20517 replies to this topic

#721 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:35 AM

I'm kind of happy with the not-doubling engine HS... it makes single heat sink something to consider, depending on your build. (in TT, DHS were superior in every aspect)

I'm having the same dissipation now with doubles, but got 6 free tons to play with. Not bad.

#722 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

View PostOdanan, on 26 October 2012 - 02:35 AM, said:

I'm kind of happy with the not-doubling engine HS... it makes single heat sink something to consider, depending on your build. (in TT, DHS were superior in every aspect)

I'm having the same dissipation now with doubles, but got 6 free tons to play with. Not bad.

Well, they've said it's a bug so the engine will correctly swap over to double heat sinks once they fix it. Even after the fix single heat sinks still have a place, but currently double heat sinks are rather broken because of it. The problem isn't weight, it's crit space. I've got more weight then I can use on most builds due to endo-steel taking up criticals in addition to the double heat sinks, making my single heat sinks a better choice since I can get better heat dissipation versus the double heat sinks right now. That's the rub, double heat sinks really aren't a choice right now. Single's won't go out of style, it'll just be more of a situational thing, need space then you drop to singles, don't have that worry/can manage your heat go for doubles. I've got quite a few builds I plan on still using singles since the weapons I have don't generate that much heat.

I'm still hoping for that Orion, and I really do want to know about that 32 'mechs comment if the IS 'mechs will stop at 20 or if they'll keep going.

Edited by Jack Gallows, 26 October 2012 - 04:35 AM.

#723 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:57 AM

It they double the engine heat sinks I will easily replace my founder's Atlas by energy boats. B)

#724 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

It's a good surprise to finally see the Cicada as a successful mech. Good job, PGI!

#725 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

Odanan, do you think we will get mech concept art this Wednesday?

I'm thinking the next mech is a medium and will be the Blackjack. If heavy it will surely be the Orion.

#726 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

View PostMaverick01, on 27 October 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

I'm thinking the next mech is a medium and will be the Blackjack. If heavy it will surely be the Orion.

I think it will be 7 November, because there were 3 weeks between the Flea and the Highlander. (maybe that's a new pattern)

Yes, it should be the Blackjack (or Vindicator) - for medium; Orion - for heavy; or Cyclops - for assault.

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 24 October 2012 - 07:22 AM, said:

Need 75 ton mech with jumpjets, ballistic capability & missiles. I'd go for the Thanatos, my favourite of all time, but that will have to wait some years yet :P

Take a look in the Cataphract variants. They are pretty close to what you want.

PS: 11 years for the Thanatos.

#727 Paul BlackJack Cady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationLyran Sector, Planet: Canal, Primary Base HQ

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

How does one go about promoting mechs to be used in the game?

eg. wolverine, shadow hawk, griffin, rifleman, archer, warhammer.

#728 Phoenix Branson

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

View PostPaul BlackJack Cady, on 28 October 2012 - 08:40 AM, said:

How does one go about promoting mechs to be used in the game?

eg. wolverine, shadow hawk, griffin, rifleman, archer, warhammer.

The problem with those mechs is they are unseen/reseen.

PGI will avoid them like the plague due to possible legal trouble.

#729 Paul BlackJack Cady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

I was just using those as reference mechs, we all know about the legal troubles FASA had... what I was meaning is there are literately thousands of mechs out there and from what I'm reading we are limited to what.... about two dozen..

#730 An Ax Murderer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts
  • LocationUSA, North Carolina

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

I'm totally stoked about the Daishi being introduced into the game. By far my favorite Assault class mech in the series. A few more heavy mechs would be nice however..

#731 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

View PostAn Ax Murderer, on 28 October 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

I'm totally stoked about the Daishi being introduced into the game. By far my favorite Assault class mech in the series. A few more heavy mechs would be nice however..

When the Daishi (Direwolf) is in, it will be the ultimate killing machine in the game.

(and please, MW4 players don't start telling "The X assault mech is better than the Daishi" because it isn't)

#732 Paul BlackJack Cady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

I like the Titan.

#733 latdheretic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

View PostMaverick01, on 27 October 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

I hope to see the next concept on Wednesday, they are going to need to either slow down on announcements or speed up on delivery eventually with releasing once a month but announcing every other week. This is part of the reason for the hiatus I suspect, but keeping the pattern going on launch week of Open beta would be a very good idea, so I expect the next announcement Wednesday.

I agree with your assessment on mechs completely: Blackjack or Orion. Both are common designs in this era, with weight and role profiles that are not yet filled by mechs, and have sufficient variants available in 3050 for the game's experience system. I suspect it will be Blackjack first, then Orion in 2 more weeks.

#734 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

View PostPaul BlackJack Cady, on 28 October 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

I like the Titan.

This (Grand Titan) or this (Titan II)?

#735 Tyrfing

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

View PostOdanan, on 27 June 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

Assault:
  • Cyclops. Pros: fills the tonnage gap; faster assault, lots of variants, could be used as a command mech. Cons: uncommon, primary variant too similar to the Atlas and the Highlander.
  • Victor. Pros: common, enough variants, ballistics based variants, jumping, faster assault mech. Cons: not very unique variants, play not very different from the jumping Cataphract variant; and we already got a jumping assault (the Highlander supersedes the Victor in all but the speed).
  • Battlemaster. Pros: the reseen is in the new Battletech’s logo; a command mech (several variants have command console) that would shine in the role warfare; iconic mech and a fan favorite – to finally play with it in a MW game would be quite nice. Cons: energy boat (as the Awesome); maybe the devs won’t use any of the Reseen/Unseen.
  • Zeus. Pros: iconic mech, faster assault, enough variants (though not all very different). Cons: lower end assault, similar to the Cataphract.

Still would love to see the Mauler.

#736 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

View PostTyrfing, on 28 October 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

Still would love to see the Mauler.

I would love to see the Mauler: it is the assault ballistics platform I was waiting for. But the Mauler doesn't have the necessary 3 variants to make it to the game. Too bad. :(

(you may still get the King Crab)

#737 An Ax Murderer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

View PostOdanan, on 28 October 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

When the Daishi (Direwolf) is in, it will be the ultimate killing machine in the game.

(and please, MW4 players don't start telling "The X assault mech is better than the Daishi" because it isn't)

Couldn't have said it better myself.

It'll be interesting, however, to see what they do to the artwork (if anything) and the amount of customization available to it. It will give the Atlas a run for its money if used correctly.

#738 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

View PostAn Ax Murderer, on 28 October 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

It'll be interesting, however, to see what they do to the artwork (if anything) and the amount of customization available to it. It will give the Atlas a run for its money if used correctly.

I'm very curious how they will handle the omni mechs in the mech lab.
Anyway, the clan mechs will be very strong, simply because all their weapons/equipment are better.

One thing they can do to avoid overpower Clans vs. poor IS fights is to restricting battles to Clan vs. Clan and IS vs. IS only. Or don't allow mixed teams and make something like 12 IS mechs (3 lances) vs. 10 clan mechs (2 stars).

About the redesign of the clan mechs, the artist (Alex Iglesias) already stated that he is very worried about making the art of mechs like the Timberwolf (Mad Cat). I think he will keep changes to a minimal in clan mechs designs.

#739 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

View PostOdanan, on 28 October 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

I'd still take a Marauder II, Nightstar, or King Crab over the Daishi. :(

Also, if they stay rather close to its original appearance, imagine how big the cockpit on the Daishi (and the Mad Cat as well, for that matter) could potentially be. :blink:
And people think it's easy to decapitate a Catapult now. Just wait... :(

#740 An Ax Murderer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

View PostOdanan, on 28 October 2012 - 04:47 PM, said:

One thing they can do to avoid overpower Clans vs. poor IS fights is to restricting battles to Clan vs. Clan and IS vs. IS only. Or don't allow mixed teams and make something like 12 IS mechs (3 lances) vs. 10 clan mechs (2 stars).

I think your idea on Clan vs. IS is a good one, for sure.

Do you have any idea how they will set up the purchasing of the Clan vs. Non clan weapons in the mechlab?

38 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 38 guests, 0 anonymous users