#41 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:10 AM

Last night in my Loyalty Crab, I managed a 6-kill game with 5 assists and dealt 1,182 damage. I had an AC/20 in one arm, and 2x AC/5 + 1x AC/2 in the other arm. 4 tons AC/20 ammo, 5 tons AC/5 ammo, 2 tons AC/2 ammo...

It was glorious. I love my Dakking Crab.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 23 December 2014 - 11:10 AM.

#42 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:34 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 23 December 2014 - 06:50 AM, said:

To be honest, I think I have only lost a ST in the KC like 2-3 times since I got it which is roughly only 10% of the time. That being the case, you really could probably roll with an XL and not see your combat effectiveness drop all that much.

Also consider that XL vulnerability is partially a factor of the enemy expecting to find an XL engine equipped. I mean you don't tend to shoot at STs unless you feel confident that the enemy is using an XL so considering that 90-95% of the KC won't be running an XL, no one is going to really be expecting you to be vulnerable to a ST loss.

I've lost STs in the KGC several times. You lose half your guns, but you still have a battlefield presence. And I've gotten a ST kill on an XL KGC. Was actually kinda' surprised. Dude got his side opened up because of how he was moving and wonky hit reg throwing my aim off. So I just figured I'd go for his side and gimp him, make him easier to kill. I was shocked when he went down.

View Postblood4blood, on 23 December 2014 - 08:05 AM, said:

I have the loyalty KC, it's a beast (although the stock loadout is so ammo deficient it's a joke).

Stock loadouts (for non-champion mechs) were made for Table Top Battletech. The ammo it carries is sufficient for a game in TT (ammo/ton is actually lower in TT, but mechs in MWO have had their armor and structure values doubled).

#43 topgun505

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,625 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOhio

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:00 PM

I love it. Not because I play one though.

Example.

I was in a TW in Bog and was on one of the upper level plateaus. I saw an enemy blip off one side so i dropped down on it. It turned out to be 3 mechs, not one.

Opps.

I killed the CTF in a couple of alphas and turned around to face the rest, which turned out to be a Catapult and a King Crab. The Cat was all LRMs and was frantically trying to backpeddle to get outside min range. The KC was maybe 100m behind it. I charged the Cat and noticed the crab trying to wheel to the right around it so I just wheeled left keeping the Cat between us while I dismantled the Cat. Because of its slow speed and low profile the crab could do nothing to help its brother in arms. Once the Cat was down it was a straight up duel. :)

#44 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:04 PM

It is the Innersphere Assault mech we needed.

41 matches.

84 Kills; 24 deaths.

3.5:1 Ratio. I love my 000(L)

And this is an un-elite'd, un-mastered Crab. When Speed Tweak, and 2x basics get unlocked, I can't help but think it will be ever so slightly better.

#45 Rhaegor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 301 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL, USA

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:39 PM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 23 December 2014 - 03:48 AM, said:

Its very, very good but im not playing it anymore till the other variants are out for Cbills, because i dont play unmastered mechs, except while leveling them.

Same here. I have my first free one with basics done and 45k exp, but I can't play it anymore until the others come out for cbills. I have spent way too much on this game the past few months. I can not fork out the extra cash for 2 more via MC.

#46 Mazikar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 400 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:49 PM

its ok

Posted Image

#47 0bsidion

• 1,653 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:52 PM

View PostLotharian, on 23 December 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

its ok

Posted Image

You're right, that's like a bad day in my locust ;) KGC is underpowered! Plz unnerf!

#48 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:18 PM

It hasn't supplanted my Atlas as my favorite assault, but I say that only for the nostalgic reason of loving the Atlas for decades. Actually the King Crab is currently my favorite ride. We'll see if that holds the title for as long as my Atlas did. I love just about everything about it, from the look to the load out capabilities. It's got a great walk animation, low profile, high energy mounts, great twist speed, and it's fast enough. Love the cockpit, too, and while I don't see them much, I greatly enjoy the claw opening.

My loads are as follows, if anyone cares.

KGC-000(L) "The Face Hugger"
2 x AC/20 with 7 tons of ammo
1 x Large Pulse Laser
1 x SRM6
1 x SRM4 with 1.5 tons of ammo
Endo-Steel
13 DHS
STD300

KGC-0000 "The Crabby Gauss"
2 x Gauss Rifles with 4.5 tons of ammo
4 x Medium Lasers
1 x LRM15 with 1.5 tons
3 x SSRM2 with 1 ton
Standard Structure
14 DHS
XL300 (one of the few times I'll put an XL engine in an assault)

KGC-000B "The Range Crabby"
3 x ER Large Lasers
LRM20+Artemis
2 x LRM10+Artemis with 7 tons of ammo
Endo-Steel
16 DHS
STD300

I'm still getting the feel for the 000B; I know it has potential, but I might have to go with something a bit more ballistic centric. I was shooting for something different from the other two. The throw-weight is decent with the forty missiles and the direct fire is seemingly effective, but he doesn't pull the weight as well as his brothers.

#49 Ted Wayz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:53 PM

Have the loyalty and bought the other two with MC. Absolutely love them for the variety builds they can accommodate due to the amount of hard points.

Also, even without camo the thing paints up very nice. You can spend as much time as you want dickering with the paint job and come up with some slick combinations.

I am so happy PGI gave us crabs!

#50 Bartholomew bartholomew

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:55 PM

put four lrm5's and then a couple of lb10's in it. play like a lurmboat, wait for the lights and then eat them.

#51 Rehl

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:40 AM

It's nice to see so much positive feedback on an IS mech without it being considered "too good." I think one of my favorite aspects is that you can open and close the claws. I do it when I'm bored, and trying to catch up to the group that has invariably left me behind.

#52 l33tworks

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:40 AM

I actually am not liking it. It feels awkward to use the weapons due to their weird placements. Especially the arms, and especially pecially dual AC20, the arms are too far apart and I either hit a a wall with them, a teammate, or plain miss due to convergence

#53 KaffeeKup

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:28 AM

got the one with $80 pack, enjoying it a lot, it may be my third mech but im doing alright in it, for a average player and a newbie starting to do 350+ average is nice, I think its great, have 3 ac5us, 2 medium lasers and a lr15.

Money well spent:D

#54 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:38 AM

I love my King Crab. He got a very nice firepower and I am glad to have the 30% C-bill bonus variant.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users