20517 replies to this topic

#16941 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:27 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 19 July 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

Still I caught it before the edit... Posted Image

That being said, the Crusader is actually not a bad choice, it has lots of varaints with lots of verity to chose from, everything from the walking ammo bomb that is the CDR-3R to the stealth ganker that is the CDR-7L..

For MWO that'd give them the following to chose from for variants:

CDR-3R
CDR-3D
CDR-3K
CDR-3L
CDR-4BR
CDR-4D
CDR-4K
CDR-5K
CDR-5M
CDR-5S
CDR-7L

That's 11 varaints!Posted Image

Yep on all points.

I was tempted by a couple others like the Guillotine and the Champion, to be sure.

Champion has such a big mix of variants, including some with NewTech, iirc.

IS is getting a bit thin in the medium range, but I didn't figure PGI would go light+medium for the ClanTech, so that meant an IS medium. I just had to decide who got the heavy and the assault.

Nothing left but to wait ;)

Edited by Virlutris, 19 July 2017 - 12:28 PM.

#16942 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:30 PM

View PostVirlutris, on 19 July 2017 - 12:27 PM, said:

Yep on all points.

I was tempted by a couple others like the Guillotine and the Champion, to be sure.

Champion has such a big mix of variants, including some with NewTech, iirc.

IS is getting a bit thin in the medium range, but I didn't figure PGI would go light+medium for the ClanTech, so that meant an IS medium. I just had to decide who got the heavy and the assault.

Nothing left but to wait Posted Image

I still think a solid choice for an IS assault (again) would be the charger, loads of variants and some of them are very different... like the 400 engine packing CGR-1A1 and the CQB monster that is the CGR-1A5....

#16943 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:36 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 19 July 2017 - 12:30 PM, said:

I still think a solid choice for an IS assault (again) would be the charger, loads of variants and some of them are very different... like the 400 engine packing CGR-1A1 and the CQB monster that is the CGR-1A5....

Can't really argue with that, and we know the concept art'sart' s been since before the initial Resistance 1 assault mech poll.

What would your ClanTech heavy chassis be in that scenario?

#16944 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:51 PM

View PostVirlutris, on 19 July 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

Can't really argue with that, and we know the concept art'sart' s been since before the initial Resistance 1 assault mech poll.

What would your ClanTech heavy chassis be in that scenario?

Clan heavy?

Now that is a real question, do you want my Omni pick or my Battlemech pick?

For Battlemechs, provided that lack of official variants isn't an issue...

Grizzly (70t), Thresher (60t), Hellfire (60t),or Glass Spider (60t) with a preference for the Thresher, Hellfire or Glass Spider due to 60t not being clogged with mechs.

For Omni's how ever with the exclusion of the Crossbow, we have to start looking at mothballed units, as most other heavies are using tech not in game yet, such as plasma rifles....

So that leaves us with these:

Lupus (60t, Mad Dog v0.5 or Archer v1.5 depending on your point of view), now the Lupus gives us the option of an ECM jumper in the prime config, the down side to her is a hard locked 300 standard engine...

Crossbow (65t) All arm mounted weapons, this is really dicy, but humanoid in shape so maybe not too bad.

Woodsmen (75t, Timber Wolf v0.5, Gargoyle v0.5) 300 series engine, hard locked again but with MASC this time.

If I had to take my pick for an Omni I'd go with the Lupus.

Edited by Metus regem, 19 July 2017 - 12:51 PM.

#16945 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,204 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:11 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 19 July 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

Clan heavy?

Now that is a real question, do you want my Omni pick or my Battlemech pick?

For Battlemechs, provided that lack of official variants isn't an issue...

Grizzly (70t), Thresher (60t), Hellfire (60t),or Glass Spider (60t) with a preference for the Thresher, Hellfire or Glass Spider due to 60t not being clogged with mechs.

For Omni's how ever with the exclusion of the Crossbow, we have to start looking at mothballed units, as most other heavies are using tech not in game yet, such as plasma rifles....

So that leaves us with these:

Lupus (60t, Mad Dog v0.5 or Archer v1.5 depending on your point of view), now the Lupus gives us the option of an ECM jumper in the prime config, the down side to her is a hard locked 300 standard engine...

Crossbow (65t) All arm mounted weapons, this is really dicy, but humanoid in shape so maybe not too bad.

Woodsmen (75t, Timber Wolf v0.5, Gargoyle v0.5) 300 series engine, hard locked again but with MASC this time.

If I had to take my pick for an Omni I'd go with the Lupus.

All the remaining Clan heavy omnis are crap. I hope none of them shows up in this game ever. (OK, the Lupus is kind of cute, but can be replaced entirely with the Hellfire...)

#16946 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:23 PM

View PostOdanan, on 19 July 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

All the remaining Clan heavy omnis are crap. I hope none of them shows up in this game ever. (OK, the Lupus is kind of cute, but can be replaced entirely with the Hellfire...)

Not entirely, the Lupus still does two things the Hellfire can't... Use ECM and jump.

#16947 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,204 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:24 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 19 July 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

Not entirely, the Lupus still does two things the Hellfire can't... Use ECM and jump.

PGI can make variants for the Hellfire based on the Lupus configurations.

#16948 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

Could really, really use a Clan 55 or 60 ton mech. Piranha is basically a known item, so it seems like we will finally get our 20 ton platform.

We have a 55 ton omnimech, so a 55 ton battlemech would be nice to have. It would be nice, if only we had a good one....

Oh. We DO.

Posted Image

The Vapor Eagle.

55 tons of hate. JJ, high speed, and several variants to add in. A solid looking mech that performs as well as it looks.

As for the 60 ton slot, my vote still goes to the Thresher.

Posted Image

60 tons, high mounts, another battlemech. Jump jets and MASC keep the mech interesting from a hardware perspective. A bit limited in its stock variants, however.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 19 July 2017 - 05:43 PM.

#16949 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

View PostOvion, on 19 July 2017 - 11:41 AM, said:

Posted Image

Noticed you accidentally misfiled the Nova Cat in the 75-ton zone instead of the 70-ton zone. 80 is the other tonnage point where options are especially lacking in comparison. 55, 60, and 80.

Wonder what 80 ton Clan options even exist, outside of the Warhammer IIC.

Canis
Phoenix Hawk IIC
Warhammer IIC
Naga (But that isn't happening because Arrows)

Not many to pick from.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 19 July 2017 - 05:34 PM.

#16950 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:29 PM

Want:
Firemoth

Shadowhawk IIC (I gained a new appreciation for this mech)

Rifleman IIC

Warhammer IIC

Expect:
Pirahna

Rifleman IIC

Crusader

Longbow

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 19 July 2017 - 05:40 PM.

#16951 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,204 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:42 PM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 19 July 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

Expect:
Piranha

Rifleman IIC

Crusader

Longbow

Oh, this would be a terrific pack!

Perfect, if it was the Fire Moth instead of the Piranha.

#16952 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:54 PM

View PostOdanan, on 19 July 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

Oh, this would be a terrific pack!

Perfect, if it was the Fire Moth instead of the Piranha.

Yeah personally I'm not a big fan of the Piranha myself, but I think we all know that it's coming sooner or later. I would rather much have the Firemoth myself to fill in the classic clan invasion lineup.

I have a gut feeling that the Rifleman IIC will be in for the next clan heavy mech since there aren't many options left for the clan heavy department. It has the nostalgia and decent civil war era compliant builds going for it. The question is like you already said if PGI is returning to 1 mech a month or still going with 4 pack (hoping for the later). It was also next in line right after the Nova Cat in the mech poll and Russ did give the RFL-IIC mech pack idea a like on twitter (located in my signature on page 6 at the bottom of the forum for anyone interested).

The Crusader and Longbow are classic TT mechs that fill the civil war era pretty well imo. I think there would be a better amount of sales from these two for the IS purists and vets at least.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 19 July 2017 - 06:05 PM.

#16953 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:11 PM

I am not terribly exited about the Crusader but I would probably buy it. It is a Mech that might look real nice rendered in MWO's style. And the fact that it has loads of canonic variants is a huge plus in the day of PGI-variants... (funny enough, PGI would have to avoid at least one: the CDR-8S with the crit-split HGR).

Also I like the name which is totally non-PC nowadays. Posted Image

However, even if I probably were a customer, I think there are much better heavy IS Mechs. Falconer, Dragon Fire, Toyama, Maelstrom... And in the 65 ton-class there is a hidden gem, the Verfolger. Unfortunately it is too much of a dark horse - even I had forgotten about it! - but it is a fine Mech.

#16954 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:15 PM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 19 July 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

Yeah personally I'm not a big fan of the Piranha myself, but I think we all know that it's coming sooner or later. I would rather much have the Firemoth myself to fill in the classic clan invasion lineup.

I have a gut feeling that the Rifleman IIC will be in for the next clan heavy mech since there aren't many options left for the clan heavy department. It has the nostalgia and decent civil war era compliant builds going for it. The question is like you already said if PGI is returning to 1 mech a month or still going with 4 pack (hoping for the later). It was also next in line right after the Nova Cat in the mech poll and Russ did give the RFL-IIC mech pack idea a like on twitter (located in my signature on page 6 at the bottom of the forum for anyone interested).

The Crusader and Longbow are classic TT mechs that fill the civil war era pretty well imo. I think there would be a better amount of sales from these two for the IS purists and vets at least.

As much as I like the Longbow, I think the Charger would be a better fit for a new 80t mech for the IS, as it is such a varried chassis:

CGR-1A1
400 standard
5x SLas

CGR-1A5
320 standard
AC/20
2x SRM/6
MLas

CGR-1A9
320 Standard
4x JJ
4x MLas
SLas
LRM/20

CGR-1L
400 standard
Large Laser
2x Mlas

CGR-2A2
400 standard
MLas
5x RL/10

CGR-3K
400XL
5x JJ
4x MPL
ALRM/20

CGR-SA5
320 LFE
LB-20X
2xSSRM/6
3x ERML

For the hero:

CGR-SB "Challenger"

240 standard
4x LL
MLas

By the way, all of those are canonical varaints...

If I were to make the Hero, I'd do something like this:

Spoiler

#16955 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:47 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 19 July 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

I am not terribly exited about the Crusader but I would probably buy it. It is a Mech that might look real nice rendered in MWO's style. And the fact that it has loads of canonic variants is a huge plus in the day of PGI-variants... (funny enough, PGI would have to avoid at least one: the CDR-8S with the crit-split HGR).

However, even if I probably were a customer, I think there are much better heavy IS Mechs. Falconer, Dragon Fire, Toyama, Maelstrom... And in the 65 ton-class there is a hidden gem, the Verfolger. Unfortunately it is too much of a dark horse - even I had forgotten about it! - but it is a fine Mech.

My second vote would have been the Toyama since it's an interesting all around mech. Only problem that I see with it is, like the Glass Spider, lack of canon variants and nostalgic mechwarrior game popularity (meaning less sales overall). It would be my go-to mech for the IS tech side if it were ever implemented in MW:O. I especially love it's high weapon mounts and shield arms.

View PostMetus regem, on 19 July 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

As much as I like the Longbow, I think the Charger would be a better fit for a new 80t mech for the IS, as it is such a varried chassis:

Wasn't the charger plagued with problems though? It's nothing that I have against the mech itself, but from what I read out there some of it's original variants of the mech are god awful. I'm not too sure if 5x small lasers and ten tons of armor are going to be a strong selling point unless it's quirked to death (which I'm aware that it has better variants and most people will upgrade the CGR-1A1 model). It's other models look somewhat decent and would be it's saving grace at least.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 19 July 2017 - 07:51 PM.

#16956 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:57 PM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 19 July 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

Wasn't the charger plagued with problems though? It's nothing that I have against the mech itself, but from what I read out there some of it's original variants of the mech are god awful. I'm not too sure if 5x small lasers and ten tons of armor are going to be a strong selling point unless it's quirked to death (which I'm aware that it has better variants and most people will upgrade the CGR-1A1 model). It's other models look somewhat decent and would be it's saving grace at least.

The real strength of the A1 charger was found in doing what the name suggests, charging it head long into something, it's a 5/8 80t battering ram.... but as MWO lack proper melee the A1 would likely see hard point inflation and strong quirks. My personal preferance for the Charger is the A5 variant, 15t of armour and a CQB beast.

#16957 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:58 PM

Hell, why not . . . It's not like it's the first time I've posted a wish-list of chassis or anything.

WANT: The Scout Lance Square-off Mega Pack to get both factions really caught up on the lighter ends of the mech spectrum.

IS - Wasp, Mongoose, Stinger OR Sling OR Nexus, Clint

Clan - Piranha, Commando IIC OR Dasher/Fire Moth (if PGI finally gets the guts to do it, since they know they can), Incubus/Vixen, Griffin IIC

Pseudo-Optimistically Expect:
Wasp, Crusader, Piranha, Rifleman IIC

Truly Expect:
Piranha, Chimera, MW4 Hellhound (probably use the Coyotl for variant basis), Argus

#16958 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:54 PM

View PostVirlutris, on 19 July 2017 - 10:10 AM, said:

Russ has said Piranha's coming.

Seriously? I expect a MG nerf incoming as soon as the Piranha lands.

Clan 60t is actually quite difficult. All the remaining available chassis have very few variants which can be realized in current tech. Not that this would be a problem as PGI can create their own variants (since the Piranha has only 3 variants that could be realized in current tech - Prime, 1 and 2).

I actually have a list for clan mechs that are currently available. IS list is still in the works tho.

Light:
25t Fire Falcon (Omni - Jade Falcon) - 7 variants
25t Locust IIC (BM - all factions) - 6 variants
30t Arctic Fox (Omni - Wolf-in-Exile) - 5 variants
30t Hellion (Omni - Ice Hellion) - 5 variants
30t Incubus (BM - all factions) - 5 variants
35t Horned Owl (BM - all factions) - 5 variants

Medium:
40t Battle Cobra (Omni - Steel Viper) - 6 variants
40t Phantom (Omni - Wolf) - 7 variants
40t Pouncer (Omni - Wolf) - 7 variants
45t Mongrel/Grendel (Omni - Diamond Shark) - 7 variants
50t Conjurer (BM - all factions) - 5 variants
50t Crimson Langur (Omni - Blood Spirit) - 6 variants
55t Black Lanner (Omni - Jade Falcon) - 7 variants
55t Stooping Hawk (Omni - Blood Spirit) - 6 variants

Heavy:
60t Crossbow (Omni - Steel Viper) - 5 variants

Assault:
85t Savage Coyote (Omni - Coyote) - 5 variants
90t Blood Asp (Omni - Blood Spirit) - 6 variants
90t King Fisher (Omni - Ghost Bear) - 7 variants
95t Turkina (Omni - Jade Falcon) - 6 variants
100t Imp (BM - Wolf) - 7 variants
100t Stone Rhino (BM - Smoke Jaguar) - 6 variants

Edited by Gasoline, 19 July 2017 - 09:19 PM.

#16959 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:22 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 19 July 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

Well the 65t slot for IS is kinda crowded. 60 & 75 have 3 each. You mentioned all the great 75t options but for a 60t there are 3 good choices.

1. Black Hawk KU
http://www.sarna.net...i/Black_Hawk-KU

2. Anvil
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Anvil

3. Lancelot
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Lancelot

I like the Anvil best but I'd be happy with all 3.

#16960 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,204 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:29 AM

View PostGasoline, on 19 July 2017 - 08:54 PM, said:

Seriously? I expect a MG nerf incoming as soon as the Piranha lands.

Clan 60t is actually quite difficult. All the remaining available chassis have very few variants which can be realized in current tech. Not that this would be a problem as PGI can create their own variants (since the Piranha has only 3 variants that could be realized in current tech - Prime, 1 and 2).

I actually have a list for clan mechs that are currently available. IS list is still in the works tho.

Light:
25t Fire Falcon (Omni - Jade Falcon) - 7 variants
25t Locust IIC (BM - all factions) - 6 variants
30t Arctic Fox (Omni - Wolf-in-Exile) - 5 variants
30t Hellion (Omni - Ice Hellion) - 5 variants
30t Incubus (BM - all factions) - 5 variants
35t Horned Owl (BM - all factions) - 5 variants

Medium:
40t Battle Cobra (Omni - Steel Viper) - 6 variants
40t Phantom (Omni - Wolf) - 7 variants
40t Pouncer (Omni - Wolf) - 7 variants
45t Mongrel/Grendel (Omni - Diamond Shark) - 7 variants
50t Conjurer (BM - all factions) - 5 variants
50t Crimson Langur (Omni - Blood Spirit) - 6 variants
55t Black Lanner (Omni - Jade Falcon) - 7 variants
55t Stooping Hawk (Omni - Blood Spirit) - 6 variants

Heavy:
60t Crossbow (Omni - Steel Viper) - 5 variants

Assault:
85t Savage Coyote (Omni - Coyote) - 5 variants
90t Blood Asp (Omni - Blood Spirit) - 6 variants
90t King Fisher (Omni - Ghost Bear) - 7 variants
95t Turkina (Omni - Jade Falcon) - 6 variants
100t Imp (BM - Wolf) - 7 variants
100t Stone Rhino (BM - Smoke Jaguar) - 6 variants

You can remove the Imp and add the Fire Moth.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users