Rage Quitters

23 replies to this topic

#1 NinjaTom

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:10 PM

Title says it all, these players need to be punished for quitting in CW and leaving the team to struggle even more.

maybe remove half of there LP. there has to be a punishment for it implemented.

Do you agree or disagree?

(Now I don't punishing is a good idea, instead if they somone waiting in CW ques can take there spot to help the team who's lost backup becuase of this)

Edited by NinjaTom, 22 December 2014 - 05:22 AM.

#2 Moshi

• PipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:28 PM

as much as i would love to see the people who leave valid matches for absolutely no reason other than CBF staying around suffer, physically, and greatly, it would be hard to distinguish between a child who doesn't want to play no more, and someone who's pc just blew up. mwo has enough server connection issues without people being penalised.

and if you want to be like that, the ones that don't ragequit but power down in a corner. or just stand around. or blocking or shooting your team-mates. or afk because they forgot to feed their dog.

i'd pay money to see trolls hanging by their curlies. mwo has 12-man sides, 24 in a game. not everyone can just sit down and play this, especially with the timesink, i mean commitment, that one must make to play cw. some people will spend their limited entertainment to try to enjoy the game and play with their friends in a few short hours between work, family and other life commitments. people that want to mess that up are truly worthless, getting their kicks off others' misery and clearly incapable of anything meaningful in their current existence.

to be such a sorry excuse of a life should be enough punishment in itself, but this is the modern era, and even the most scummy, braindead twit can enjoy and abuse the finest privileges

#3 Eboli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:33 PM

View Postmad kat, on 21 December 2014 - 02:18 PM, said:

I've sent an email to PGI stating that Community warfare is **** ...

So to those rage quitters good job. I want to see Community warfare fail and get removed. And before you white knight it i have loved playing this game for years, clocked up thousands of games and kills and now all of a sudden in the major part of the game my team just falls to pieces. Repeatedly.

This much anticipated feature and core of the game has single-handedly ruined it for me. While i see a game through to the bitter end Rage quitting as you call it may be other players in a similar boat to me. Look at the Daily whine thread...

CW has all but been out for about 10 days and it is in BETA version. We all knew this when it was being launched and that a lot more need to be done to improve the gameplay and various features of this new game option.

To start asking/wishing for it to fail is a little bit premature.

Maybe you are getting too many lumps of coal in the latest tournament but how about giving CW a little bit more time to mature and get a lot of bugs ironed out.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year mad kat.

Eboli

#4 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:38 PM

View PostNinjaTom, on 21 December 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

Title says it all, these players need to be punished for quitting in CW and leaving the team to struggle even more.

maybe remove half of there LP. there has to be a punishment for it implemented.

This is how you close a thread:
  • If the player comments over in-game chat that they are rage quitting for some reason ("I hate playing against Clans, etc.)" and they quit, then take a screenshot of their comments and the disconnect notice, then send the image to Support@MWOMercs.com. Tell them the date, time of day, time zone you are in, Map, game mode, and what happened. A Support agent is the only person who can take administrative action against someone's in-game account.
  • If someone disconnects without warning or notice, then just accept the fact that sometimes people get disconnected, or have to leave for something important.
Done.

#5 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:38 PM

View Postmad kat, on 21 December 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

It may just be that community warfare to some is a complete failure like me and they are fed up with consecutive losses.

Then don't play it. It's not for everyone. Stick to the group/solo queues. Isn't that a better solution than being a douchebag?

#6 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:39 PM

View Postmad kat, on 21 December 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

It may just be that community warfare to some is a complete failure like me and they are fed up with consecutive losses.

Don't speak so lowly of yourself... there are certainly people in your life who think you're a very successful and wonderful person.

#7 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:42 PM

Lol no im not the failure. I think community warfare is a failure that made me laugh though. : - )

Edited by mad kat, 21 December 2014 - 02:43 PM.

#8 Moshi

• PipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:43 PM

hey, if people don't like the game then they shouldn't play it and ruin the time for other people, simple as that.

stick it out or just don't bother. it's something small children learn in schools, you want to play a game then you play the whole game, win or lose (it helps you prepare for the suckiness of adulthood, where not everything goes your way). if you get too cranky and have a tantrum, then go sit on the little bench with a flavoured milk. learn when your Time Out time is.

#9 NinjaTom

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:07 PM

View PostMoshi, on 21 December 2014 - 02:28 PM, said:

as much as i would love to see the people who leave valid matches for absolutely no reason other than CBF staying around suffer, physically, and greatly, it would be hard to distinguish between a child who doesn't want to play no more, and someone who's pc just blew up. mwo has enough server connection issues without people being penalised.

and if you want to be like that, the ones that don't ragequit but power down in a corner. or just stand around. or blocking or shooting your team-mates. or afk because they forgot to feed their dog.

i'd pay money to see trolls hanging by their curlies. mwo has 12-man sides, 24 in a game. not everyone can just sit down and play this, especially with the timesink, i mean commitment, that one must make to play cw. some people will spend their limited entertainment to try to enjoy the game and play with their friends in a few short hours between work, family and other life commitments. people that want to mess that up are truly worthless, getting their kicks off others' misery and clearly incapable of anything meaningful in their current existence.

to be such a sorry excuse of a life should be enough punishment in itself, but this is the modern era, and even the most scummy, braindead twit can enjoy and abuse the finest privileges

I see what you are saying, but it's a silly waste of time to wait for the players to group only to quit instead of trying to work together, but no one listens to those that try there best to lead a team of "pugs" to victory yet get flamed at by these people when they fail to listen to his tactics, then the team is left typing harassement at one-n-other, while the enemy team takes advantage of this.
The point I'm trying to say is that I expected better from these seasoned Mechwarriors, as by now they should have learned the basics of the game.
(I wasn't the one leading somone else tried and I give him my deepest respect for trying)

Edited by NinjaTom, 21 December 2014 - 03:10 PM.

#10 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:12 PM

Power outages, Internet cutting out, IRL issues. How would you judge between these issues, and someone who just quits from rage?

Pushing the innocent is a good way to piss people off.

#11 NinjaTom

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:16 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 21 December 2014 - 02:38 PM, said:

This is how you close a thread:
  • If the player comments over in-game chat that they are rage quitting for some reason ("I hate playing against Clans, etc.)" and they quit, then take a screenshot of their comments and the disconnect notice, then send the image to Support@MWOMercs.com. Tell them the date, time of day, time zone you are in, Map, game mode, and what happened. A Support agent is the only person who can take administrative action against someone's in-game account.
  • If someone disconnects without warning or notice, then just accept the fact that sometimes people get disconnected, or have to leave for something important.
Done.

I stated nothing of accidental dcs only rage quitters which I did have, but my question to you is "should there be a punishement or not"

View PostBrody319, on 21 December 2014 - 03:12 PM, said:

Power outages, Internet cutting out, IRL issues. How would you judge between these issues, and someone who just quits from rage?

Pushing the innocent is a good way to piss people off.

I was asking should there be a punishement for rage quitters not dcs, if there are issues I have no quarrel with those people.

Edited by NinjaTom, 21 December 2014 - 03:16 PM.

#12 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:20 PM

View PostNinjaTom, on 21 December 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

I stated nothing of accidental dcs only rage quitters which I did have, but my question to you is "should there be a punishement or not"

I was asking should there be a punishement for rage quitters not dcs, if there are issues I have no quarrel with those people.

Okay so how can you tell between a Rage quitter, and a accidental DC?

#13 NinjaTom

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:33 PM

View PostBrody319, on 21 December 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

Okay so how can you tell between a Rage quitter, and a accidental DC?

Oh I dont know maybe they say screw this team I'm out! hows that for telling the differience <_<

Edited by NinjaTom, 21 December 2014 - 03:34 PM.

#14 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:43 PM

I agree with some form of punishment for those who rage quit and leave there team shorthanded.. but how in the world is PGI supposed to police this?

How are they to know someone did not have real life issues to deal with.. a phone call, baby crying, computer crash, client crash, internet issue.. the amount of time that they would have to spend checking all the reports.. it is just not going to happen. Investigating even a few complaints could take a hour and who knows how may hey have to deal with.

I have bee around while playing and even today I felt something fishy in a some matches. Being guassed from 1200m+ and never being missed. Everyone in pug group talking about no misses.. for 3 matches vs same group.. but these things happen or seem to when on a losing streak(grumble grumble). Now if even a few people in each of those groups sent in reports.. this could occupy a PGI guy for most of the day checking matches if they also had to check reports on inactive or DCd players in drops.. that is a lot of time spent on something that will not stop happening...

As for game being ruined by CW? I hate to say this but.. go back to public matches if CW is not enjoyable to you. It is early on, and no doubt there will be many changes to come you may like or not. I have lost 6 of 7 matches today and the one loss that was tolerable...was actually to 228 who just plain and simple kicked our butt, they did not spawn camp and mainly just brawled us apart.

#15 NinjaTom

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:45 PM

View Postmp00, on 21 December 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

I agree with some form of punishment for those who rage quit and leave there team shorthanded.. but how in the world is PGI supposed to police this?

How are they to know someone did not have real life issues to deal with.. a phone call, baby crying, computer crash, client crash, internet issue.. the amount of time that they would have to spend checking all the reports.. it is just not going to happen. Investigating even a few complaints could take a hour and who knows how may hey have to deal with.

I have bee around while playing and even today I felt something fishy in a some matches. Being guassed from 1200m+ and never being missed. Everyone in pug group talking about no misses.. for 3 matches vs same group.. but these things happen or seem to when on a losing streak(grumble grumble). Now if even a few people in each of those groups sent in reports.. this could occupy a PGI guy for most of the day checking matches if they also had to check reports on inactive or DCd players in drops.. that is a lot of time spent on something that will not stop happening...

As for game being ruined by CW? I hate to say this but.. go back to public matches if CW is not enjoyable to you. It is early on, and no doubt there will be many changes to come you may like or not. I have lost 6 of 7 matches today and the one loss that was tolerable...was actually to 228 who just plain and simple kicked our butt, they did not spawn camp and mainly just brawled us apart.

Again I'm stating there is no problem for those people only those that cause strife in the team and then announce they quit.
and I agree standard matchs will have to do for now. :unsure:

Edited by NinjaTom, 21 December 2014 - 03:47 PM.

#16 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:13 PM

View Postmp00, on 21 December 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

You know, there have been a few "bots" threads started up again recently. I would not put it past people to resort to bots when perceived "competition" in CW for planets is "at stake".

but that is a similar issue, all you can do is send a report to support. I would think they could check out the match pretty easy to see if someone was botting or not.

#17 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:03 AM

Maybe remove half of their LP. There has to be a punishment for it implemented.

Hard to say my memory allocation disconnect is back (only when I play against the Clan)

This last time it cost me two Mechs' (when I came back I was in my last Mech but I had no control)

I think it was happening to other people but I am not sure
Mechs' where stacking up like wood

Edited by Davegt27, 22 December 2014 - 01:04 AM.

#18 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:04 AM

View PostMoshi, on 21 December 2014 - 02:28 PM, said:

Someone who's computer just blew up isn't going to be starting another match anytime soon
Rage quitters will be firing up another match without using the rejoin option

Easy way to prevent it?
If you get discoed, rage quit, etc. you MUST rejoin your last game. You CAN'T start a new match.
Problem solved

In the meantime
support@mwomercs.com
screenshots help

#19 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:14 AM

View PostSandpit, on 22 December 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:

Someone who's computer just blew up isn't going to be starting another match anytime soon
Rage quitters will be firing up another match without using the rejoin option

Easy way to prevent it?
If you get discoed, rage quit, etc. you MUST rejoin your last game. You CAN'T start a new match.
Problem solved

In the meantime
support@mwomercs.com
screenshots help

that is already the case since your drop deck is locked

I started to try and set up another drop deck but could not figure out how

#20 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:17 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 22 December 2014 - 01:14 AM, said:

that is already the case since your drop deck is locked

I started to try and set up another drop deck but could not figure out how

That's 4 mechs
I have 30 mechs
Having 4 mechs locked doesn't prevent me, and tons of other players, from just starting a new game with one of my mechs that isn't locked.

You can't drop in another CW match, but you can still drop pub matches. I mean lock all your mechs and only let you rejoin the previous match whether that be CW or pub

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users