70 replies to this topic

#61 jajsamurai

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:33 AM

View PostRedoxin, on 23 December 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

Also lets remember that the other IS houses, especially the FRR, took advantage of the clan attack attack on Steiner in the first days and took systems from them. Which is why Steiner has lost more systems than all other factions except Kurita.

I would point out, that we haven't pushed into Steiner territory for a while. Our border with Steiner is Sevren, and it has been for a couple of days now. I also haven't seen any significant numbers of attackers at Sevren for quite a while.

I do agree that steiner is in a bad location. Not only do they have the most borders, but they have borders with factions that have no one else to attack (clan jade falcon). and with factions that have only two other borders (Marik)

The logical way to handle this is a cease fire. FRR and DC did this to reduce the number of borders we have to focus on.
FRR has honored our cease fire with DC, so you know we can be trusted if we give our word.

In addition to that, Jade falcon is your worst enemy, and FRR can not only help defend lyran planets from them, we can also attack Jade Falcon planets on our own. For some reason we can attack the falcons even though we don't have a border with them. We cannot attack wolves at this time even though they can attack us.

If you want a productive cease fire, I think an alliance with FRR makes more sense than one with Wolf. We could do a lot more for you then they can, since we can attack CJF, and help you defend from CJF. Wolf can only attack CJF and avoid attacking you.

I personally am in favor of a cease fire with both DC and Lyran Commonwealth. I'd like to focus on the clans, and go on offense instead of just trying to hold them back on defense. The more units we free up, the more offensive pushes we can make.

I understand there is some past history here, and some Steiners may feel upset with FRR. That's going to happen and there is nothing I can do to change the past.

My unit is small though, and not influential in the FRR. I can't arrange a cease fire. But If you wanted a cease fire with us, I'm pretty sure FRR would agree, and we would honor that cease fire as we have honored our cease fire with DC.

#62 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:54 AM

All I have to say about clan/IS cooperation is that it's not unprecedented, and it actually ended up making one of the cooler (in terms of lore and political structure) factions in the post-Jihad era:
Posted Image

#63 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 25 December 2014 - 11:16 AM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 25 December 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

All I have to say about clan/IS cooperation is that it's not unprecedented, and it actually ended up making one of the cooler (in terms of lore and political structure) factions in the post-Jihad era:
Posted Image

Are you really suggesting CGB and The FRR Ally against the rest of the factions in CW?

Well cw already has a Steiner/Wolf alliance with many davion units playing a silent partner to it.
Marik,Liao and the DCMS are allied.
The Clans all have a ceasefire among themselves.

The closest the FRR has is a ceasefire with the DCMS right now.

What the FRR has that no one else has is the ability to ATTACK and take any clan faction's planet, we also have attack routes to a couple IS houses -cough- Steiner-Cough-.

So if you want to conqueror worlds, wear the FRR tag.

We are looking for a few good Mech Warriors.

#64 Amro One

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 11:32 AM

Cool story Bro......
But you forget this is but a beta test of alliances.
Wait till Steiner goes official.......

#65 MayGay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 304 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:05 PM

View PostI_AM_ZUUL, on 22 December 2014 - 01:09 AM, said:

Considering we have 1/3 of the contested worlds in the Inner Sphere to deal with.... how about you STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are getting hammered by Jade Falcon and Marik was taking our worlds everyday since they weren't even being contested at all. Kurita and FRR has been taking our worlds as well... all this talk about getting the factions "Balanced" when one faction as a 6 fronted war is bullshit. You have a ceasefire with the kuritas... so just deal with the wolves and be grateful you dont have to listens to LORDs being douches when they win.

Nathan

yeah lord are complete ******** have had multiple run ins with them, now only clan defence contracts and I hate clantech especially because PGI refuses to balance it properly

#66 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:21 PM

View PostI_AM_ZUUL, on 22 December 2014 - 01:09 AM, said:

Considering we have 1/3 of the contested worlds in the Inner Sphere to deal with.... how about you STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure you understand the fundamental basics of having Community Warfare or even the point of these threads. Or maybe you roleplay a retardedasshole LOL.

#67 SickerthanSars

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 11:12 PM

View PostJames Griffin, on 25 December 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

yeah lord are complete ******** have had multiple run ins with them, now only clan defence contracts and I hate clantech especially because PGI refuses to balance it properly

I hate clantech because I pug CW and have to play against organized teams so I lose..I fixed it for you.

#68 Janitor101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 307 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:18 AM

I would like to point out that The FRR - Steiner border hasn't changed after the first few days of CW.
I think we can all agree, the first days of CW were an orgy of people just goofing around and attacking eachother, people were just excited and wanted to attack stuff.

I understand that Steiner has a lot of borders to contend with, but the cease fire with Clan Wolf has effectively shown that they have no interest in trying to stop the clans as a whole, they just want to stem the loss of worlds to CJF. I understand the impulse, but what that's done means that FRR suddenly has Clan Wolf and Clan Ghost Bear completely focusing on them.

I dunno if anyone has looked at the map recently, but the FRR is hemorrhaging planets at a rate that will effectively put the FRR at Treaty of Tukayyid borders in a month or two.
The whole argument of "Well on the first days they attacked us so we're totally justified in any actions we make to screw them" is childish. Tell me you were not excited when CW launched and didn't care who you fought, just that you wanted to drop and play?
Lets put the first days of CW behind us, and actually do what the Inner Sphere did in lore. Build some goddamn bridges and make a stand.

EDIT: Want to point out, the Clans return was the catalyst for the resurgent Star League.

Edited by Janitor101, 26 December 2014 - 12:20 AM.

#69 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:52 AM

View PostHardin4188, on 22 December 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

The Wolves aren't the problem for us. Our problem is Jade Falcon so it makes sense for us to have a ceasefire with the Wolves. They have no love for the Jade Falcons.

they have no love for the smoke jageurs either but i don't see wolves making alliances with the dragon

#70 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:55 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 26 December 2014 - 01:52 AM, said:

they have no love for the smoke jageurs either but i don't see wolves making alliances with the dragon

They don't need to. Kurita is so hard pressed that they have little to offer in terms of a ceasefire. If Kurita was beating the Wolves every round you might see a change of heart.

Edited by MischiefSC, 26 December 2014 - 01:55 AM.

#71 Fetladral

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 525 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:51 AM

does steiner realize this means they will have to fight ghost bear at some point?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users