20 replies to this topic

#1 R5D4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:34 PM

Anyone else getting tired of this? I know I'm rather frustrated at having a enemy's red Back Torso in front of me one second only to find that I'm spinning through the map before finally re-appearing in front of his front with dual Gauss :angry:

I know PGI has a freaking long list of things to address in 2015 but this one is on the top of my list of crap that I want to see go away now.

#2 FETTY WAP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 456 posts
  • Locationspaaaace

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:44 PM

Yes, but more with friendlies.
People who can't wait a few seconds to find an area to walk around you just kinda.. ram into the side of your mech and cause you to rubberband for a moment, then appear in the front.

And sometimes, if {Godwin's Law} is the pilot, they'll stop after doing this.

Edit: since when does H.itler get changed to {Godwin's Law}..

Edited by Lava Cookies, 23 December 2014 - 02:45 PM.

#3 badaa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:57 PM

yeah this has been pissing me off as well. more and more im fighting a mech he pushs into me next thing i know hes through me

shooting me in the back. i know there still working on knock down and the such but at least fix the no clip.

#4 Tahribator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:05 PM

It's extremely annoying when I'm playing with lights. I accidentally run into someone, randomly teleport to the other side only to be pulled back right in front of that mech again the next second and be shot in the face.

Edited by Tahribator, 23 December 2014 - 03:05 PM.

#5 Batch1972

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:09 PM

Ah.. this explains the rubber-banding I've been experiencing post patch. Has it gotten worse since the last patch?

#6 PPO Kuro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 300 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:19 PM

Yes I'm also getting SICK and Tired of the stupid warping effect. I hope PGI 'fixes' this, although I think they can't. There is reason they removed 'real' collisions. They couldn't get it to work properly. Too bad they can't ask Star Citizen developers what they did to fix this....(think SC got the developers of the crapy cryengine to fix it..or something like that)

#7 R5D4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:24 PM

View PostBatch1972, on 23 December 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

Ah.. this explains the rubber-banding I've been experiencing post patch. Has it gotten worse since the last patch?

I think it has remained consistently bad for some time now.

#8 Bartholomew bartholomew

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:33 PM

Didn't used to be. I remember the time when I pinned an awesome to a cliff with a locust. And because all he had were lurms and regular PPC's I ripped him up with one mlas and 4 machine guns since I was well under 90M.

As a matter of fact that may be part of why there is clipping now. A light should not be able to hold an assault in place.

I really should have been a crumpled wreck with his footprint on it for my troubles.

#9 Belkor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 385 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:00 PM

View PostR5D4, on 23 December 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

Anyone else getting tired of this? I know I'm rather frustrated at having a enemy's red Back Torso in front of me one second only to find that I'm spinning through the map before finally re-appearing in front of his front with dual Gauss :angry:

I know PGI has a freaking long list of things to address in 2015 but this one is on the top of my list of crap that I want to see go away now.

Some lights are actually exploiting this warping bug to get behind larger mechs.

#10 TheGallows

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:04 PM

View PostBelkor, on 23 December 2014 - 06:00 PM, said:

Some lights are actually exploiting this warping bug to get behind larger mechs.

The teleporting is random and unpredictable, its just as likely to put you front of their guns as behind them.

#11 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:25 PM

Quit face-hugging... ;)

#12 YueFei

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:41 PM

View PostDaZur, on 23 December 2014 - 09:25 PM, said:

Quit face-hugging... ;)

I was face-hugging an enemy to try to protect a hurt teammate. It was working for awhile, then I suddenly teleported through him.

I do hope they fix collision detection and collision resolution between mechs.

#13 The Boz

• 1,317 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:59 PM

What happend to me the other day in a Cicada 3C is that I parked behind a Warhawk and started shooting up his read, and he started walking backwards... I was pretty relaxed, thought I had him, so I just stood there, making sure he couldn't retreat further from my teammate shooting him from the front, when suddenly, ZING! I'm in front of the Warhawk, with my back turned to him.
PGI pls fix.

#14 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:06 AM

It's pretty bad haha. I notice it more when enemies face hug me, walk into me, and then they're besi- NO! THEY'RE BEHIND M- NO THEY'RE WHERE ARE THE- and now I'm ded.

It's very disorientating. When you turn around to shoot them and they're not there, and you're getting hit some how, and it's them, some how, shooting you, from where ever! You just kinda pull your hands off the keyboard and mouse and look at the screen... and you wish you didn't have to buy a new monitor after you throw something at it. But you know that you have to buy a new monitor if you did that, so instead you imagine what it would be like to throw something at your monitor until your rage subsides and be bottled up for next time.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 24 December 2014 - 12:12 AM.

#15 Sembrin

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:51 AM

It was pretty funny when some blue was pushing up behind me and warped in front of me just as a alpha'd. Well, I thought it was funny, I don't think he thought getting a full alpha in the back at point black range was.

#16 NovaFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:11 AM

Yep. You aim for someone and fire lasers, and mid-burn they bump into you, physics goes walkabout and the two of you flip places, now facing opposite directions, you miss entirely, wobble some, and then teleport back to where you were after the lasers finish.

Then they alpha your torso and you die.

#17 Trev Firestorm

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:20 AM

And this is why the original knockdown system was superior to not having it... supremely flawed for sure but atleast the knockdowns made more sense than the teleporting-glitching that still has not been fixed years later.

#18 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:45 AM

View PostTrev Firestorm, on 24 December 2014 - 01:20 AM, said:

And this is why the original knockdown system was superior to not having it... supremely flawed for sure but atleast the knockdowns made more sense than the teleporting-glitching that still has not been fixed years later.

No argument.

Personally I didn't find it all to invasive, granted I run Heavies... To me the most annoying part was the jump to external while the fall animation played.

Completely pulled me out of the immersion... <_<

#19 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:07 AM

This is one of the single most annoying things in the game.

Got a good shot lined up, pull the trigger only to suddenly teleport and waste an alpha on air because a team mate touched your ass and made you teleport 15m.

Also, enemy lights DO take advantage of this.

#20 RedlineHunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 106 posts
  • LocationGPS said I'm here, but I think I'm over there...

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:36 AM

This seems to have been getting a lot worse lately. It is hard enough to hit with the laser hit detection being what it is, now adding collision teleporting and the constant rubberband effect to the mix....makes for some very frustrating matches. I don't get this in any other game I play. Please fix!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users