• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:59 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 July 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

maybe..........

KING CRAB?
Posted Image

That King Crab looks great. Can we get the Thug too!!!

Edited by Ace Selin, 21 July 2013 - 02:00 AM.

#4443 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:36 AM

since PGI pulled a rabbit out of their hat with the Quickdraw, thought the Rampage might be a good candidate for MWOPosted Image once they get MASC working

Edited by SgtMagor, 21 July 2013 - 05:43 AM.

#4444 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

Just gimme a ...

Posted Image

and a Firestarter and i'm happy until the Clans are ready to rock! :angry:

#4445 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:34 AM

View PostSgtMagor, on 21 July 2013 - 05:36 AM, said:

since PGI pulled a rabbit out of their hat with the Quickdraw, thought the Rampage might be a good candidate for MWO once they get MASC working

I doubt they'll get MASC working before the Clan's come out. So far they'll just keep pushing the Flea back (to have an even number of 'Mechs, we still need one more unannounced) until, IMO, the Fire Moth. Gotta get that Fire Moth.

#4446 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

If they can throw in the Banshee variants: 3E,3M, 3S (and possibly the 5S), I would be very happy.

Edited by Will9761, 21 July 2013 - 05:05 PM.

#4447 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

The Sarah mech will be a Champion mech, not a Hero mech. Odanan, you might want to fix the OP. ^_^

#4448 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

It would be awesome if they added the Firestarter with the ability to burn trees in-game!

#4449 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM

About Sarah's mech, are you sure?

Edited by Odanan, 22 July 2013 - 04:06 AM.

#4450 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

View PostOdanan, on 22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM, said:

About Sarah's mech, are you sure?

Garth mentioned it in NGNG podcast 81.

#4451 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

I have made some qualifications that will help us predict likely future candidates for MWO.

1. First of all, currently right now, IS, pre 3050 mech. That will change as the timeline progresses to Clan.

2. The mech must be common and ubiquitious in the Battletech universe. Nothing rare.

3. Fairly conservative design, mainly humanoid or bipedal. Nothing weird or anything sort of like that.

4. The design is popular with the user base. That is a natural.

5. The final product makes it easy to render, although that is a lot more what PGI can and cannot do.

#4452 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

View PostAnjian, on 22 July 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

I have made some qualifications that will help us predict likely future candidates for MWO.

1. First of all, currently right now, IS, pre 3050 mech. That will change as the timeline progresses to Clan.

2. The mech must be common and ubiquitious in the Battletech universe. Nothing rare.

3. Fairly conservative design, mainly humanoid or bipedal. Nothing weird or anything sort of like that.

5. The final product makes it easy to render, although that is a lot more what PGI can and cannot do.

except that Highlander's haven't been common since about 2800. And the Atlas is supposed to be rather rare. (actually, Assault mechs as a class only make up approximately 10% of the arsenal of the Succession Lords. Stalkers and Zeus being among the only "Common" designs)

Neither the Locust, Jenner, Stalker, Catapult, Cicada nor Flea are "humanoid".

#4453 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

Every now and then, I look back at TRO 3039 and try to think what 'Mechs PGI will add next...
http://www.sarna.net...l_Readout:_3039

I cant get around the notion of them NOT adding the UrbanMech. It's iconic, has a massive following, and fills a niche role. Plus, PGI would make a small fortune having a hero variant. So this is my pick for the next light.

I also cant get around the notion for them NOT filling the 95 tonnage gap, which leaves the Banshee by default.

So the real question is what is the next medium. There are alot of contenders, but I would have to say Sentinel is my choice. This mech is non-humanoid, has plenty of variants and is fast. But my main reason is this gives a faction specific 'Mech to both House Steiner and House Kurita, which is currently lacking for Community Warfare. Basically, you kill two birds with one stone...

House Steiner: Commando, Spider, Sentinel, Awesome, Stalker, Highlander, Atlas
House Kurita: Spider, Jenner, Sentinel, Dragon, Catapult, Victor, Atlas

Edited by Maverick01, 22 July 2013 - 08:21 PM.

#4454 Benjamin Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 367 posts
  • LocationIn my Spider 5D, killing all your Dire Wolves.

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:19 AM

View PostMaverick01, on 21 July 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

It would be awesome if they added the Firestarter with the ability to burn trees in-game!

Until THAT can be done, and maybe setting buildings on fire, along with smoke effects for fires started, AND the heat effect actually works (last I heard the flamer doesn't actually induce extra heat, may be wrong on that) I can't see the Firestarter being terribly useful.

I have to agree with these. As interesting as it would be to see something like this, or any of the handful of other quadraped designs, it would require a whole new set of motion mechanics to put in the game. And I know they're virtually extinct by this point in the timeline and obscenely rare and expensive even before, but boy would it be interesting to see a Land-Air-Mech in combat...

#4455 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:36 AM

View PostMaverick01, on 22 July 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

Every now and then, I look back at TRO 3039 and try to think what 'Mechs PGI will add next...
http://www.sarna.net...l_Readout:_3039

I cant get around the notion of them NOT adding the UrbanMech. It's iconic, has a massive following, and fills a niche role. Plus, PGI would make a small fortune having a hero variant. So this is my pick for the next light.

I also cant get around the notion for them NOT filling the 95 tonnage gap, which leaves the Banshee by default.

So the real question is what is the next medium. There are alot of contenders, but I would have to say Sentinel is my choice. This mech is non-humanoid, has plenty of variants and is fast. But my main reason is this gives a faction specific 'Mech to both House Steiner and House Kurita, which is currently lacking for Community Warfare. Basically, you kill two birds with one stone...

House Steiner: Commando, Spider, Sentinel, Awesome, Stalker, Highlander, Atlas
House Kurita: Spider, Jenner, Sentinel, Dragon, Catapult, Victor, Atlas

Agreed, except for the fact the Sentinel is too similar with the Cicada to be added right now. I still bet in the Assassin.

#4456 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:39 AM

View PostMaverick01, on 22 July 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

There are alot of contenders, but I would have to say Sentinel is my choice. This mech is non-humanoid, has plenty of variants and is fast. But my main reason is this gives a faction specific 'Mech to both House Steiner and House Kurita, which is currently lacking for Community Warfare. Basically, you kill two birds with one stone...

Vindicator.

Not only is the Confederation still lacking a medium that basically defines the whole house until after Clan invasion, but it also plays on your card of House specific mechs giving FRR a mech they can call their own without Kuritans or Steiners having a hand in it. Which house needs a more 'unique' mech more? Steiners and Kuritans with all their Commandos and Jenners and Dragons and so on... or FRR with nothing at all?

#4457 Benjamin Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 367 posts
  • LocationIn my Spider 5D, killing all your Dire Wolves.

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:33 AM

View PostAdridos, on 23 July 2013 - 01:39 AM, said:

Vindicator.

Not only is the Confederation still lacking a medium that basically defines the whole house until after Clan invasion, but it also plays on your card of House specific mechs giving FRR a mech they can call their own without Kuritans or Steiners having a hand in it. Which house needs a more 'unique' mech more? Steiners and Kuritans with all their Commandos and Jenners and Dragons and so on... or FRR with nothing at all?

Gotta agree with that, too. You read the books, if Capellans are involved, Vindicators, Vindicators EVERYWHERE.

#4458 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:34 AM

This is a no brainer but is good to post for people that keep asking for stuff like the Uziel and Timberwolf.

This has already been disproved as important to the selection process. We've got quite a few rare designs in game, rarity doesn't seem to exclude anything, except maybe things like the Hoplite and Annihilator that are only seen in the Wolf's Dragoons.

Well, Locust and Cicada could be said to be semi weird, but we know that no Quads are coming (Thankfully!)

This is harder to pin down then you think. I don't think this can count as there's a ton of mechs and there's an equal amount of people who like certain 'mechs, popularity shouldn't be high on the list of what decides what gets in...people might miss machines they may come to love due to this.

I have faith in Alex Iglesias an the art team (GO HAYDEN!) over at PGI, so no matter what they decide to put in they'll be able to handle it :)

Short list of 'mechs I want put in next, mostly based on personal preference as we've got a good spread of 'mech coverage at this point...

Light : Wolfhound or Mercury. Yea, Wolfhound is a laser boat but it's still a cool 'mech. Mercury is awesome fluff wise, but probably won't be able to get in till they get MASC working.

Medium: Go Wolverine or go home! The Clint might be interesting as well, but the Wolverine is probably my favorite Medium 'mech.

Heavy: Axman! No melee? No problem! Take the Ax off, I don't care lol.

Assault: Cyclops would be a great addition, some variants are similar but still has decent diversity and could be a huge command style mech with ECM or other additions like the Command Console once they get it working. Hatamoto-Chi would be awesome to see as well.

#4459 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:42 AM

There are also the game mechanics to consider.

Currently, one must fully unlock the Basic efficiencies on at least three variants in order to unlock the Elite efficiencies for the chassis. As such, and 'Mech that does not have at least three variants will not work correctly under the XP system.

The variants are selected from among those that already exist within the BattleTech universe, and PGI has thus far shown no intent in developing variants of their own outside of the Hero 'Mech program and certain special-purpose occasions (e.g. the "Sarah's 'Mech") - which have thus far been available only for MC/real-cash.

It seems unlikely that PGI would implement a 'Mech with only two "currently" extant in-universe variants (or only one such variant), and use cash-only 'Mechs (e.g. Hero 'Mechs) to make up the difference, regardless of its seeming popularity (see: Mauler, Devastator). They have already seen the negative backlash from doing so during the period between the removal of the CN9-AH (in order to promote the Yen Lo Wang) and the introduction of the CN9-D - a period of several days of bitter complaints supported by the fact that one could not make use of the XP system and the efficiencies without paying real cash for a third variant in the form of the Yen Lo Wang.

Additionally, the lack of Engines with ratings below 100 precludes the inclusion of 'Mechs like the UrbanMech (which requires a 60-rated Engine) and its Clan-built counterpart (which requires a 90-rated Engine), regardless of their seeming popularity (and the fact that the latter only has exactly one variant available until the middle of the WOB Jihad).

#4460 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

LIGHTS:
-MONGOOSE
Posted Image

-HUSSAR
Posted Image

-URBANMECH
Posted Image

-FIRESTARTER
Posted Image

-PANTHER
Posted Image

-WOLFHOUND
Posted Image

MEDIUMS:
-ASSASSIN
Posted Image

-VULCAN
Posted Image
-CRAB
Posted Image

-DERVISH
Posted Image

-GRIFFIN
Posted Image

-WOLVERINE
Posted Image

HEAVIES:
-OSTSOL
Posted Image

-OSTROC
Posted Image

-RIFLEMAN
Posted Image

-ARCHER
Posted Image

-WARHAMMER (It COULD happen. With enough change to design)
Posted Image

-MARAUDER
Posted Image
Posted Image

ASSAULTS:
-ZEUS
Posted Image

-LONGBOW
Posted Image

-CYCLOPS
Posted Image

-MAULER
Posted Image

-BANSHEE
Posted Image

-ANNIHILATOR (updated version in the works)
Posted Image

-DEVASTATOR
Posted Image

-IMP-3E
Posted Image

KING CRAB
Posted Image

Are all viable candidates for the game, some due to their hardpoint versatility and optimization, others dues to their iconic nature. And it really doesn't matter if they "bring anything new to the table" as long as it meets one or both of those criteria. Do the Griffin or Wolverine really offer anything the ShadowHawk doesn't? Not really, but people want them.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 24 July 2013 - 08:31 AM.

128 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 128 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook