• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

View PostArmorpiercer M82, on 15 January 2013 - 02:32 AM, said:

what about summoner ?

Read the OP (the part about Clan mechs).

PS: This isn't even the Summoner. It's his smaller brother, Warbringer.

View Postchewie, on 15 January 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

@ Odanan
Unseen Longbow
"Seen" Longbow
ReSeen Longbow

Oh... I see...

#1622 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

View PostOdanan, on 15 January 2013 - 03:05 AM, said:

Read the OP (the part about Clan mechs).

PS: This isn't even the Summoner. It's his smaller brother, Warbringer.

Oh... I see...

You mean Hellbringer

#1623 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:26 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 15 January 2013 - 03:09 AM, said:

You mean Hellbringer

This! Warbringer was my custom Hellbringer in MW2. :)

#1624 Armorpiercer M82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

ah ok, its clan mech hellbringer... ok then.

#1625 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

View PostArmorpiercer M82, on 15 January 2013 - 02:32 AM, said:

Posted Image

Oh my the IS "Loki".. Reminds me of my fun times with this, radar off, ECM on in MW4; going alone hunting and wrecking much bigger mechs with dual lbx10s, llas and a couple of mlasers :)

#1626 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

View PostThontor, on 15 January 2013 - 05:46 AM, said:

That's the Clan Hellbringer :ph34r:

True the In Inner Sphere folks didn't know it's proper name, so they called it a Loki, but it is a Clan omnimech.

They dubbed it the Loki because of it's batsh*t crazy configuration. :)

#1627 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

View PostThontor, on 15 January 2013 - 05:46 AM, said:

That's the Clan Hellbringer :P

True the In Inner Sphere folks didn't know it's proper name, so they called it a Loki, but it is a Clan omnimech.

View Postcdlord, on 15 January 2013 - 06:22 AM, said:

They dubbed it the Loki because of it's batsh*t crazy configuration. :)

Yup I know I know, it's just that I was so used at using the IS name (that's why I wrote "IS Loki") rather than the Clan one, as I guess many players from MW4 did, that were not much into the TT game :ph34r:

I have vets from my clan that when I say "loki" or "thor" yells at me "do you mean hellbriger/summoner?" B)

Edited by John MatriX82, 15 January 2013 - 06:51 AM.

#1628 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

Here's the right Summoner! ;)

Posted Image
by ~Punakettu

Yeah to heck with the stupid IS terms.

#1629 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

View PostOdanan, on 14 January 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

The Longbow in MW4M was really the Unseen, not the Reseen. I wonder how they did that.

Well, MW4 was released in 2002 - right around the same time that "the Tokyo District Court issued a judgment that the copyright for Macross lies with Studio Nue and Big West" rather than Tatsunoko Productions (the source of HG's license to the Macross-related material).

On February 25, 2002, the Tokyo District Court issued a judgment that the copyright for Macross lies with Studio Nue and Big West. Tatsunoko had attempted to argue that they also held copyright because concept materials brought to them originally by the other two parties were simply "rough sketches" that were significantly different from the final product, and it was they who had fleshed out these concepts into their final form. The judge rejected these arguments. Unfortunately, the verdict does not comment on the validity of the previous "memorandum" between the three parties granting international rights to Tatsunoko.

In addition, the court denied Big West's request for a restraining order on further Macross production or licensing by Tatsunoko saying, "there is no reason to grant the request as we determine there is no risk of the defendant creating new Macross movies or licensing third parties to do so."

Between the Japanese court's decision (which would likely cast substantial doubt on the legitimacy of HG's claims to the franchise) and the involvement of Microsoft Game Studios (whose parent company has both a likely-larger-and-more-competent legal team and the resources to beat HG at their own game (that is, "drag out litigation until the other party goes bankrupt")), and the Longbow not being among the more popular Unseen (as it is certainly not on the same pedestal as the Marauder or the Warhammer), HG would have had the choice of I.) death by their own preferred poison or II.) backing down.

It almost makes me wish MGS and FASA had gone with a more-popular Unseen, and/or pressed the issue in light of the Japanese ruling... >;)

#1630 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Zeus. Has the best loadouts of any 80 tonner. That's why the variants are so similar. They are the best options for hardpoints. This actually allows alot of variation in exactly how many of each hardpoint type each variant gets.

Zeus. It's the Mech of the future!!!

#1631 Norris J Packard

• 1,972 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

View PostLightfoot, on 15 January 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

Zeus. Has the best loadouts of any 80 tonner. That's why the variants are so similar. They are the best options for hardpoints. This actually allows alot of variation in exactly how many of each hardpoint type each variant gets.

Also known as the 5-ton heavier Orion that lets the other team bring an Atlas, I'll pass.

#1632 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

View PostLightfoot, on 15 January 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

I'm going with Norris on this one. It's like they fused the Awesome and the Orion together.

I'll I want is the Banshee. Those shades!

#1633 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

Just watched Die Hard with a Vengance, can't help but imagine Zeus (Samuel L. Jackson) saying: "My name's Zeus. You know, the god of Mt. Olypus. Don't mess with me or I'll shove a PPC up your rear armor." :)

#1634 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

So, the Spider is as bad as it looks?

#1635 Norris J Packard

• 1,972 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

View PostOdanan, on 16 January 2013 - 03:35 AM, said:

So, the Spider is as bad as it looks?

I think it looks great, the demi-wings are even animated.

However it is terrible to field, but a blast to zoom around in an JJ in like nobody's business.

Stick to your Ravens.

#1636 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

View PostNorris J Packard, on 16 January 2013 - 03:36 AM, said:

I think it looks great, the demi-wings are even animated.

However it is terrible to field, but a blast to zoom around in an JJ in like nobody's business.

Stick to your Ravens.

Confirmed, the Spider is a helluva jumper, but while ECM remains as it it, it's just another victim of the carrion crow.

And on another note, looks like our next hero mech is a Commando. Interesting.......

#1637 Brut4ce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 364 posts
  • LocationLand's End

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

Hi all!

Just a short question here thats been bugging me since yesterday, and looks like evryone has forgotten about it.

I am pretty sure, that i saw the Orion been announced in December (the relevent announcement is still in the forums along with the artwork), and i could swear i've seen it in "Battlemechs section "greyed out" and noted as "Preparing for launch" or something. But now there's nothing there in the heavy mechs....

So.... Where's the Orion??????????

*Cheers*

#1638 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:01 AM

View PostBrut4ce, on 16 January 2013 - 05:27 AM, said:

Hi all!

Just a short question here thats been bugging me since yesterday, and looks like evryone has forgotten about it.

I am pretty sure, that i saw the Orion been announced in December (the relevent announcement is still in the forums along with the artwork), and i could swear i've seen it in "Battlemechs section "greyed out" and noted as "Preparing for launch" or something. But now there's nothing there in the heavy mechs....

So.... Where's the Orion??????????

*Cheers*

They will add the current wave altogether. Whenever they announce the next assault mech (today we hope) then they will add the Flea, Blackjack, Orion and whatever the 5th assault is going to be in the next couple of days.

As for the Commando hero mech I am not impressed. The last thing we need in the game now is another light variant. We have plenty as is. Though I do understand why the Commando is getting one (seriously, it was* the weakest chassis in the game) I still think the Awesome would have been a better choice.

* Spider

Edited by Butane9000, 16 January 2013 - 06:01 AM.

#1639 CJDodo

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

View PostButane9000, on 16 January 2013 - 06:01 AM, said:

They will add the current wave altogether. Whenever they announce the next assault mech (today we hope) then they will add the Flea, Blackjack, Orion and whatever the 5th assault is going to be in the next couple of days.

As for the Commando hero mech I am not impressed. The last thing we need in the game now is another light variant. We have plenty as is. Though I do understand why the Commando is getting one (seriously, it was* the weakest chassis in the game) I still think the Awesome would have been a better choice.

* Spider

Agreed, but if they were to add a Commando variant I'd prefer a COM-1C over a Hero mech, an AC/2 and a medium laser on that would be fun.

#1640 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

View PostCJDodo, on 16 January 2013 - 06:38 AM, said:

Agreed, but if they were to add a Commando variant I'd prefer a COM-1C over a Hero mech, an AC/2 and a medium laser on that would be fun.

Gaussmando? :)

93 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 93 guests, 0 anonymous users