#3921 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

View PostMorang, on 04 June 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

After the Quickdraw? Same missile/energy mix, same speed, just 5 tons lighter and no jump jets. Don't think so.

The Kintaro's minimum armaments are 2 energy weapons and 3 missile launchers in each available variant (KTO-18, KTO-19, and KTO-20).

Each Quickdraw variant's (for the QKD-4G, OKD-4H, QKD-5A, and QKD-5K) minimum armaments include 4-6 energy weapons and 1-2 missile launchers.

Each Dervish variant (for the DV-6M, DV-6Md, and DV-7D) mounts a minimum armament consisting of 2 energy weapons and 4 missile launchers.

The Dervish and Kintaro are arguably much more similar to one another than either is to the Quickdraw - the former two are typically far more missile-heavy while the latter-most typically mounts a far more energy-heavy armament.

#3922 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 04 June 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

The Kintaro's minimum armaments are 2 energy weapons and 3 missile launchers in each available variant (KTO-18, KTO-19, and KTO-20).

Each Quickdraw variant's (for the QKD-4G, OKD-4H, QKD-5A, and QKD-5K) minimum armaments include 4-6 energy weapons and 1-2 missile launchers.

Each Dervish variant (for the DV-6M, DV-6Md, and DV-7D) mounts a minimum armament consisting of 2 energy weapons and 4 missile launchers.

The Dervish and Kintaro are arguably much more similar to one another than either is to the Quickdraw - the former two are typically far more missile-heavy while the latter-most typically mounts a far more energy-heavy armament.

View PostStrum Wealh, on 04 June 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

yes, except the Dervish is made of win and awesome and the Kintaro looks like a RoboChimp wearing a Hannibal Lecter muzzle.

#3923 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

I'm gonna go ahead and say I told you so on the Quickdraw.

Also Odanan, you need to update the first page :angry:

Edited by Butane9000, 04 June 2013 - 04:14 PM.

#3924 Phoenix Branson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

Quickdraw
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Quickdraw

Posted Image

Edited by Maverick01, 04 June 2013 - 04:30 PM.

#3925 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostMaverick01, on 04 June 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

This is probably going to be used as a hit and run CQB ambusher.

#3926 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

View PostAdridos, on 04 June 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

Well, we now know the next IS heavy mech... Quickdraw.

What were the other possible options?

Quickdraw? That was shocking.
Well, not that I`m complaining...
I suppose the Quickdraw at least is faster than the Guillotine and the Grasshopper (also jumping energy boats with some missiles).

But now I`m very curious to see the Alex Iglesias rendition on this yet another ugly mech. :angry:

View PostButane9000, on 04 June 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

I'm gonna go ahead and say I told you so on the Quickdraw.

Also Odanan, you need to update the first page <_<

Doing it now!

#3927 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

Does anyone know what Sarah's Mech is going to be? It's probably a new Hero Jenner, but if they wanted to maximize their donations to cancer research, it might be something crazy, like a reseen.

#3928 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

I think that if they did something beside her steed of choice, it would actually have a backlash, no matter if it were unseen/reseen or not ( and getting sued into oblivion by HG would probably mean less going to charity. And they stopped using the reseen for a reason too)

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 04 June 2013 - 06:47 PM.

#3929 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

Odanan, you missed adding the Quickdraw to the Mechs per Faction tab in the OP. :)

If I'm not mistaking, it's House Marik?

#3930 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

It´s ugly as hell!

#3931 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:16 AM

View PostEns, on 04 June 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

It´s ugly as hell!

We don't know what it looks like yet.

#3932 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:25 AM

View PostMaverick01, on 04 June 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

If I'm not mistaking, it's House Marik?

Yep, it is.

#3933 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

BattleMech #21 will be the Quickdraw? This must be a joke, right? Stop kidding me! This thing is so ******* ugly even FD can't fix it! :wub: Man, all these disappointed Orion fans ... :)

Btw: Where is the concept art picture?

#3934 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

View PostThe Birdeater, on 05 June 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

BattleMech #21 will be the Quickdraw? This must be a joke, right? Stop kidding me! This thing is so ******* ugly even FD can't fix it! :wub: Man, all these disappointed Orion fans ... :)

Btw: Where is the concept art picture?

I actually think I made a pretty decent QD once. I just dunno where I put the drawing. I incorporated more of the Industrial mech arm design from MW4 and a few things (the head was hideously hard to fix) . I did cheat and make it a "factory recall" and put some bloody armor sheaths over the stupid ankles though.

#3935 Cerebelli

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 244 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

So. The Quickdraw is drop dead gorgeous.

...There's a sentence I never thought I'd say.

#3936 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

So.. the Quickdraw's arrival confirms my feelings that the famous "6 ready mechs designs" are all IS mechs, and the Victor and Quickdraw are the first two.
Not only, but given that the Orion and the Quckdraw fall in the heavy category, it means we'll have 6 mechs per class, at least for the Inner Sphere mechs. Therefore we are still missing 2 lights, 1 medium (dervish?) and another assault.. oh my here are those famed 6 ready designs. None of them is a Clanmech unfortunately but hey, this means we'll be covered until January 2014.

It's a shame they have delayed the Orion after confirming it for this month for a while, the Quickdraw doesn't seem anything tremendously interesting (albeit still better than Jager and Blackjack at least for me), although until the arrival of the dropship limiter, it will probably be the chorus of the hbks/cents/trebs shifting the current gameplay to become even heavier than it is now. I guess I'll master them and then happily move on the Victor bandwagon.

#3937 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostCerebelli, on 05 June 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

So. The Quickdraw is drop dead gorgeous.

...There's a sentence I never thought I'd say.

Well, it also doesn't have the "anorexic Ice Warrior" aesthetic of the original art... :wub:

#3938 Colddawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 317 posts
  • LocationYork, Pennsylvania

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:50 PM

well, going off the original look of the Quickdraw.....I say they did pretty good.

#3939 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:15 PM

View PostJohn MatriX82, on 05 June 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

So.. the Quickdraw's arrival confirms my feelings that the famous "6 ready mechs designs" are all IS mechs, and the Victor and Quickdraw are the first two.
Not only, but given that the Orion and the Quckdraw fall in the heavy category, it means we'll have 6 mechs per class, at least for the Inner Sphere mechs. Therefore we are still missing 2 lights, 1 medium (dervish?) and another assault.. oh my here are those famed 6 ready designs. None of them is a Clanmech unfortunately but hey, this means we'll be covered until January 2014.

It's a shame they have delayed the Orion after confirming it for this month for a while, the Quickdraw doesn't seem anything tremendously interesting (albeit still better than Jager and Blackjack at least for me), although until the arrival of the dropship limiter, it will probably be the chorus of the hbks/cents/trebs shifting the current gameplay to become even heavier than it is now. I guess I'll master them and then happily move on the Victor bandwagon.

which I assumed all along.

The Clans though, I suspect, are farther along than we are led to believe. To make them work, they can't just introduce one chassis a month. THe Clans will have to drop 4 or more at a time (would be best to do a launch with the firsst 16 all at once, tbh), or PGI is really going to look like idiots, to be generous.

#3940 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

Alex Iglesias' talent is simply amazing! For the remaining IS mechs, I hope they add non-humanoid mechs to the game. At some point, all the mechs start to look similar. Therefore, I hope PGI picks the following:

Light: UrbanMech, Hussar
Medium: Sentinel, Crab
Assault: King Crab

Thoughts?

Edited by Maverick01, 05 June 2013 - 04:44 PM.

38 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 38 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook