#41 WarHorseOne

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 29 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:23 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 22 December 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

Unfortunately, the Urbanmech- like Santa Claus - does not actually exist. Sorry.

:o

#42 R E T I

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:26 PM

View PostxWiredx, on 22 December 2014 - 03:42 PM, said:

Yeah, pretty sure the generators and cannon don't need MORE HP. If anything, having to hit 4 locations instead of 1 is more than enough already. Defense really doesn't need anymore buffs. Overall, I'm not very pleased with this patch. Seems unnecessary.

You must be on of those multi light and missiles kinda guy then to not like changes

#43 Icebergdx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 168 posts
  • LocationEastern Washington

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:27 PM

SANTA EXISTS!!!! I JUST SAW HIM AT THE MALL TODAY!!!! QUIT SPREADING RUMORS AND HERESY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Icebergdx, 22 December 2014 - 05:27 PM.

#44 Saint Atlas and the Commando Elf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 595 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:40 PM

This is not the patch i'm looking for...

PGI, fix that annoying disconnection issue. Please. FFS PLEASE!!!

#45 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:00 PM

View PostIcebergdx, on 22 December 2014 - 05:27 PM, said:

SANTA EXISTS!!!! I JUST SAW HIM AT THE MALL TODAY!!!! QUIT SPREADING RUMORS AND HERESY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

Edited by Void Angel, 22 December 2014 - 06:01 PM.

#46 AdultPuppetShow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 165 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSpace Texas

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:11 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 22 December 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

Unfortunately, the Urbanmech- like Santa Claus - does not actually exist. Sorry.

I don't see turquoise text in your post so I'll take your statement with a grain of salt.

#47 Batch1972

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:18 PM

Just played first couple of matches post patch. I'm rubber-banding like crazy - even when stationery. Maps are river city and forest colony. Never had this issue before.

#48 Delas Ting Usee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 548 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:55 PM

Getting "Failure to find match" whether I choose to attack or defend.
Unable to launch.

Edited by Delas Ting Usee, 22 December 2014 - 08:55 PM.

#49 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:07 AM

View PostTELEFORCE, on 22 December 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

Urbanmech injection would be nice :ph34r:

this!!

#50 M A S E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:08 AM

This certainly gives Clanners a bigger edge. On the snow map, what about that communications tower right after the gates? I can think of a few ways that can be helpful for defenders. If Forest Colony snow can have ailments in the terrain (the path beside the tunnel) and with generators being a source of secondary objectives I am sure a communications tower will be a great fit in tipping the balance in the defenders favor. And since Clans are here to invade the IS, remove the communications tower (or replace it with a broken model) when they are defending?

Additional gates could also be applied on the sulfurous rift map, make the gates automated to open/ close for friendlies so that there is more of a fight in the middle of the lanes, and maybe some outside turrets as well when Clans are attacking these extra doors.

#51 Arete

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 390 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:16 AM

There can be no balance until the arrival of our saviour and Lord Urbanmech.

#52 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:29 AM

View PostWieland, on 22 December 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

Want it hardcore? They should make it stock only. So we can see who of those super pro are really pro.

What does this change? They will just take "better" stock mechs, while all terribads stick to the worst ones, quite similar how they build their custom mechs (like 3x LRM10 Centurion).

#53 Arcania

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:04 AM

just one question why did they only raise the min and not the max?

#54 Arete

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 390 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:36 AM

View PostArcania, on 23 December 2014 - 03:04 AM, said:

just one question why did they only raise the min and not the max?

To force less light rushing, I presume.

#55 Dormax

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:50 AM

View PostBatch1972, on 22 December 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

I don't understand why you would want to make attacking Boreal even harder than it already is. Why not just add tactical nukes for the defenders and be done with it?

Don't give them any ideas!!

#56 helixrat

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:13 AM

I didn't know that the light rush was such a problem, but this really effects those of us that are primarily light pilots. I have BJs and CN9s, but I much prefer my FS9s and COMs. I feel like those of us that weren't just base rushing are being punished slightly by this increase.

I'm not going to complain too much, though. CW is awesome, and I love playing it. I just wish that I didn't lose the abilitiy to play the role of light support/hit and run tactics because people were taking an extra advantage. I guess I'll be rocking 2x CN9s, a COM and an FS9 as my drop-deck.

Could it be that maybe they should have stuck with the 1/1/1/1 drop deck? That way they wouldn't have the issue of the light rush? Not great for me, as I only have 2 heavies and a single assault mech which I have barely played, but it may have solved certain issues.

#57 P5YCO

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:22 AM

View PostJabilo, on 22 December 2014 - 03:55 PM, said:

Organised teams may be finding it easy to take a win on attack, but attacking is hell for PUGs down in the trenches.

More thought needs to go into balance than this.

Perhaps, but PUG's need to listen. I pug but I either work with the largest group, or I desperately try and suggest some kind of strategy. Whether the other people are listening or not I can't do anything about.

#58 Fut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:01 AM

Whoa.... They upped the minimum drop limit? What's the point of that?

I think the minimum doesn't even make sense. You're in a Leopard Drop Ship, which has 4 hangers/bays for Mechs - and I get that there has to be an upper limit (ship can only carry so much), but why wouldn't you be able to throw 4 Locusts or Commandos in there and call it a day?

Oh wait. This is to stop the Zerg-Rush tactic? That's an incredibly lame way to try and curb that issue....

View Posthelixrat, on 23 December 2014 - 06:13 AM, said:

Could it be that maybe they should have stuck with the 1/1/1/1 drop deck? That way they wouldn't have the issue of the light rush? Not great for me, as I only have 2 heavies and a single assault mech which I have barely played, but it may have solved certain issues.

There's got to be a way to eliminate the Zerg-Rushing lights without shoehorning people into the different weight classes. PGI needs to look over their map design or something, make it so that people can't just charge straight to the last objective and swarm it to death.

Edited by Fut, 23 December 2014 - 08:03 AM.

#59 helixrat

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:09 AM

View PostFut, on 23 December 2014 - 08:01 AM, said:

There's got to be a way to eliminate the Zerg-Rushing lights without shoehorning people into the different weight classes. PGI needs to look over their map design or something, make it so that people can't just charge straight to the last objective and swarm it to death.

Totally agree. I'm not advocating the 1/1/1/1 solution. I was just posing a theoretical.

I'm not a huge fan of increasing the minimum. But I'll have to live with it, for now. I just think that it was an easy "fix" to a bigger issue.

#60 Scanz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 783 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:14 AM

I believe that eight little victories to capture
how can you capture a planet if 50% of the territory is not your
there must be at least 10

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users