#21 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:40 PM

View PostThe Boz, on 22 December 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

I choose to ignore the "huge" bit and pretend it isn't there, because I seriously expect them to switch it with the King Crab. If they don't, then WTF, PGI!?

Russ supposedly said that was an accident. Still waiting on it to be fixed...

View PostThe Boz, on 22 December 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

Free tonnage difference is easily compensated for with lighter weapons, although both are somewhat "taxed" here. Varied loadouts, IMO, go to the GAR. Many of the VTRs play identically...

The Gargles can do laser vomit, but low mounted hardpoints (the arms are actually lower than an Atlas's arms) but it tends to have heat endurance issues and its render its CT more vulnerable due to facetime. It's not anywhere near as bad as a pre-quirk Awesome obviously, but it's not much of a game changer either.

I'll give the laser puking edge to the Gargles because of more energy hardpoints and Clan tech, but the VTR drastically wins ballistics and does well enough with missiles (doesn't have to give up hardpoints to use missiles like the Garg does).

I honestly find my Warhawk to have equal or slightly better agility, which shouldn't be true at all...

Edited by FupDup, 22 December 2014 - 12:42 PM.

#22 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostFonzie260, on 22 December 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

I'm not going to debate the dev boot lickers about what makes a mech great.. this is my experience so deal with it.

If you don't want discussion, don't bother posting. That is what forums are for is to discus things.

#23 The Boz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:48 PM

View PostFupDup, on 22 December 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

I'll give the laser puking edge to the Gargles because of more energy hardpoints and Clan tech, but the VTR drastically wins ballistics and does well enough with missiles (doesn't have to give up hardpoints to use missiles like the Garg does).

I honestly find my Warhawk to have equal or slightly better agility, which shouldn't be true at all...

1. I agree with Gargy being better with lasers, and VTR with ballistics. However, I feel that, at least in CW, energy beats ballistics, especially with the Clan range advantage (atleast in the two maps we have so far). The mechs are, IMO, very, very close together, performance-wise.
2. That comes with the movement profile... However, twist/turn quirks could do wonders.

#24 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:23 PM

View PostFupDup, on 22 December 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

Russ supposedly said that was an accident. Still waiting on it to be fixed...

While this happens, the Garg is being shamed into losing weight, thus will be "fit" in the new year...

The Gargles can do laser vomit, but low mounted hardpoints (the arms are actually lower than an Atlas's arms) but it tends to have heat endurance issues and its render its CT more vulnerable due to facetime. It's not anywhere near as bad as a pre-quirk Awesome obviously, but it's not much of a game changer either.

I didn't think that was possible, but here we are.

It begs the question: Can it lift?

Maybe someday I would try out a Victor-9K with 3 LL+Gauss... or not bother at all.

Wubhawk wubs wub.

Edited by Deathlike, 22 December 2014 - 01:23 PM.

#25 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:27 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 22 December 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

Ability to mount 40 tons of guns? isACs? More than 12 SRM tubes? HoverJets™?

Better, but not exceedingly so. PGI nerfed the things that made it good. Still, 40>20.

It can't boat ERMLs if you take multiple SRMs. It can have a single 6 pack and 6 ERMLs; but that's a waste.

Can't you get 8 ER Meds on the One variant if you use the right pods (4 on the arm, 2 in CT 2 on other arm?)

I may be mistaken but I have a Gauss with 5 er meds as well as one with 3 er ll and 3 er meds. The other has a UAC20 and 4 er meds all on the arms though. <----Deal breaker!

#26 Kassatsu

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:30 PM

You can do the standard timberwolf pug farm laser vomit build (plus 0-2 lasers depending on the variant) on it, so it can't be all bad. Pretty sure it gets a considerable number of extra heat sinks as well. Biggest problem is it's a gigantic target and all of its weapons are on the arms or CT. That, and you're taking a king crab, dire wolf or other, more useful assault slot in regular matches, and a third of your weight limit in CW.

Okay who am I kidding, the thing is amazing. It's like my XL400 laser battlemaster only literally better in every possible way.

#27 Blue Boutique

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 481 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:31 PM

Nothing wrong with the Gargoyle,......IF THEY GAVE US THE C VERSION! (happy place) (happy place)

#28 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:33 PM

Found a build, love my Garwub now. Prime chassis, "A" variant arms. 4xSPL in the left arm, 2xMPL is the right arm, ERPPC CT. The rest is DHS. Is it the 1000+ damage face wrecker? Nope. But it's a very decent mech that can hold it's own.

#29 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:33 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 22 December 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

Can't you get 8 ER Meds on the One variant if you use the right pods (4 on the arm, 2 in CT 2 on other arm?)

I may be mistaken but I have a Gauss with 5 er meds as well as one with 3 er ll and 3 er meds. The other has a UAC20 and 4 er meds all on the arms though. <----Deal breaker!

He stated missiles; each arm has 1 missile. If you take 2 missiles, you get a maximum of 2 lasers. If you take 1 arm, maximum of 6.

If you take no missiles, 8.

#30 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:36 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 22 December 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

We're well aware of it. It's a bad Loki.

Not terribad, but not worth 80 tons.

Naw, its a Bad Summoner that forgot how to jump. And you might be familiar with the Summoners level of badness from OTHER discussions.

#31 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:41 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 22 December 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

Naw, its a Bad Summoner that forgot how to jump. And you might be familiar with the Summoners level of badness from OTHER discussions.

Well, it can mount the same weapons as the Loki, just with worse hardpoint locations and hitboxes.

I feel it's a better comparison, since they can have the same loadouts, with the same hardpoint numbers. Summoner can't quite do that; but similar as well, I suppose.

#32 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:41 PM

View PostBlue Boutique, on 22 December 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

Nothing wrong with the Gargoyle,......IF THEY GAVE US THE C VERSION! (happy place) (happy place)

Do we really want a mini-Nova (that happens to have zero JJs)?

If that Gargoyle-C's LA could be quirked with a velocity buff (in addition to the arm themed armor buff with the exception of the Gargoyle-A's Left Arm), my Gaussgoyle on the Gargoyle-D would love it.

That Gargoyle-C's RA would look hideous an attract tons of attention though. (How would one even quirk that?)

Edited by Deathlike, 22 December 2014 - 01:42 PM.

#33 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:42 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 22 December 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

Wubhawk wubs wub.

Wubhawk wub you long time!

#34 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:46 PM

View PostFupDup, on 22 December 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

Only if you wub it juuuuuust right... :ph34r:

:P

#35 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:49 PM

A good build for the Gargoyle is 2 ERLL in the CT and 1 ERPPC in its right arm, TC1 and rest DHS. Can zombie like a cent and youll have those 2 ERLL till you bite it. Has the range to stay away and play the range game, and lots of armor to roll damage. Has speed for hit and runs, and getting yourself out of trouble. Once Russ gives it " Large " movement and some better quirks, it will be in a good spot, by no means is it a bad mech.

" There are no bad mechs, only bad pilots. "

Edited by Alwrath, 22 December 2014 - 01:51 PM.

#36 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:53 PM

View PostAlwrath, on 22 December 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

" There are no bad mechs, only bad pilots. "

Sorry to break it to you, but there are bad robots.

There are bad pilots as well. A good pilot can use a bad robot.

#37 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:53 PM

View PostFupDup, on 22 December 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

We wub you a Wubby Wubmas and a Wubby Wub Year!

#38 The Boz

• 1,317 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:54 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 22 December 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

There are bad pilots as well. A good pilot can use a bad robot.

...but a good pilot in a bad robot will not perform as well as a good pilot in a good robot, against the same pilot in the same robot.

#39 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:59 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 22 December 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

My quote is more for fun than super serious, but people seem to have a low opinion on mechs that are obviously not the best but are decent. The Gargoyle is one of them. Yeah im sure if you nit picked the long list of mechs there are a few duds, but if people spent half the time playing the actual game and becoming a better pilot, then over emphasizing " meta mechs/builds or go home ", we would have alot more people who actually had a clue about this game.

#40 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 22 December 2014 - 02:03 PM

View PostKassatsu, on 22 December 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

You can do the standard timberwolf pug farm laser vomit build (plus 0-2 lasers depending on the variant) on it, so it can't be all bad. Pretty sure it gets a considerable number of extra heat sinks as well. Biggest problem is it's a gigantic target and all of its weapons are on the arms or CT. That, and you're taking a king crab, dire wolf or other, more useful assault slot in regular matches, and a third of your weight limit in CW.

Okay who am I kidding, the thing is amazing. It's like my XL400 laser battlemaster only literally better in every possible way.

It CAN run the standard Timberwolf 2 x CLPL 4-5 x CERML build but with less heat sinks and less DPS.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users