20517 replies to this topic

#3841 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:14 AM

These guys (Thontor, Birdeater and Strum) are truly professionals...

BTW, I'm finishing to build my new gaming PC rig so I will be soon playing MWO instead of just following the forums. (I hope to fight alongside or against you guys very soon)

#3842 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

So, on the subject of the OP...

It seems like the Hero 'Mechs are being based on characters (both from BT canon, and made up by PGI) who are still alive at the point at which MWO takes place... which likely means that the Hero Orion probably won't be the Kerensky model (as he is quite dead at this point... and the Combine didn't have much more than the skeleton when they rebuilt it into a stock ON1-K, so they likely wouldn't have known about its loadout, anyway), and the eventual Hero Atlas probably won't be Danielle Rondema's 'Mech (as she died on Misery in 3028).

Thoughts?

#3843 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:59 AM

Don't worry. I'm sure that our paths will cross someday. :(
I remember...some months ago, Thontor kicked me in the b*tt on River City! :)

#3844 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:11 AM

Please correct me, if i'm wrong!

Yen-Lo-Wang (Justin Xiang Allard)
Ilya Muromets (Grigori Kovalenko) PGI made?
Fang & Flame (Donald & Martin Takeda)
Death's Knell (Bono Duganmare)
Pretty Baby (Danielle Peterson)
The X-5 (PGI made?)
Heavy Metal (Rhonda Snord)
Misery (J. Elliot Jamison)
Firebrand (Donald "Devil Don" Vincent)

Can't find any info about the X-5 Cicada.

#3845 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

View PostThe Birdeater, on 30 May 2013 - 06:11 AM, said:

The X-5 (PGI made?)

None of those mechs existed. All were pretty much standard loadouts except for Yen-Lo-Wang, which had a claw and it doesn't here, so it's made up too. :(

#3846 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:31 AM

The X-5 (The Garth) ;P

#3847 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 30 May 2013 - 05:57 AM, said:

So, on the subject of the OP...

It seems like the Hero 'Mechs are being based on characters (both from BT canon, and made up by PGI) who are still alive at the point at which MWO takes place... which likely means that the Hero Orion probably won't be the Kerensky model (as he is quite dead at this point... and the Combine didn't have much more than the skeleton when they rebuilt it into a stock ON1-K, so they likely wouldn't have known about its loadout, anyway), and the eventual Hero Atlas probably won't be Danielle Rondema's 'Mech (as she died on Misery in 3028).

Thoughts?

It makes sense.
As much I would want the Kerensky's Orion, I think the Orion hero will be the Lady Death. There is even a very cool repaint about it.

#3848 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

View PostThe Birdeater, on 30 May 2013 - 06:11 AM, said:

The X-5 (PGI made?)

From PGI's March 07 e-mail ("Test Your Mech in the new Testing Grounds!"), the pilot of the X-5 is supposed to be one "Leopold Crawford".

There doesn't seem to be any mention of him in the TROs, and a Google search for the name plus "BattleTech" or "MechWarrior" turns up nothing.

#3849 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:54 AM

View PostThontor, on 30 May 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

AFAIK we don't know what the loadout was on those mechs from canon. It doesn't say they were the standard loadout.

It's like in mathematics. When nothing else is said, you always assume you're going to answer in real numbers.

Notable pilots means they are good at piloting them, not that they are using a different mech altogether. :(

#3850 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:02 AM

View PostOdanan, on 30 May 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

It makes sense.
As much I would want the Kerensky's Orion, I think the Orion hero will be the Lady Death. There is even a very cool repaint about it.

Personally, I'd prefer Yvonne Morticia, from Team Banzai.

From Sarna: "Commander of the Team Banzai JumpShip Nth Dimension; a DropShip pilot; and a renowned sharpshooter in her personal Orion BattleMech."

From TRO 3025: "Looking as if she slinked out of a vampire video, Yvonne Morticia is the sexy, slightly disturbing member of the equally weird Team Banzai. Besides being an excellent gunner, she is also a DropShip pilot and the commander of Team Banzai`s JumpShip, the Nth Dimension.

It often seems as if Yvonne participates in a land battle to divert her from more intellectual tasks. She views the victims of her black Orion, named the Lurch, with pity and a hint of contempt for their lack of skills. She has been offered a newer `Mech, but turned the offer down, saying that the Lurch was too close a friend."

Team Banzai emblem:
Posted Image

Team Banzai paint scheme:
Posted Image

Pilot concept image:
Posted Image
(Kate Beckinsale, as "Selene" from the Underworld series)

Thoughts? :(

#3851 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

View PostOdanan, on 30 May 2013 - 05:14 AM, said:

These guys (Thontor, Birdeater and Strum) are truly professionals...

BTW, I'm finishing to build my new gaming PC rig so I will be soon playing MWO instead of just following the forums. (I hope to fight alongside or against you guys very soon)

I hope to see you in game. When you do let's all meet up in the NA beta TS or the NGNG server.

#3852 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 30 May 2013 - 07:02 AM, said:

Personally, I'd prefer Yvonne Morticia, from Team Banzai.

From Sarna: "Commander of the Team Banzai JumpShip Nth Dimension; a DropShip pilot; and a renowned sharpshooter in her personal Orion BattleMech."

From TRO 3025: "Looking as if she slinked out of a vampire video, Yvonne Morticia is the sexy, slightly disturbing member of the equally weird Team Banzai. Besides being an excellent gunner, she is also a DropShip pilot and the commander of Team Banzai`s JumpShip, the Nth Dimension.

It often seems as if Yvonne participates in a land battle to divert her from more intellectual tasks. She views the victims of her black Orion, named the Lurch, with pity and a hint of contempt for their lack of skills. She has been offered a newer `Mech, but turned the offer down, saying that the Lurch was too close a friend."

Team Banzai emblem:
Posted Image

Team Banzai paint scheme:
Posted Image

Pilot concept image:
Posted Image
(Kate Beckinsale, as "Selene" from the Underworld series)

Thoughts? :(

Very interesting idea! (will add it to the OP)

#3853 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

(though as I read the text about this Yvonne Morticia, I was thinking about Vampirella)

#3854 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

View PostOdanan, on 30 May 2013 - 08:33 AM, said:

(though as I read the text about this Yvonne Morticia, I was thinking about Vampirella)
Though, if one looks past the literal vampire references and instead goes for "genius goth", Abigail Sciuto from NCIS (portrayed by Pauley Perrette) does better fit the character concept of Yvonne. ;)

#3855 BarHaid

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

View PostOdanan, on 30 May 2013 - 08:33 AM, said:

View PostStrum Wealh, on 30 May 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

Though, if one looks past the literal vampire references and instead goes for "genius goth", Abigail Sciuto from NCIS (portrayed by Pauley Perrette) does better fit the character concept of Yvonne. ;)

Plus the obvious Addams Family references...

#3856 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

View PostJohn MatriX82, on 30 May 2013 - 12:24 AM, said:

Of course mate, I was simply speaking for myself, i don't like jagers but others do for sure ;)

no problem!! Maybe I can introduce you to mine sometime! ;)

View PostOdanan, on 30 May 2013 - 04:18 AM, said:

Looks like entirely "made by PGI", like the Misery.

MIsery is pretty obviously J Elliot Jamison's Stalker, from Wolf's Dragoons. I do wish they would add some better fluff spelling these things out more though, as if they aren't blatant, some are harder to guess than others.

#3857 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

View PostAdridos, on 30 May 2013 - 06:13 AM, said:

None of those mechs existed. All were pretty much standard loadouts except for Yen-Lo-Wang, which had a claw and it doesn't here, so it's made up too. ;)

the load outs were made up, but since all the above are mechs OWNED by notable Mechwarriors, it isn't out of consideration that they represent customizations made by these warriors over the years as new tech emerged. I mean, heck we aren't locked into stock, why should the "Legends"?

#3858 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 30 May 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

I do wish they would add some better fluff spelling these things out more though, as if they aren't blatant, some are harder to guess than others.

According to Bryan, they are planning on adding descriptive lore for each BattleMech.

View PostBryan Ekman, on 17 May 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

Ask the Devs #38

Maverick01: Would you consider adding Mech Biographies to the Mechlab for UI 2.0? Basically, the Mech Bio would give a description of the BattleMech, along with history, role, and capabilities. The Mech Bio would also show the lore behind Hero Mechs. This would be a great addition for new players and veterans alike!
A: Yes, we plan to add a lot more descriptive lore about each BattleMech and Item in the game.

#3859 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 30 May 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

the load outs were made up, but since all the above are mechs OWNED by notable Mechwarriors, it isn't out of consideration that they represent customizations made by these warriors over the years as new tech emerged. I mean, heck we aren't locked into stock, why should the "Legends"?

Becasue those legends can't afford it.

You have to be really rich and have the best mechanics found in the Inner Sphere to actually do this sort of thing. We shouldn't, either, but you can imagine how greatly received would be a Mechwarrior game without mechlab, altough it would solve so many issues with it (like MW:LL or BT3025).

#3860 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

View PostAdridos, on 30 May 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

Becasue those legends can't afford it.

You have to be really rich and have the best mechanics found in the Inner Sphere to actually do this sort of thing. We shouldn't, either, but you can imagine how greatly received would be a Mechwarrior game without mechlab, altough it would solve so many issues with it (like MW:LL or BT3025).

Yeah, don't get me started. I'm one of those hard ***** who would love a "Campaign Mode" where mechs are actually tough to come by and people end up basically choosing on Chassis to drive unless it's so badly destroyed it can't be rebuilt. Like my TT character Bishop Steiner who drive a Hunchback and then eventually saved and stole enough to get a salvaged Victor which was the last mech he ever drove. (even if he did upgrade it significantly after Operation Bulldog).

But I'm just crazy like that

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users