Buy Wave 2 As Collection Or A La Carte One Or Two?

5 replies to this topic

#1 IronLichRich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:58 PM

Are any of the non hellbringer mechs from the wave ii collection worth it? I'm asking because the content is super sweet, so I want to buy a collection, but if the mechs aren't good I will a la carte the hellbringer and a zeus

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:02 PM

I would just A-La-Carte it. Hellbringer is the only good chassis.

Lynx is 25 tons, Ferret is overengined and hardpoint deficient. Garg...is a poorly designed mech. Especially in MWO's infinite customisation with IS mechs.

#3 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:07 PM

Mist Lynx got a buff but its still subpar compared to Is lights
Ice Ferret isn't used at all.
Hellbringer is good.
Gargoyle is decent I think. Just gotta give it a big UAC and some medium lasers. Play it like a giant centurion.

Honestly if you don't care about the faction stuff or the premium time just la carte the hellbringer.

#4 Devlin Rosse

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:09 PM

The Invasion variants of the Prime chassis can't be painted, so I'd just wait until they're out for MC/C-Bills 'normally' and buy them then.

I may be in the minority here, though.

#5 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:42 PM

I find the collection to be garbage but the Hellbringer and the Mad Dog just rocks.

#6 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:52 PM

I enjoyed the Mist Lynx and Ice Ferret, and the Gargoyle's served me fairly well so far, so personally I'd go with buying the package (as I did). Obviously they're not for everyone, but as someone who enjoys lights and speedy mediums, and appreciates having a swift assault mech, the Hellbringer has actually been my least used mech of the package. (Though the Mad Dog has possibly been my most used Clan mech of both packages.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users