. In MWO... I am not so sure. It's TT speciality is sustained firepower thanks to an almost silly number of SHS. In MWO I am afraid this is not terribly useful, albeit not entirely useless. I am struggling to see a role for the Marauder II in MWO. Perhaps a 100ton energy boat in case of the MAD-4A. What else? I am absolutely open to ideas - simply because I have none.

Come on, we already have the Marauder and the Marauder IIC. It's enough (even for someone like me who loves Marauders).

#14220 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 07 August 2016 - 03:53 PM

View PostCK16, on 05 August 2016 - 03:09 PM, said:

Russ did reply to my question on twitter about a certain mech.

Posted Image

So in 2017 we get a time-jump to 3066?

Cue C3 systems, ATM, and other assorted weapons...or don't?

Mad Kat Mk II aside pretty much every Clan mech that has missile launchers at this point uses ATMs. If variable munitions aren't working (and PGI previously said could not/would not LB-x) it pretty much makes the ATM pointless. And we already effectively have C3. But all those other weapons and systems will make an already difficult balancing job that much harder.

Would love to see it, but not at the expense of the rage to follow.

43 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 43 guests, 0 anonymous users