#61 Wargeisen

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 35 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:15 AM

Greetings,

After the 22 patch, when login, I have the connecting message working endlessy.

Never had this problem before.

Thx for counsels.

Regards,
W.

#62 Wargeisen

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 35 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:27 AM

Problem resolved. Sorry for the interruption.

Regards,
W.

#63 Fut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:39 AM

View Posthelixrat, on 23 December 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

Totally agree. I'm not advocating the 1/1/1/1 solution. I was just posing a theoretical.

I'm not a huge fan of increasing the minimum. But I'll have to live with it, for now. I just think that it was an easy "fix" to a bigger issue.

At least you have the proper attitude at the moment! We might not be happy with what's happening, but we'll adapt and deal with it. No reason to QQ over spilled milk, right?

Totally agree that it was an easy fix for PGI at the moment. Let's just hope it's not their permanent solution.

#64 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:24 AM

View PostFut, on 23 December 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

At least you have the proper attitude at the moment! We might not be happy with what's happening, but we'll adapt and deal with it. No reason to QQ over spilled milk, right?

Totally agree that it was an easy fix for PGI at the moment. Let's just hope it's not their permanent solution.

I'd love to see some way for players to be able to focus on their chosen / favorite weight class; somehow. But, yeah, for now this was kind of the only way to go and it still doesn't fully address it... you can still stack up three waves of lights to auto-win, and leave the Blackjack on the dropship :D

View PostxWiredx, on 22 December 2014 - 03:42 PM, said:

Yeah, pretty sure the generators and cannon don't need MORE HP. If anything, having to hit 4 locations instead of 1 is more than enough already. Defense really doesn't need anymore buffs. Overall, I'm not very pleased with this patch. Seems unnecessary.

Defenders don't need "buffs" at all; but the winning tactic should not ever be "IGNORE MECHS SHOOT THINGS ON MAP."

I don't know what to recommend beyond "This isn't it." :D

#65 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:27 PM

Now that it will take a smidge longer to kil the objectives, please add some game clock time to the match timer also. Another 10 minutes would be good IMO. I can not say for certain, but I doubt anyone has tried to pull the "power off in the corner" grief in CW yet. Mostly due to their not really being any corners to hide in.

Does increasing the game clock introduce some weird issue i am not aware of? it would be really nice if the attackers actually had enough time to conceivably defeat all defenders before trying to get to push all the way to the back of the base to the generator for a win. You know, because lasers and stompy robot fights.

#66 Arcania

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:20 PM

View PostArete, on 23 December 2014 - 03:36 AM, said:

To force less light rushing, I presume.

so i barely pilot lights so that's kinda redundant I'm more into the heavy mechs. So I still would like to know why not increase max weight?

#67 Aurihalcon

• PipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 24 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:08 PM

View PostArcania, on 23 December 2014 - 10:20 PM, said:

so i barely pilot lights so that's kinda redundant I'm more into the heavy mechs. So I still would like to know why not increase max weight?

I think the idea is to arbitrarily force people to go with something other than all assaults (or as the public queues show, all heavies). But also, it enforces the lore of mediums being the "workhorse" of battlemech units (read: way more common). You can neatly fill out a deck of decent mediums.

Personally, I'd LIKE to go mostly assaults and heavies but I can at least go along with the lore reasons.

#68 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:10 PM

The problem is that when the objective is to destroy part of the map then that is what players will focus on. The defending team has the advantage of favourable terrain and turrets so the attacking team needs to be better than them to stand a chance in a brawl.

If we had a random set of objectives such as;

'take and hold' where you have to hold an objective for a set amount of time.

'Breakthrough' the attacker has to exit as many mechs as possible at a certain point on the map

'Sabotage' current game mode

Then people would have to take mechs that could fit multiple tactical purposes.

At the moment for the attacker speed is one of the most important attributes so some teams are spamming lights. It's a viable tactic.

#69 Aurihalcon

• PipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 24 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:17 PM

View PostPhoenixNMGLB, on 23 December 2014 - 11:10 PM, said:

The problem is that when the objective is to destroy part of the map then that is what players will focus on. The defending team has the advantage of favourable terrain and turrets so the attacking team needs to be better than them to stand a chance in a brawl.

If we had a random set of objectives such as;

'take and hold' where you have to hold an objective for a set amount of time.

'Breakthrough' the attacker has to exit as many mechs as possible at a certain point on the map

'Sabotage' current game mode

Then people would have to take mechs that could fit multiple tactical purposes.

At the moment for the attacker speed is one of the most important attributes so some teams are spamming lights. It's a viable tactic.

While I thoroughly support this, my guess is if different CW objectives were to be implemented, we would start with what we already have, i.e. assault/skirmish/conquest.

#70 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:47 PM

View PostAurihalcon, on 23 December 2014 - 11:17 PM, said:

While I thoroughly support this, my guess is if different CW objectives were to be implemented, we would start with what we already have, i.e. assault/skirmish/conquest.

I totally agree and I am sure we will see different win conditions I the future. This is more a suggestion for the future than a comment on the current play styles.

I for one usually run at 230 to 240 tons so the increased lower limit doesn't really bother me.

My concern is that things are constantly being made harder for the attacking team. Rather than trying to force people to not light rush, why not focus on the reasons this is being done in the first place.

One idea to make brawling a more viable alternative. Omega only opens after the defending team are reduced to a certain number of mechs and disable one drop bay for the defending team (they only get 3 drops instead of 4).

#71 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:20 PM

Raising the minimum does nothing, when the most dangerous zerg rush is made out of Stormcrows and Timber Wolves.

#72 Ravewolf

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:12 PM

View PostWargeisen, on 23 December 2014 - 08:15 AM, said:

Greetings,

After the 22 patch, when login, I have the connecting message working endlessy.

Never had this problem before.

Thx for counsels.

Regards,
W.

I'm having the same problem. Could someone please share the fix?

#73 Ravewolf

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:31 PM

View PostRavewolf, on 24 December 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

I'm having the same problem. Could someone please share the fix?

Oops, a reboot worked for me. It's usually not that simple. Sorry, carry on discussing the Urbanmech.

I, for one, believe it is real and will someday arrive.

#74 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:57 PM

View Posthelixrat, on 23 December 2014 - 06:13 AM, said:

I didn't know that the light rush was such a problem, but this really effects those of us that are primarily light pilots. I have BJs and CN9s, but I much prefer my FS9s and COMs. I feel like those of us that weren't just base rushing are being punished slightly by this increase.

I'm not going to complain too much, though. CW is awesome, and I love playing it. I just wish that I didn't lose the abilitiy to play the role of light support/hit and run tactics because people were taking an extra advantage. I guess I'll be rocking 2x CN9s, a COM and an FS9 as my drop-deck.

Could it be that maybe they should have stuck with the 1/1/1/1 drop deck? That way they wouldn't have the issue of the light rush? Not great for me, as I only have 2 heavies and a single assault mech which I have barely played, but it may have solved certain issues.

Whenever you use the Advantages of a Light Mech everyone in the Community screams "NERF!". Waiting for the Day when they only allow Stock Lights with max. 90 kph Speed ;)

Interestingly the 12 DDC Rush was never discussed ;)

Whenever you push with 12 similar Mechs with similar Loadouts it gets insanely complicated for the Defenders to defend a single Objective in a Gamemode like this.

Edited by Joe Decker, 24 December 2014 - 11:01 PM.

#75 The Flying Gecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 372 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:21 PM

The generators HP is totally irrelevant. You should always try to kill the entire enemy team. The rewards for winning are NOTHING compared to the rewards for going down fighting. Damage against the generators doesn't count towards my paycheque, and is thus a low priority. As a mercenary, I only do what I get paid to do. I get paid to scrap enemy mechs, if I happen to have time to blow up some defenseless generators, then that little extra bit of pocket change is gravy.

I suppose some people might care about the little coloured blobs on a map and who-owns-what-planet; but personally, I'm in it for the money.

Edited by The Flying Gecko, 24 December 2014 - 11:24 PM.

#76 Darth Griffin

• PipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGhost Bear occupation zone

Posted 26 December 2014 - 07:35 AM

I was just looking at the spinning planet the territory markers are around. Could we get 15 dots on the plantet's surface that would change from blue to red as the territories are taken? I think that would really add something to it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users