Clan Invasion? More Like Stalemate

35 replies to this topic

#1 Toast001

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:16 AM

I don't know how the team based games goes, but for the average pug its pretty equal. I don't see any side making much of, if any gains. The whole idea of the invasion was supposed to be pretty one sided, then after a month or so of losing give the IS the clan toys and tech. To me this whole "invasion" is laughable. Again from a pug point of view, we don't have the lights, the speed, jumpjet ability or ecm to rush generators and get them down. Maybe things will change when the loki comes to cbill, because not many bring a kit fox.

In all actuality i think the clans only have 2 real advantages, XL engines and streaks. How many 65 70 ton clanners can use double gauss? none. And at least for now, more mechs that can be built for most custom situations.

#2 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:47 AM

Better range, damage, RoF (UACs vs AC), lighter tonnage/fewer slots for weapons and dhs.

Yeah, IS vs Clan is totally even.

#3 LordBraxton

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:54 AM

bring 6 stormcrows and 6 timbers

zerg the generator

win

#4 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:58 AM

View PostLord Ikka, on 21 December 2014 - 06:47 AM, said:

Better range, damage, RoF (UACs vs AC), lighter tonnage/fewer slots for weapons and dhs.

Free (weightless) armor, half heat ER/PPCs, rapid fire SINGLE SLUG ACs and UACs, Rapid-fire Gauss, ERPPCs with 1000+ meter range..AC20s with single slugs, faster projectile speed, and extended range..Rapid fire, low duration ERLLs..

Totally uneven. (Cry me a river)

#5 FETTY WAP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 456 posts
  • Locationspaaaace

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:01 AM

IS ACs have pinpoint damage.. Clam ones is kinda like a little bit of damage everywhere.

#6 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:19 AM

View PostToast001, on 21 December 2014 - 06:16 AM, said:

I don't know how the team based games goes, but for the average pug its pretty equal. I don't see any side making much of, if any gains. The whole idea of the invasion was supposed to be pretty one sided, then after a month or so of losing give the IS the clan toys and tech. To me this whole "invasion" is laughable. Again from a pug point of view, we don't have the lights, the speed, jumpjet ability or ecm to rush generators and get them down. Maybe things will change when the loki comes to cbill, because not many bring a kit fox.

In all actuality i think the clans only have 2 real advantages, XL engines and streaks. How many 65 70 ton clanners can use double gauss? none. And at least for now, more mechs that can be built for most custom situations.

There we go again. MWO is not about one-sided invasion, it is about contest with near equal chance for all sides. If you want your glorious Clan stomp but not finding it here, you are either playing the wrong game, or your Clan is simply not skilled enough.

Leave roflstomp campaigns to single player games. MP only MMO game's livelihood depends on balance.

Edited by El Bandito, 21 December 2014 - 07:22 AM.

#7 151st Light Horse Regiment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 388 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:57 AM

Tbh, nothing that IS can bring will break me away from UAC's.

Most fun weapon in the MW universe and roflstomp every other IS ballistic mech. Yeah go on jager, fire your twin gauss rifles at me, but im gonna fill your face with explosions for the next 10 seconds.

Edited by 151st Light Horse Regiment, 21 December 2014 - 07:57 AM.

#8 Dirkdaring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTwycross

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:15 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 21 December 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

There we go again. MWO is not about one-sided invasion, it is about contest with near equal chance for all sides. If you want your glorious Clan stomp but not finding it here, you are either playing the wrong game, or your Clan is simply not skilled enough.

Leave roflstomp campaigns to single player games. MP only MMO game's livelihood depends on balance.

Train him. He will bring balance to the clans!

#9 Mavairo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:19 AM

FRR has gained territory over all since the start of the invasion :D

#10 darkkterror

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:21 AM

People have already been complaining about Clan Mechs since they came out and now you want to make them stupidly OP so that the invasion is clearly one-sided? Yeah, that'll go over real well...

#11 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:48 AM

Fact IS AC fire just as fast as Clan AC-Ultras, both do the same damage,
(IS AC5 Ultra fires faster that Clan AC5 Ultra, and only fires 1 shell to do full damage),
IS AC2/AC5 weigh 1Ton heavier, IS AC10/AC20 weight 2Tons Heavier,
but clan cant upgrade to increase free weight, IS can,

#12 Hudenagyon

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:06 AM

El Bandito has a point. It's not good for the game if its one sided. In the lore the Clans roflstomped IS until they were stopped in the Battle of Tukayyid. Then the Truce of Tukayyid settled things for 15 years. IMHO the time setting is wrong. These time there were no stalemate between Clans and IS. Don't get me wrong, stalemate is GOOD for the game. Just dont call this an "invasion" if it isn't.

My secodt thought is, that its not the Mechs' and pilots' fault that the invasoin is so awkward. To make that swift sweep like they did in lore, tha Clans had to organize war in a quarter of the galaxy. But if we think only in game. To do this we should have hundreds of pilots battle ready at any given time, well organized, well commanded, and disciplined. Where do you get that in an online MMO?

#13 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:19 PM

View PostHudenagyon, on 21 December 2014 - 11:06 AM, said:

El Bandito has a point. It's not good for the game if its one sided. In the lore the Clans roflstomped IS until they were stopped in the Battle of Tukayyid. Then the Truce of Tukayyid settled things for 15 years. IMHO the time setting is wrong. These time there were no stalemate between Clans and IS. Don't get me wrong, stalemate is GOOD for the game. Just dont call this an "invasion" if it isn't.

My secodt thought is, that its not the Mechs' and pilots' fault that the invasoin is so awkward. To make that swift sweep like they did in lore, tha Clans had to organize war in a quarter of the galaxy. But if we think only in game. To do this we should have hundreds of pilots battle ready at any given time, well organized, well commanded, and disciplined. Where do you get that in an online MMO?

Perhaps if larger Clan units' leaders (units with at least 100 members) talked to each other and organize a massive event aiming at set objectives over one weekend, we might see some drastic shifts. Right now, it feels like every unit for itself.

Edited by El Bandito, 21 December 2014 - 07:20 PM.

#14 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:52 PM

I don't know.. It could have worked to have the fight one sided if they did it right. IS was supposed to fight with greater numbers not equal ground tech. Granted the IS weapons perks were a nice change to a already played out game but they nerfed the clan weapons hard at the same time. They could have limited the number of clan mechs in a drop. They could have also set CW up in stages. It seems so chasotic right now with absolutely no purpose or goal.

Invasion Stage: (One month-3 months Clans can only attack and IS can only defend their territory)
First series of maps could have been fortress/airstrip/outpost designs that IS teams had to defend along the periphery. IS defenders outnumber Clan attackers. Unlock xx nmber of planets for attack per week. Set up rewards for claiming those planets.
Clan defeat means the planet is held by IS faction or Clan faction claims the planet.

Counter attack stage: (One month-3 months)
Put clans on the defensive. restrict their ability to attack and let IS try to reclaim their planets.
Next series of maps could have been IS raids on Clan supply lines outpost attacks and then a final base to reclaim planet.

Whatever. Just a thought.

Who knows what they have in store for us.

#15 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:54 PM

View PostLordBraxton, on 21 December 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

bring 6 stormcrows and 6 timbers

zerg the generator

win

Every match I have been in so far is this...

#16 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:16 PM

When it comes to a balanced game, this is probably the worst era in all of BT. Unfortunately it is also the most well known and popular. They should have set the game in the future, where everyone was on more even footing.

#17 DasSibby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 259 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:22 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 21 December 2014 - 08:48 AM, said:

Fact IS AC fire just as fast as Clan AC-Ultras, both do the same damage,
(IS AC5 Ultra fires faster that Clan AC5 Ultra, and only fires 1 shell to do full damage),
IS AC2/AC5 weigh 1Ton heavier, IS AC10/AC20 weight 2Tons Heavier,
but clan cant upgrade to increase free weight, IS can,

Yeah.... Having a gun that fires as fast but seems to jam every third shell RIGHT when you've got a Timber Wolf in your face? No thanks...

Basically I view it like this. Clan mechs are easier to use. They've got more weapons, are faster, and have better range/rate of fire.

Inner Sphere mechs require more careful builds, they're slower, and can carry less weapons... (But pinpoint PPFLD, blah blah blah...) and more or less... They're MWO on hard mode. Now, I have mostly IS mechs... and I ENJOY playing them because they are MORE OF A CHALLENGE TO PILOT.

That's it, pure and simple. ;)

Edited by DasSibby, 21 December 2014 - 10:23 PM.

#18 pnaksone

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:42 PM

You have to look at what add the clans in their invasion. They where attacking threw what was the lightly guarded backdoor to IS in complete surprise. The clans also only directly invade worlds that had some sort of target that was worth taking or destroying. The major powers where still rebuilding their forces from the Fourth Succession War. A few of the worlds they hit where at best equipped with good hand-me downs from the regular forces piloted by either trainees or the local weekend warriors. Most had it worse then that. The IS nations being invaded delayed pulling their best forces from the border regions with their traditional enemies for a few critical months for fear of them using the clan invasion as a distraction to seize some worlds for themselves. Once the IS got it head out of its rear and decide they had to work together things got a lot harder for the Clans.

We are using both our best pilots and equipment right from the start that should obviously make a difference in how well the clans do.

Edited by pnaksone, 23 December 2014 - 07:44 PM.

#19 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:48 PM

View PostToast001, on 21 December 2014 - 06:16 AM, said:

It takes a long time for planets to flip from side to side. You do realize we're going through 3049, right? If we let the clans take as many planets as they can in one day, then yes, it would be more like the lore invasion. Except 700 times faster. Yes, the clans haven't advanced through all of Rasalhague yet, we know, but their invasion has only been going on for a few days. They've already taken SO MUCH territory.

This is not a stalemate, not by a long shot.

I don't think anyone here is actually paying attention to the fact that even in the lore, the clans didn't move this fast.

Most of you sound like you want the clans to already be knocking on Luthien's door already, but you're forgetting that THAT battle is still 3 years away. The clans should still be several planets behind where they are now.

Their invasion was rapid, and was devastating, yes, but it was rapid IN COMPARISON TO IS WARS!

Edited by IraqiWalker, 23 December 2014 - 07:52 PM.

#20 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:49 PM

And yet for all the bluster on the forums about how people wouldn't want to play "inferior IS mechs" - it would seem that a great many players are playing IS instead of clan.

It makes you wonder about the endless nerfcall threads though, doesn't it?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users