Ultimate Mech Discussion Thread

BattleMech Balance

20517 replies to this topic

#701 Marev Kilmer

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 41 posts
  • LocationOn the dealing end of the barrels staring you down... (Also Colorado Springs, CO)

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

I would love to see a Shadow Hawk, WarHammer, or Marauder. Considering the lore, I would say the Rifleman, Archer, Victor, and BattleMaster would be inevitable.

How many Inner Sphere 'mechs will be developed before they move to the invasion material? There are so many awesome Inner Sphere chassis that won't seem so awesome if they're not released with enough time before the Clans arrive. If we're already getting Ferro-Fibrous, Endo Steel, and Double Heat Sinks, we're at least sitting at 3040 when the Draconis Combine recreated Ferro-Fibrous, right?

Also, is there any chance at all that other vehicles will be implemented? Personally THAT is a MechWarrior development I can't wait for!

Edited by Marev Kilmer, 23 October 2012 - 03:13 PM.

#702 Deathz Jester

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

View PostMarev Kilmer, on 23 October 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

I would love to see a Shadow Hawk, WarHammer, or Marauder. Considering the lore, I would say the Rifleman, Archer, Victor, and BattleMaster would be inevitable.

How many Inner Sphere 'mechs will be developed before they move to the invasion material? There are so many awesome Inner Sphere chassis that won't seem so awesome if they're not released with enough time before the Clans arrive. If we're already getting Ferro-Fibrous, Endo Steel, and Double Heat Sinks, we're at least sitting at 3040 when the Draconis Combine recreated Ferro-Fibrous, right?

Also, is there any chance at all that other vehicles will be implemented? Personally THAT is a MechWarrior development I can't wait for!

For the sake of not wanting to go into it and saving you trouble of a longwinded unnecessary argument. The answer to your first question: is no, the Shadow Hawk, Warhammer, Marauder, Rifleman, Archer & Battlemaster will most likely not be in the game sadly. I'd say I'm 80-90% sure about that, then again there has been no definitive no or yes.

As for the second question: No

Q. Will there be vehicular combat alongside Mechs for the players this time?

A. At the moment we are not following up with combined arms (tanks, hovercraft, jets etc.)

http://mwomercs.com/support/faq

I would say it will be a very long while before they consider vehicles & combined arms.

Edited by Iron Harlequin, 23 October 2012 - 03:26 PM.

#703 Marev Kilmer

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 41 posts
  • LocationOn the dealing end of the barrels staring you down... (Also Colorado Springs, CO)

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

View PostIron Harlequin, on 23 October 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

For the sake of not wanting to go into it and saving you trouble of a longwinded unnecessary argument. The answer to your first question: is no, the Shadow Hawk, Warhammer, Marauder, Rifleman, Archer & Battlemaster will most likely not be in the game sadly. I'd say I'm 80-90% sure about that, then again there has been no definitive no or yes.

As for the second question: No

Q. Will there be vehicular combat alongside Mechs for the players this time?

A. At the moment we are not following up with combined arms (tanks, hovercraft, jets etc.)

http://mwomercs.com/support/faq

I would say it will be a very long while before they consider vehicles & combined arms.

LOL! No Long-winded argument! I can understand the reasons for not including those for balance and role purposes.

Sad about the answers, but thanks for the info!

#704 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

I think the first 3 mechs were released the same week as the site going online. I am among one of the second thousand people that registered here on October 31, 2011. Which reminds me, this site has almost been online for a who year!

Edit: Grammar.

Edited by BFett, 23 October 2012 - 04:22 PM.

#705 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

My guess for the next 'mech announced will be the Blackjack. It was popular in polling, and with increased RoF for light autocannons, it should perform well - it will also added some much-needed jump capability to the medium class.

#706 Phoenix Branson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 23 October 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

My guess for the next 'mech announced will be the Blackjack. It was popular in polling, and with increased RoF for light autocannons, it should perform well - it will also added some much-needed jump capability to the medium class.

Agreed. Blackjack will be the next medium.
The next light will be the UrbanMech, the next heavy will be the Orion, and the next assault will be the Zeus.

http://www.sarna.net...l_Readout:_3039

Q: Whens the UrbanMech coming? [DrnkJawa]
A: Later. [Garth]

Edited by Maverick01, 23 October 2012 - 08:08 PM.

#707 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

View PostMaverick01, on 23 October 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

Agreed. Blackjack will be the next medium.

People talked so much about the Vindicator that I'm putting it as a second guess.

View PostMaverick01, on 23 October 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

The next light will be the UrbanMech, the next heavy will be the Orion, and the next assault will be the Zeus.

http://www.sarna.net...l_Readout:_3039

UrbanMech? Ohh well... to be honest, I think they will halt the IS mechs in the 20 (5 for each class) and the next light mech will be a clanner.

Orion = for sure (there aren't many options left).

Zeus = I find the Cyclops more likely, but Zeus would not be a surprise.

#708 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

OK, updated the first post. Added the Vindicator and the Zeus.

#709 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Vindicator is a viable choice for this game due to the upcoming feature of community warfare and anything co-op, and I don't see it as a liable mech either.

Not sure if they'll bring out Marauder and Mauler.

Edited by Draken X, 23 October 2012 - 06:05 PM.

#710 The Necrotech

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

Summoner (!!!)

Crusader

Wolfhound

King Crab

#711 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

View PostThe Necrotech, on 23 October 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Summoner (!!!)

Crusader

Wolfhound

King Crab

Your post would be much more useful if you add some reasoning on it.
Something like; "I think they will add the King Crab because..."

#712 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

View PostOdanan, on 23 October 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

People talked so much about the Vindicator that I'm putting it as a second guess.

UrbanMech? Ohh well... to be honest, I think they will halt the IS mechs in the 20 (5 for each class) and the next light mech will be a clanner.

Orion = for sure (there aren't many options left).

Zeus = I find the Cyclops more likely, but Zeus would not be a surprise.

Ask The Devs 17

First, the UrbanMech is coming. At the minimum, that's 24 IS mechs (assuming 6 for each class) as we already have 5 light mechs announced + UrbanMech. I can't remember which episode of No Guts No Galaxy, but someone from PGI (thinking Garth) said they already have the first 32 Inner Sphere mechs planned. I need someone else to confirm this as I'm not 100% sure.

Edited by Maverick01, 23 October 2012 - 08:18 PM.

#713 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

Posted Image

Hammerhands

#714 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:15 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 23 October 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

Hammerhands

This.

Oh, let me close the subject:

The second exclusive Federated Suns BattleMech, the Hammerhands was developed in 2475 after a decade reviewing the performance and complaints received about the earlier BattleAxe. Little more than a heavier and slower version of the BattleAxe, the design received its name based on the impressive weapons carried in each arm, serving to trigger the Federated Suns' seeming love affair with autocannons. Much like its sibling design, the Hammerhands went on to influence and be outdone by the immensely popular Warhammer, causing it to fade into history, all but forgotten.

View PostMaverick01, on 23 October 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

Ask The Devs 17

First, the UrbanMech is coming. At the minimum, that's 24 IS mechs (assuming 6 for each class) as we already have 5 light mechs announced + UrbanMech. I can't remember which episode of No Guts No Galaxy, but someone from PGI (thinking Garth) said they already have the first 32 Inner Sphere mechs planned. I need someone else to confirm this as I'm not 100% sure.

It doesn't mean all the 24/32 IS mechs will be announced in a row. I still think the clanners will be announced after the 20th IS mech.

Again, this is not a topic like "What the mechs do you want in MWO?" or "What are the most awesome mechs?".
This is a topic for discussion of what mechs are likely to be added in the game and why.

#715 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

Need 75 ton mech with jumpjets, ballistic capability & missiles. I'd go for the Thanatos, my favourite of all time, but that will have to wait some years yet :ph34r:

#716 Marev Kilmer

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:41 AM

View PostThontor, on 23 October 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

no need for a long winded argument, just a link

Wow. ALL of them I mentioned. Heh. I knew about those legal issues in the past, but I guess I had been hoping for some resolution since. It's too bad that such iconic chassis from the series remain lost in legal purgatory.

Anyway, thanks Thontor! Good info!

#717 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

Odanan, what do you think they are going to announce today, if anything at all?

In the patch delay thread they said they had some other surprises for us, it very well might have meant another battlemech announcement.

#718 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:03 AM

View PostButane9000, on 24 October 2012 - 07:59 AM, said:

Odanan, what do you think they are going to announce today, if anything at all?

In the patch delay thread they said they had some other surprises for us, it very well might have meant another battlemech announcement.

If it is announced today (I think it will be only in November 7th) it would probably be a medium, so I would say Blackjack (or even Vindicator).

#719 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

So, did anyone tested the Yen-Lo-Wang? And the Cicada? What are the impressions?

PS: it looks like the Double Heat Sinks don't double the 10 free engine Heatsinks... (which is cool, BTW)

#720 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

View PostOdanan, on 25 October 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

PS: it looks like the Double Heat Sinks don't double the 10 free engine Heatsinks... (which is cool, BTW)

Actually, it makes them semi useless. 10 Regular Heat sinks inside an engine (going with a flat 10 just for convo sake) then I add 5 heat sinks for 5 more crit and 5 more tons of weight. 15 Heat dissipation. Go with double heatsinks, 10 engine (8 total, two stuffed in engine are double) + 3 double heat sinks. 18 Heat dissipation, 9 criticals, 5 tons of weight. Weight becomes almost a non issue when you add Endo Steel, so going the single heatsink route tends to be superior since you can add more of them for much less crit space and end up with better heat dissipation per crit allocation. I have better heat dissipation on my 'mech after this patch using regular heatsinks then using double.

Not too be off topic, but I also don't think it's going to remain that way. They'll change it so the base engine heatsinks will become whatever heatsink you've got selected. If not...then that's a bad decision in my honest opinion. It does appear to be a bug though.

Now as for next 'mechs being released? I still very much want to see the next Heavy be the Orion, and if we're going to get the Medium next I'd like to see either the Gladiator (not likely,) Blackjack, or the Dervish (which I think is most likely.)

Edited by Jack Gallows, 25 October 2012 - 07:33 PM.

85 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 85 guests, 0 anonymous users