BattleMech 4 - Dragon

324 replies to this topic

#241 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:02 AM

View PostE6O5, on 28 November 2011 - 08:47 AM, said:

a na kiiih dasa ma tu lavu ruku? aby si mal cim zadok utierat? hodil by sa tam nejaky gatling

First man from my country I meet and he violates the rules 2 times in a single post. :)

Translation: Why the heck does he have that hand? He should clean his a.s.s with it? Give there a gatling instead.

Edited by Adridos, 28 November 2011 - 09:04 AM.

#242 GuntherK

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:29 PM

View PostAdridos, on 28 November 2011 - 09:02 AM, said:

First man from my country I meet and he violates the rules 2 times in a single post. :)

Translation: Why the heck does he have that hand? He should clean his a.s.s with it? Give there a gatling instead.

hehe, he probably will have an heart attack when he sees an Hatchetman...

#243 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:41 PM

View PostGuntherK, on 28 November 2011 - 12:29 PM, said:

hehe, he probably will have an heart attack when he sees an Hatchetman...

Really? *whistles* ;)

Posted Image

Not liking humanoid shapes of the robots is fine, even I have problems with some of them, but abusive language is not the way to tell it. :)

#244 dh crow

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:35 AM

Capable of handling threats at all ranges. Haha.

The Dragon is a piece of junk that can't handle anything at any range.

#245 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:35 AM

View Postdh crow, on 29 November 2011 - 03:35 AM, said:

At least it looks good now. :)

Edited by Adridos, 29 November 2011 - 05:40 AM.

#246 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:49 AM

What if that's the point? Force people to learn how to fight 'Mechs that are, generally, considered junk, or less capable of handling combat better handled by other types of units. Leave the better 'Mechs for sale on the store, and of course earning later in the game; however, on top of that, the strategy and tactics that need to be re-developed in the game will make it a good deal more fun to play. There are detractors who will talk about an 'arms race' and will point to the video about Free-to-Play games, but I would recommend the wait-and-see approach, because it will be more fun to play this way, for a while. Now, I am most likely wrong about the 'Mechs for sale in the store and, to a point, I hope I am, but even if it ends up that way, I think it will be fun, anyway.

#247 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:04 AM

Well for someone who has not even played this game yet, that is a very prejudicial statement. Let us just wait and see how this game evolves.

#248 Steelgrave

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 239 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:29 AM

Ah she's a beauty. Been looking through my old 3025 book. She's a solid mech.

#249 Steelgrave

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 239 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:38 AM

View PostHabokku, on 24 November 2011 - 04:35 PM, said:

A good point, but hear me out on this.

Firstly, the Bushwacker is a much newer design, not being completed and produced until well after the clans invaded, so it's apples to oranges there (Both fruit, or 'mechs.. really but markedly different.. I want a smoothie now dangit..).
Secondly, the standard dragon doesn't use an XL engine, unlike the bushwacker, and as such doesn't have as much weight to spare for weaponry. So yes, you have a valid point on the bushwacker being better armed than the dragon despite being 5 tons lighter, but riddle me this? Which 'mech is cheaper/easier to produce in large numbers? Also, which 'mech will run out of ammo first?

In the era of Battletech that we're starting in, XL engines are around, but are very very costly. A 'line' battlemech such as the dragon wouldn't need an XL engine, though having one is certainly not really a problem to be sure, though weight is saved survivability goes down a bit. That's the nature of the beast though, give and take, etc.

I see your point, but do keep in mind that we have no idea how much damage an AC5 is going to inflict, it's rate of fire, or at what ranges we'll be able to inflict said damage on whatever unfortunate soul happens to be on the business end of our 'mech. The same holds true for all the weapons so far.

Me personally, I'm hoping for suitably fast paced combat while bearing in mind that we're in a multi-ton walking battlemech. Maneuvering should be important, positioning and use of terrain downright critical for aiding in survival, but I want to be able to watch that AC 5 spew ten rounds in rapid succession and look at the impacts as they stitch across my enemies torso, opening holes for my lasers and missiles to take advantage of.

I want to watch my target rock backwards when my gauss slug slams into their shoulder and leaves a nice smoking crater there.

I want this game. ;)

<S> Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

-Havoc
A.K.A. Habokku

Yeah I too am hoping for some very kinetic combat. One of the things I loved about the MW4 series was the visceral feel of hitting or being hit by serious ordnance.

On an aesthetic note, I love the direction they are going with the mech designs. The old 3025 illustrations are a good starting point, but were frankly somewhat shabby. Updating them to provide a more modern, "realistic" look is welcome.

Edited by Steelgrave, 29 November 2011 - 11:39 AM.

#250 rucus

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationFort Washingtond, MD

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:48 AM

i love how the dragon looks, i have been an avid fan of battletech since is first started under fasa, all the mechs that have been designed for this game are great, i like how u incorporated the Telos DecaCluster LRM-10 MIssile system into the snout of the dragon, awesome!

#251 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:50 AM

Dragon a good design? These corrupt Draconis politician would praise even the Charger's "qualities" if there is something profitable for them...

#252 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:55 AM

View PostAidan, on 29 November 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

Well for someone who has not even played this game yet, that is a very prejudicial statement. Let us just wait and see how this game evolves.

He is right, the Dragon IS a piece of junk. And that's not of the MWO devs fault - they can't do anything about it (well, perharps making the long-range autocannons worthy...). If you played any Battlech/Mechwarrior game, you would know that there are some crapy mech designs - and there are others ever worst.

#253 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:29 AM

Odanan, did you know that was done on purpose. The TT designers -and I got this, I believe, from Jill Lucas- felt that, in order to reflect the downfall in technology from three centuries of unmitigated warfare, many of the 'Mechs had to be designed crappy, and so they were for the board game. My hope is the devs will continue that tradition in this game -and it seems they are- until MechWarriors are able to build up their machines.

#254 Kudzu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the SEC

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:55 AM

View PostOdanan, on 01 December 2011 - 02:55 AM, said:

He is right, the Dragon IS a piece of junk. And that's not of the MWO devs fault - they can't do anything about it (well, perharps making the long-range autocannons worthy...). If you played any Battlech/Mechwarrior game, you would know that there are some crapy mech designs - and there are others ever worst.

In the 3025 setting it's actually a pretty solid mech. It's faster than most heavies, tough, and fairly cheap BV wise-- but it takes finesse to get the most possible out of it. You have to use it's speed to keep your target at optimum range-- sniping at bigger targets or closing in to brawl with smaller ones.

#255 Zureal

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:13 AM

I LOVE it, exept for one thing, the arm with the AC-5 in it, i think it looks goofy when everyware i have ever seen dragons clearly have lower arm actuators. i mean it should have the WHOLE arm, cept the hand.

#256 Alizabeth Aijou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:33 AM

View PostAdridos, on 28 November 2011 - 09:02 AM, said:

First man from my country I meet and he violates the rules 2 times in a single post. ^_^

What the smeg?
Also, which country?

#257 Kami Shinigami

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:26 AM

View PostZureal, on 02 December 2011 - 04:13 AM, said:

I LOVE it, exept for one thing, the arm with the AC-5 in it, i think it looks goofy when everyware i have ever seen dragons clearly have lower arm actuators. i mean it should have the WHOLE arm, cept the hand.

As was pointed out before, it is the Grand Dragon that has a whole arm, not the Dragon.

#258 Alizabeth Aijou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:15 PM

View PostKami Shinigami, on 02 December 2011 - 07:26 AM, said:

As was pointed out before, it is the Grand Dragon that has a whole arm, not the Dragon.

Record sheets tell us otherwise.
And in Tabletop, art doesn't equal to canon.

Edited by Alizabeth Aijou, 02 December 2011 - 12:15 PM.

#259 Kami Shinigami

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:16 PM

Really? Guess I should have looked that up first, then, rather than relying on my faulty memory.

#260 NatsuruSenou

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:22 PM

All i can say about this is .. OHHH YEAAAH!!!! ^_^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users