#1421 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

View Postcdlord, on 02 January 2013 - 06:44 AM, said:

Don't forget that PGI holds creative licensing so they could create custom variants to fill the gaps. We've seen them do that in the Hero mechs. Only another small step to do that for a main line up. The main variant is energy specific, but it would only take a bit to mix and match a missile or ballistic in there somewhere (based off Valkyrie/Panther loadouts).

Using obscure variants - OK.
Creating new variants - I hope not (except for the heroes).

#1422 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

View PostOdanan, on 01 January 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:

Not in Jan. 16... look at the OP. :lol:

37% Zeus
33% Banshee
20% Hatamoto
5% Cyclops
0% Victor -> problem with 3rd reticle*
0% Thug -> not enough variants, thankfully
0% Mauler -> not enough variants, sadly
5% Charger
0% King Crab -> problem fitting the AC/20s in the arms*

*they won't make a Mechlab overhaul just for one mech.

I like the updated OP Odanan. I'm still thinking that the Banshee will be the announced assault mech over the Zeus though either would be fine. Your "mechs already in the game" subsection of the OP could be clearer to list the chassis already in game and then in a separate paragraph the hero mechs.

I think they will announce Battlemech 20 on January 23rd, not the 30th. Then I believe the Clan mech announcement waves will begin in February with some custom silhouette artwork and other hints. Finally culminating in wave reveals of Clan mechs. Specifically since there are so many and they are all supposed to be seen at the same time I believe when they announce the Clan mechs we will get 1 light, 1 medium, 1 heavy and 1 assault per announcement.

The real question comes down to how they will implement the Clan mechs. Will they be a playable faction? Will it be a horde mode kind of deal? How will the tech work? How will we obtain the chassis and weapons? etc. etc.

Either way, I expect good thing ahead. Also I believe while we will only get 1 mech in January we will see 2 mechs in February released in the game. In March we will probably see two mechs at the most as well.

So January - Spider
February - Trebuchet and Jagermech
March - Highlander and Flea

There's my guess.

#1423 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

View PostButane9000, on 02 January 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

I like the updated OP Odanan. I'm still thinking that the Banshee will be the announced assault mech over the Zeus though either would be fine.

Same here and i really hope so! I'm very excited to see a redesigned Banshee by FD! The head area has to look evil and scary. A mech, built to face the Mackie. Next to it, the Banshee is one of the oldest mechs out there. Older than Orion and Commando. The 1E even use primitve technology. I would be very happy to see the Banshee ingame, cause it's a old BT legend and we never saw it in a MW game before. It fills the gap of a 95 ton mech and has more than enough variants. Everything fits. To heck with the Zeus! :)

#1424 Daneiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 490 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

View PostOdanan, on 27 June 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

Kerensky's Orion
(Some sources say it was an ON1-K, some say there is a custom variant of the ON1-K)
LA 1e (1 medium laser)
LT 1e, 1m (PPC*, SRM4)
CT
H
RT 1b (gauss)
RA 1e (1 medium laser)
*originally Snub Nose PPC, but the technology is lost now. Could be a "hero weapon" or the devs could just replace it by the regular PPC by droping a ton of Gauss ammo.

Fake !!!!! Snub Nose PPC is introduced at 3067 and it wasn't lostech , there is no way gen. Karensky to have that weapon on his Orion !!!!!

Edited by daneiel varna, 02 January 2013 - 11:12 AM.

#1425 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

View Postdaneiel varna, on 02 January 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

Fake !!!!! Snub Nose PPC is introduced at 3067 and it wasn't lostech , there is no way gen. Karensky to have that weapon on his Orion !!!!!

The same variant, with the same cited source, is also listed on the Master Unit List (which is maintained by Catalyst Game Labs, the current license holder for BattleTech).

Also, the same discussion was already conducted twice, on page 5 and pages 13-14 of the Orion reveal thread. :)

-----

View PostOdanan, on 19 December 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

Some sources say it has. Here.

View PostBOTA49, on 19 December 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

I didn't think snub nose PPCs came around until the 3060's or so.

SN-PPCs are actually LosTech; they're explicitly mentioned in the old Star League sourcebook (on page 61) as having been developed under the reign of Jonathan Cameron.

The fruits of First Lord Jonathan's military renaissance began to appear in Royal units of the SLDF almost immediately. Improved 'Mechs, Headhunter Missiles, Snub-nosed PPCs, and countless new vehicles appeared, utilizing breakthrough research in such areas as energy and myomer technology.
However, the Clans evidently did not retain the technology into the Invasion era, and the IS doesn't re-invent them until 3067.

As far as a 3050 "Kerensky Tribute" Hero 'Mech:
Hypothetically, PGI could bend the canon a bit by dropping a ton of Gauss ammo (from two tons to one) to free up the tonnage, moving one of the FF criticals out of the Left-Torso to free up the space, and replacing the listed SN-PPC with a standard PPC.
It wouldn't be an exact duplicate of Kerensky's version of the 'Mech, but it would retain the core concepts and the vast majority of the key attributes while still being substantially different from the stock ON1-K (unlike the Kurita rebuild; they found Kerensky's original 'Mech essentially stripped to just the skeleton, and rebuilt it in 3015 as a stock ON1-K). :D

Edited by Strum Wealh, 02 January 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#1426 Aidan McRae

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 114 posts
  • LocationNY, NY

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

View PostOdanan, on 01 January 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:

0% Victor -> problem with 3rd reticle*

*they won't make a Mechlab overhaul just for one mech.

Explain. I can't find any source of info on this.

#1427 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

i has to be the Zeus, otherwise i´m getting horribly depressive :|

Edited by Ens, 02 January 2013 - 04:53 PM.

#1428 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostButane9000, on 02 January 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

I like the updated OP Odanan. I'm still thinking that the Banshee will be the announced assault mech over the Zeus though either would be fine. Your "mechs already in the game" subsection of the OP could be clearer to list the chassis already in game and then in a separate paragraph the hero mechs.

It should be better now.

View PostEns, on 02 January 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

i has to be the Zeus, otherwise i´m getting horribly depressive :|

Indeed. Lyrans need scouts. <_<

#1429 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

View PostOdanan, on 02 January 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

It should be better now.

I agree it is improved. Also there's been murmuring about the Zeus due to the ISN news flash. I disagree because the news flashes have always discussed general news.

I do have a question concerning it though. And that is, is there even a Zeus ZEU-6S-DC in the canon?

View PostOdanan, on 01 January 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

There is a reason PGI is not using any of the Unseen, even if with a total redesign. Mechs will be "ugly or unrecognizable". And if you want to play with a totally different Rifleman, Jeez, play with the JagerMech (which resembles very much with the Rifleman, in the first place).

Can we stop talking about the Unseen? And doing mech requests? Everything indicates the next mech (#20) will be an Assault and the other 16 will be clanners. After the #20 mech, this thread kind of loose its purpose (for a year) and should probably be locked.

I disagree with the thread needing to shut after Battlemech 20. We can continue to debate which of the remaining IS mechs we will most likely see. Especially considering the time lapse between the announcements should provide ample time for variants and the like.

Edited by Butane9000, 02 January 2013 - 10:08 PM.

#1430 nostra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

My prediction for next announcement: the Crab. Why? It's a rare SLDF model sure, but it was reintroduced in 3050. Furthermore, I think that now that most of the baseline Inner Sphere 'mechs are announced, and then soon to be released will be the Clan 'mechs, I think SLDF Royal 'mechs that are a bit harder to come by will be released as Comstar enters the fray, with the King Crab, Crab, and Black Knight hopefully on their way.

#1431 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

Really wishing they would just hurry up and announce 'Mech #20 already. At the rate the announcements and implementation is going we wont see the darn thing for another 6-8 months anyway so it's not going to hurt if someone says "Here it is...you can play it whenever we get around to putting it in the game!" Maybe it's just me but the lack of content is getting stale. I feel we should be getting 2 'Mechs a month, a new map every 2 months, with a new game mode every 3 months. Is that an unreasonable request? I see many other games put out at least that much content on a regular basis.

#1432 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

View PostOdanan, on 27 June 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

whatever mech, it will probably be in this list

Posted Image

Nice uppercut!
That's the reason why we need the Banshee! ;) *kidding*

#1433 Zaptruder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 716 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

In what's quickly becoming a tradition, I'll repost from my fanart thread:

Unseen redesign time!

Posted Image

Feedback, comments. Chance of passing legal? (Not that it matters)

#1434 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

View PostZaptruder, on 03 January 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

Unseen redesign time!

Posted Image

I like your sketches Zap but if it resembles anything of the original design (and it does) then it's subject to a lawsuit from "The Company That Shall Not Be Named." (Cause I might be sick if I mention it.) ;)

#1435 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:34 AM

View Postnostra, on 02 January 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:

My prediction for next announcement: the Crab.

Nuts.

#1436 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

View PostZaptruder, on 03 January 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

Unseen redesign time!

Amazing Battlemaster. Again, much better than the original. I just loved the shield in the main gun.

Hey, why don't you remake the (ugly) Reseen?

#1437 Zaptruder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 716 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

View PostOdanan, on 03 January 2013 - 04:38 AM, said:

Amazing Battlemaster. Again, much better than the original. I just loved the shield in the main gun.

Hey, why don't you remake the (ugly) Reseen?

Thanks again.

But I'm not entirely sure how to respond to the idea of remaking the reseen... I mean... am I not just remaking the concept of the Battlemaster itself, rather than specifically the unseen or reseen version?

Looking at the various pictures, the reseen version draws as much design influence from the original as mine does, if not more so. Except it's ugly.

If that's the only qualifier you need to not have the design be litigated... well, I just can't accept that ;)

Edited by Zaptruder, 03 January 2013 - 04:53 AM.

#1438 Rinkata Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 315 posts
  • LocationSoviet Clans

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

Posted Image

http://mwomercs.com/...hlander-concept

This is the BEST Highlander concept ever.
And I can't wait for it's release.
I want it so hard... Huh... ;)

Edited by Rinkata Kimiku, 03 January 2013 - 06:54 AM.

#1439 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

View PostRinkata Kimiku, on 03 January 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...hlander-concept

This is the BEST Highlander concept ever.
And I can't wait for it's release.
I want it so hard... Huh... :lol:

It is indeed the best Highlander ever. Should be playable in the next 2 or 3 months.

#1440 Norris J Packard

• 1,972 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

View PostOdanan, on 03 January 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

It is indeed the best Highlander ever. Should be playable in the next 2 or 3 months.

Four months.

69 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 69 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook