20517 replies to this topic

#1481 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

While I would love to get my trusty Vindi back in the game, we already have the 45t BlackJack to come, I don't think they would put it in.

I know we have 2 35t and 2 50t mechs, I think were more likely to see another heavy or assault of similar tonnage to what we have before we see a second 45t mech.

Time will tell and we can only hope and pray.

#1482 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

View PostZaptruder, on 05 January 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

Cheers fellas. The head is a tricky one. I made it bigger to accomodate a cockpit (actually the cockpit has to fit in both the head and neck), and also kept the rule of thumb of having an orange glass plate cockpit. But I think the chin was a bit too much; I touched it up (took it away) and it seems to make something of a difference... but I think I'll have to revisit it later when I have some distance from the design.

As for the handgun... I think I prefer the mounted guns as well... but I'll keep the handgun in this case (just as something different) - because I want it to be differentiated from the Wasp as well (who has the right hand removed for the gun).

But here's the Phoenix Hawk (in Lyran Guard colours) with a mounted LL cannon instead of a hand carried gun.

Posted Image

As always, comments & feedback is appreciated. Cheers.

Next up: Shadow Hawk... then probably a bit of a break.

Wow, what a beauty! I mean, really beautiful, detailed mech here. I can't even think of how it could be better.

Shadow Hawk? I'm looking forward! (I find ugly all the original Dougram mechs)

#1483 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

View PostNorris J Packard, on 06 January 2013 - 12:12 AM, said:

Why is January 30th the next suspected day? I can't figure out where this is coming from. Most of the past conjectures have made sense, I just can't wrap my head around this one is all.

It looks like the circle now is 6 weeks (between the Blackjack and Orion were 6 weeks).
(this would also fit very well - the mech #21 would be announced in March, a perfect time to show the first Clan mech)

#1484 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

View Postchewie, on 06 January 2013 - 03:12 AM, said:

While I would love to get my trusty Vindi back in the game, we already have the 45t BlackJack to come, I don't think they would put it in.

I know we have 2 35t and 2 50t mechs, I think were more likely to see another heavy or assault of similar tonnage to what we have before we see a second 45t mech.

Time will tell and we can only hope and pray.

3 50 tonners. Hunchback, Centurion and Trebuchet.

The problem of the Vindi is not the tonnage: it has few and poor variants and it is (normally) too slow for a small mech.

#1485 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

well spotted Odanan. For some reason i was thinking the Treb was a 55.

Shows how long its been since i used one in TT or megamek for that matter.

#1486 Zaptruder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 716 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:04 AM

View PostOdanan, on 06 January 2013 - 04:36 AM, said:

Wow, what a beauty! I mean, really beautiful, detailed mech here. I can't even think of how it could be better.

Shadow Hawk? I'm looking forward! (I find ugly all the original Dougram mechs)

Cheers Oda. It was a tricky one for me to get right (I think some bits still need a bit of tweaking...), especially the head. It looks like a cross between a veritech head and a gundam head now; which is ok by me.

Also I love the Battlemaster still ;)

But I think a lot of that is owed to the excellent Kuritan rendition of it in the Camo Specs field guide cover.

As for the main topic at hand... It'd be nice for them to have a mech in each weight class... but the overlap of at least the Hunchie, Centurion and Trebuchet pretty much rules that out.

If I was a designer, I'd want to ensure that each new mech I introduce has a different feel and role in the game. That it can adhere to one of 4 primary roles... but that it has its own unique tweak on the gameplay experience.

A fast 40 ton runner/scout is filled by the Cicada.

The heavy hitter 50 tonner is filled by the Hunchback.

The all-round striker is filled by the Centurion.

Missle Support is filled by the Trebuchet.

Ranged Direct Fire support is filled by the Blackjack which also fills the 45 ton slot.

Wait... what are we dicussing again? Another medium mech? Why do we have so many medium mechs anyway??

Edited by Zaptruder, 06 January 2013 - 05:08 AM.

#1487 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

View Postchewie, on 06 January 2013 - 03:12 AM, said:

Is it some kind of fetish amongst you, Feddies?

Whenerver a Capellan mech is mentioned, you can bet your whole arm acutator there will be some Davion who loves the mech. ;)

Also, Odanan. A quasi Phoenix Hawk (drop some HS on 1AA, change weapons to suit it and up the engine), AC/2 in head and other interesting customistaions.

Edited by Adridos, 06 January 2013 - 05:24 AM.

#1488 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

View PostAdridos, on 06 January 2013 - 05:10 AM, said:

Whenerver a Capellan mech is mentioned, you can bet your whole arm acutator there will be some Davion who loves the mech. ;)

Also, Odanan. A quasi Phoenix Hawk (drop some HS on 1AA, change weapons to suit it and up the engine), AC/2 in head and other interesting customistaions.

There aren't many Fed engineers. Why projecting new mechs if you can steal the designs from the Capies?

Vindicator as Phoenix Hawk? Well... you can do something similar* with the Blackjack (which currently looks more like the Phoenix Hawk, anyway).

This is probably the closer you will get to a Phoenix Hawk (or a LAN) in MWO.

*I know, even with the engine upgrade it will be slower than the PH, but better armed.

#1489 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

View PostOdanan, on 06 January 2013 - 05:49 AM, said:

It lacks proper arms and a human silouete. ;)

#1490 Norris J Packard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

View PostOdanan, on 06 January 2013 - 04:39 AM, said:

It looks like the circle now is 6 weeks (between the Blackjack and Orion were 6 weeks).
(this would also fit very well - the mech #21 would be announced in March, a perfect time to show the first Clan mech)

Eh, I'd be rather surprised if it didn't show up on the 17th like the Orion did.

#1491 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

View PostAdridos, on 06 January 2013 - 05:10 AM, said:

Whenerver a Capellan mech is mentioned, you can bet your whole arm acutator there will be some Davion who loves the mech. :ph34r:

Because at the time, it was cheaper than my BJ-1Dc IIRC

Plus its always fun to splat Caps in their own hardware ;)

#1492 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

View PostZaptruder, on 05 January 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

As always, comments & feedback is appreciated. Cheers.

You've got a fan in me Zap! Thanks for sharing your talents.

#1493 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

View PostOdanan, on 06 January 2013 - 05:49 AM, said:

There aren't many Fed engineers. Why projecting new mechs if you can steal the designs from the Capies?

Vindicator as Phoenix Hawk? Well... you can do something similar* with the Blackjack (which currently looks more like the Phoenix Hawk, anyway).

*I know, even with the engine upgrade it will be slower than the PH, but better armed.

To be fair, there are plenty of FedCom engineers. We just already have all the good mechs so they are concentrating on LosTech and Warships. ;)

#1494 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

View PostTiger Woods, on 05 January 2013 - 11:19 PM, said:

What about the hermes II? It has 3 variants in the timeline that are all quite different than each other. Of course I personally would love nothing more than to get to pilot the clint with an XL engine in it.

While the Hermes is a good mech, the role it has is currently filled by the Cicada. I feel that eventually they will start adding in mechs that do similar jobs to others (like the Zeus/Awesome argument) but those will come later. Probably after the Clan mechs are introduced.

And since I didn't and other probably don't know which mechs are from which houses I figured I'd make a list. It's also a good list to go by when seeing the eventual in-house discount from the community warfare. Also these are just mechs in-game or announced for game, not all of them. Some of these are from multiple or may represent a variant created by the faction.

House Liao/Capellan Confederation
Cataphract 1X, 2X, 3L
Catapult A1, C4
Cicada 2B, 3C
Flea 17
Highlander 733, 733P, 733C
JagerMech S
Raven 4X

House Davion/Federated Suns
Atlas RS
Blackjack 1DC, 1DB
Cataphract 1X, 2X, 3D, 4X
Centurion AL, D, AH (The AH may not return to MW:O)
Commando 2D
Jagermech S, A
Raven 2X
Spider 5D
Trebuchet 3C

House Kurita/Draconis Combine
Atlas K
Catapult K2
Dragon 1N, 1C, 5N
Highlander 733
Jenner D, F, K
Spider 5K, 7K (?)
Trebuchet 7K

House Steiner/Lyran Commonwealth
Atlas D-DC
Centurion AL
Commando 3A, 2D, 1D, 1B
Highlander 733, 733C, 733P
Stalker 5S

House Marik/Free Worlds League
Awesome 9M
Blackjack 1
Cicada 3M
Flea 15, 4
Orion K, VA, V
Stalker 5M
Trebuchet 5J, 7M

Free Rasalhague Republic
Catapult K2
Commando 2D
Dragon 1C, 1N
Jenner D, F
Spider 5K
Trebuchet 7K

Common mechs between all houses
Atlas D
Awesome 8R, 8T, 8V, 8Q
Blackjack 1
Catapult C1
Centurion A
Cicada 2A
Highlander 732
Hunchback 4G, 4H, 4P, 4SP, 4J
Jagermech DD
Orion K, VA, V
Spider 5V
Stalker 4N, 3F, 3H
Trebuchet 5N

Unlisted Variants (lore approved, MWO denied)
Hunchback 4N
Trebuchet 5S
Raven 3X, 1X

Edit: Updated listing using the excellent PDF Sennin linked. The variants in the unlisted section are current for the timeline of MW:O but are not going to appear in the game.

Edited by Butane9000, 06 January 2013 - 08:47 PM.

#1495 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

@ Butane9000,

The Jagermech is a Federated Suns unit and the Highlander is listed as a Cappellan Confederation 'Mech on the 3039 Random Unit Tables. There are a few more I'm sure but I dont have my books in front of me.

#1496 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

For those that might be interested I have the Battletech Faction Assignment and Rarity Tables 3028-3050. It is a 75 page updated compilation of every major and minor factions' BattleMechs and Vehicles to include the Star League, Periphery States and the invading Clans. All information is taken directly from canon Battletech Sourcebooks, TRO's, and Record Sheets. Credit for this goes to Xotl from the MUL (Master Unit List) Team and the guys at the battletech.com forums. This truly is amazing and it continues to get updated as they move forward in the timeline.

You can follow the thread and continue to get updates on the BT Forums here...
http://bg.battletech...pic,1219.0.html

The direct link to download Battletech Faction Assignment and Rarity Tables 3028-3050 is here...
http://dl.dropbox.co...ables%208.2.pdf

@ Butane9000: I know this info is for the tabletop but it should help you with figuring out the 'Mech availabilty should be for MWO because availabilty is not just by 'Mech for a faction, it's typically by Variant.

@ Odanan: If you look thru this and find it useful to the thread then you are welcome to link it to the OP so it is easy to locate in the future.

[Edit: Spelling; Additional commentary to Butane9000 and Odanan]

Edited by Sennin, 06 January 2013 - 12:46 PM.

#1497 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostSennin, on 06 January 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

For those that might be interested I have the Battletech Faction Assignment and Rarity Tables 3028-3050. It is a 75 page updated compilation of every major and minor factions' BattleMechs and Vehicles to include the Star League, Periphery States and the invading Clans. All information is taken directly from canon Battletech Sourcebooks, TRO's, and Record Sheets. Credit for this goes to Xotl from the MUL (Master Unit List) Team and the guys at the battletech.com forums. This truly is amazing and it continues to get updated as they move forward in the timeline.

You can follow the thread and continue to get updates on the BT Forums here...
http://bg.battletech...pic,1219.0.html

The direct link to download Battletech Faction Assignment and Rarity Tables 3028-3050 is here...
http://dl.dropbox.co...ables%208.2.pdf

@ Butane9000: I know this info is for the tabletop but it should help you with figuring out the 'Mech availabilty should be for MWO because availabilty is not just by 'Mech for a faction, it's typically by Variant.

@ Odanan: If you look thru this and find it useful to the thread then you are welcome to link it to the OP so it is easy to locate in the future.

[Edit: Spelling; Additional commentary to Butane9000 and Odanan]

That's simply amazing! I will find some way to add it to the OP.

#1498 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Updated the listing as best I could with the tables you provided Sennin. Still some missing we'll have to figure out.

#1499 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

View PostButane9000, on 06 January 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

Updated the listing as best I could with the tables you provided Sennin. Still some missing we'll have to figure out.

Here is an easy way to help with that. For most of the 'Mechs pre-3050 if it had a M, S, K, D, or L after the initial model designator it meant the variant originated from one of the Great Houses. Example CPLT-K2 is a variant of House Kurita. Wether another House has access to that variant depends on the Lore behind it. A good example of this is the Cataphract factory(a House Liao design) on the planet Tinkonov was captured by the Federated Suns during the 4th Succession War and House Davion began using it to produce their CTF-3D Variant. Hope this helps narrow some of it down. I can help further once you have resorted the list.

#1500 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

View PostSennin, on 06 January 2013 - 07:02 PM, said:

Here is an easy way to help with that. For most of the 'Mechs pre-3050 if it had a M, S, K, D, or L after the initial model designator it meant the variant originated from one of the Great Houses. Example CPLT-K2 is a variant of House Kurita. Wether another House has access to that variant depends on the Lore behind it. A good example of this is the Cataphract factory(a House Liao design) on the planet Tinkonov was captured by the Federated Suns during the 4th Succession War and House Davion began using it to produce their CTF-3D Variant. Hope this helps narrow some of it down. I can help further once you have resorted the list.

I went through the list and sorted them. Any M series to House Marik, K series to Kurita etc. The remaining variants are all that is left.

36 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 36 guests, 0 anonymous users