ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:04 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 02 June 2017 - 09:23 PM, said:

I'm thinking the Nightstar will have Marauder iic hitboxes, basically sides can be vulnerable but it can face up anything.

Marauder IIC can do that because Clan XL. I have no problem hitting an ST on one, but since you need to kill both sides on a Clan Mech to get the kill.. smart money is to shoot CT... which is easy to Shake/Spread.

This mech doesn't get a Clan XL. So if if you run an XL... it won't be that hard (by the art) to focus the big Turkey Butt Protruding up top.

Yes, you can counter that with an STD or LFE to get the Marauder IIC Shake advantage.... but again, not without giving up speed/firepower.

#16502 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:41 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 02 June 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

Marauder IIC can do that because Clan XL. I have no problem hitting an ST on one, but since you need to kill both sides on a Clan Mech to get the kill.. smart money is to shoot CT... which is easy to Shake/Spread.

This mech doesn't get a Clan XL. So if if you run an XL... it won't be that hard (by the art) to focus the big Turkey Butt Protruding up top.

Yes, you can counter that with an STD or LFE to get the Marauder IIC Shake advantage.... but again, not without giving up speed/firepower.

Well technically if your aim is good enough you can hit any mech's ST at any time. I'm just saying that the Nightstar looks like it'll be quite good at face tanking but not be good at spreading dmg from the side, especially from taller mechs.

#16503 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:09 AM

I just realized something that got me even more excited. Now that the Nightstar has been announced that mens there's a good chance that Spooky will do some artwork featuring it! =D

#16504 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:18 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 03 June 2017 - 05:09 AM, said:

I just realized something that got me even more excited. Now that the Nightstar has been announced that mens there's a good chance that Spooky will do some artwork featuring it! =D

I too thought the same thing about the Mad Cat MK II! I almost contacted him to do one. I'll need a new 4K wallpaper for when I buy the PG27UQ in Q4!

https://www.asus.com...G-SWIFT-PG27UQ/

#16505 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 June 2017 - 06:08 AM

Does anyone else see the Arctic Fox Wolf1 being on the receiving end of a massive amount of complaints? It looks like it's got a larger missile load out than a mad dog and plenty of ammo to support it. I'm worried that they're going to be looking to destroy that thing with a nerf bat before it even hits the ground.

Edited by SuperFunkTron, 03 June 2017 - 09:02 AM.

#16506 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 03 June 2017 - 06:48 AM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 03 June 2017 - 06:08 AM, said:

Does anyone else see the Arctic Fox 1 being on the receiving end of a massive amount of complaints? It looks like it's got a larger missile load out than a mad dog and plenty of ammo to support it. I'm worried that they're going to be looking to destroy that thing with a nerf bat before it even hits the ground.

Arctic Wolf.... The Arctic Fox is an IS knock off of the Kit Fox.....

#16507 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 03 June 2017 - 06:48 AM

Does anyone else see the Arctic Fox 1 being on the receiving end of a massive amount of complaints? It looks like it's got a larger missile load out than a mad dog and plenty of ammo to support it. I'm worried that they're going to be looking to destroy that thing with a nerf bat before it even hits the ground.

Was not aware that the IS knockoff was in game. Posted Image

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Arctic_Fox

Realistic response? Think about it critically for a second. Really stop and ponder. It actually has more missile hardpoints than it can realistically use outside of boating SRM2. In any case, it is a 40-ton mech, like the Assassin, that primarily relies on splat, like the Assassin. The majority of ACW Omnis will be packing 4-5 launchers, and the battlemech probably cannot easily support more than 6 before ghost heat and/or free space issues crop up.

View PostMetus regem, on 03 June 2017 - 06:48 AM, said:

Arctic Wolf.... The Arctic Fox is an IS knock off of the Kit Fox.....

Ninja'd.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 03 June 2017 - 06:49 AM.

#16508 Zergling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:16 AM

I think I predicted the Osiris after the first lot of Civil War mechs were announced.

Edited by Zergling, 03 June 2017 - 07:37 AM.

#16509 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:02 AM

Hmmm, most of this new set was pretty popular in the polls.

Osiris: Might be good, since it will be our first IS 30 ton chicken walker.

Nightstar: Will have all the same hitbox problems as the Knockoff, minus Clan XL.

Arctic Wolf: Having a similar silhouette as the Cataphract might be a problem, but it's fast and has a fair amount of firepower.

Nova Cat: If this thing comes out with these proportions it will be absolutely screwed by Volumetric Scaling.

All in all, the only one that even moderately interests me is the Osiris, and that is more because we now have a good chance of seeing it's partner unit, the Anubis, come into the game.

#16510 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:11 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 03 June 2017 - 06:48 AM, said:

Realistic response? Think about it critically for a second. Really stop and ponder. It actually has more missile hardpoints than it can realistically use outside of boating SRM2. In any case, it is a 40-ton mech, like the Assassin, that primarily relies on splat, like the Assassin. The majority of ACW Omnis will be packing 4-5 launchers, and the battlemech probably cannot easily support more than 6 before ghost heat and/or free space issues crop up.

That's what I thought at first, but then I saw that it is carrying 6x SRM6, 2x SRM4, and a Narc stock. Narc with ammo alone can be exchanged for a few tons of extra armor so heat looks like the singular issue that may hold this thing back. It will be a nice to boon clan scouting matches at least ;)

#16511 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:06 AM

Does anyone else see the Arctic Fox Wolf1 being on the receiving end of a massive amount of complaints? It looks like it's got a larger missile load out than a mad dog and plenty of ammo to support it. I'm worried that they're going to be looking to destroy that thing with a nerf bat before it even hits the ground.

at 40 ton fragility, I doubt it. For one thing, it has a ton of launchers, but light armor to do that, and that is generally without artemis, etc, so spread all over, heat all over, and limited ammo endurance.

Total package. TO use those 9 hardpoints it will be a mix of 2x nd 4s, not 6s and 4s.

#16512 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:10 AM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 03 June 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

That's what I thought at first, but then I saw that it is carrying 6x SRM6, 2x SRM4, and a Narc stock. Narc with ammo alone can be exchanged for a few tons of extra armor so heat looks like the singular issue that may hold this thing back. It will be a nice to boon clan scouting matches at least Posted Image

And the rest of the story....

6 tons std armor
10 heatsinks (double) (an alpha generates 30)
4 tons ammo for 8 SRM launchers (or half a ton per launcher)
Clan SRM4/6s without Artemis = SPREAD

NARC reclaims you 3 tons.

#16513 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:58 PM

ACW1 I'm toying with 5xSRM2 in the Torsos, 4x SRM4 in the arms, but since Clan Artemis is still 1 ton (which seems odd TBH, but it is what it is) so using Arty on your ACW1 uses up 9 tons .........which, is no bueno. Ans Clan SRM6 without Arty? IMO you might get real high dmg numbers but your focus capability will be total garbage.

Depending on mode, style and tactic, you will need at least 6 tons ammo, realistically, maybe 8 tons for std QP. (unless you plan to be disposable) of your 18 tons of weapons... without touching heatsinks or armor yet.

So a scout mode build...

Stock 280XL Engine and Endo
7 ton Ferro Armor
5x SRM2 (Torso) and 4x SRM4 (2x per arm) allow for you to not trigger GH, control your fire groups for heat, etc and SRM2s have great DPS for weight.
6.5 tons ammo
CAP (you get minimal benefit but it helps your lance by negating an enemy ECM)
3x DHS.

Sounds like a pretty solid build, but it's hardly some world eating monster. It's still gonna be hot as balls, and you will probably be juggling fire groups a lot to manage that. But for 1-2 initial ambush volleys.... that's 52 alpha, though with some spread after 100 meters.

#16514 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:46 PM

That camo... Posted Image
Posted Image

#16515 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:59 PM

View PostUncle Totty, on 03 June 2017 - 05:46 PM, said:

That camo... Posted Image

Needed more googly eyes.

Edit:

Posted Image

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 03 June 2017 - 06:02 PM.

#16516 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 June 2017 - 12:24 PM

Talking about camos...
Posted Image
Posted ImageThose are some of the most beautiful camos ever seem in MWO.

Edited by Odanan, 04 June 2017 - 12:28 PM.

#16517 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 12:35 PM

Why is this thread NOT stickied?

#16518 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 04 June 2017 - 12:49 PM

View Postcazidin, on 04 June 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

We have been wondering that for nearly 800 pages now....

Edited by Metus regem, 04 June 2017 - 12:49 PM.

#16519 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:20 PM

I'm worried that they're going to be looking to destroy that thing with a nerf bat before it even hits the ground.

Following the circle of nerfs and buffs regarding mechs around here...
Such missile heavy mechs might be at the mercy of crybabies that feel threatened by missile rain, since they cant adopt and use all the counter there is.
They will spread salty tears until PGI have to bring about the nerf bat. And then the rest of us will complain about that and they will sit in the corner and gloat, thinking
"My comforz zone is safe. saaafe, lurmer scum"!

#16520 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:23 PM

View Postcazidin, on 04 June 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

We are the pin!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users